Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by swy
I already have the Ink Bold, how difficult is it to apply for Ink Plus without having any business revenue? I have a few other Chase personal cards, and have charged about 8k in my Ink Bold in a little less than a year. Thanks!
YMMV. It will depend largely on how quick you are on your feet during the recon call. "Why do you need another card for a business that has no revenues?"
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone use this?

The program said the extra 1% earning would be automatically posted to the account. However it does not say how long it normally takes.

I have a purchase made at Staple that is posted to the card on the day of statement closes, so it is including in the billing, but I still do not see the Visa SavingsEdge rebate on my InkPlus, some 14 days after the charge posted.
Keep in mind this is only for purchases of $200 or more. There have been a few times that my credits have taken 5-7 days to post. That said, for the first time, I have a charge for ~$650 from late June with no corresponding credit from Visa Savings.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: SPG, UA, AA, DL, TY, UR
Can you earn 5x for paying Electricity Bill with Ink Card??

I know that we can get 5x points for Telephone and Internet but wondering if I pay my Electricity bill with a utility such as Con Edison, will this generate 5X points.

Apologize if this has already been addressed but I have not been able to find an answer to this.

Thanks for any insights
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by pointmiler
I know that we can get 5x points for Telephone and Internet but wondering if I pay my Electricity bill with a utility such as Con Edison, will this generate 5X points.

Apologize if this has already been addressed but I have not been able to find an answer to this.

Thanks for any insights
It will not. Nothing outside the bonus categories will generate 5x points.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:40 pm

Has anybody had luck getting multiple bonuses on the same card for a different business? Aka Ink Bold for Business #1 and Ink Bold for Business #2 6 months later? And getting the bonus for both.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:40 pm
In memoriam

Many have done this. Including myself. I have had several INK cards at once.

Just read the thread if you need more info.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Chase Ink and Staples

The Ink gives five points for every dollar spent at Staples. One way to rack up points is to buy gift cards at staples. Two questions: Is there a way to get more than the $200 maximum per gift card that most Staple store sells -- if not, can one get a $3,000 gift card at Office Max or some other office supply store; and two, they charge fees for a non store card -- so Visa and Amex. Is there a way to get around this?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Many have done this. Including myself. I have had several INK cards at once.
Were they sole proprietorships?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:08 pm

No. No; unless there is a limited time rebate to offset the fee somehow.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:24 am

The other thing to do is get an Ink Bold/Plus Visa card and sign up for Visa Savings Edge, which gets you 1% cash back on >$200 purchases at Staples. That too helps offset the GC fees.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:59 am
formerly ffactoryxx

I am looking to get a business card to spend on travel and other expenses. Can I still sign up as a Sole Proprietor with $1 in income/revenue. Collect art and sell art about $1K year as a side venture. I normally purchase and hold onto as value grows.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
I am looking to get a business card to spend on travel and other expenses. Can I still sign up as a Sole Proprietor with $1 in income/revenue.
Yes, and many have been approved in similar situations.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:57 am
formerly ffactoryxx

Originally Posted by bribro
Yes, and many have been approved in similar situations.
Now how about once I have the card how are they with non business expenses put on the card?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
Now how about once I have the card how are they with non business expenses put on the card?
You're not supposed to do it, but I haven't seen any reports of people getting in trouble. You can get in trouble for "abusive" MS though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.