Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Office Depot Not Accepting my Chase Ink to Buy Gift Cards

Hello All,

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Long story short, two different Office Depot locations in the last couple weeks, and each time I've been denied my purchase when I tried to buy a gift card along with some other supplies. First time they ran my card and it was denied, second time the cashier wouldn't even swipe my card.

No huge spend, $25 one time $100 another. Posted the whole story on my blog but just curious if anyone has had a similar issue? I'm in LA.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by PatoLoco
Hello All,

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Long story short, two different Office Depot locations in the last couple weeks, and each time I've been denied my purchase when I tried to buy a gift card along with some other supplies. First time they ran my card and it was denied, second time the cashier wouldn't even swipe my card.

No huge spend, $25 one time $100 another. Posted the whole story on my blog but just curious if anyone has had a similar issue? I'm in LA.
What was the second cashier's reason for refusing to swipe the card?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by payeco
What was the second cashier's reason for refusing to swipe the card?
First store swiped, said it was denied, and then said it had been happening to people with the Ink a lot and to try later. I bought my other items and went to Staples where I purchased the gift card no problem.

Second cashier at a different store now, two weeks later, flat out said it was a new rule from Chase, because "a bunch of people were just using the Ink to buy gift cards and load up on points" and so he said they no longer accepted credit cards as a form of payment.

All around strange. When I emailed Chase they denied any such policy, but it's strange that it happened at two separate stores. More details in the blog post, but that's the short and sweet of it all.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Bought 300 Amazon, and 2 $500 HIGC tonight, got a rebate for $50.00 VISA Gift Card from OD tonight,
You send in a form for the card.,
Excludes VISA GIFT CARDS..,

No problem...LA, problem,,,,
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:06 am

if office supply stores stop taking the ink card for gift card purchases, a lot of people will be dumping the card.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Are Ink cards now coming with EMV chips? I saw this image on another site. Has anyone tried calling Chase to request a new EMV card?

Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Are Ink cards now coming with EMV chips? I saw this image on another site. Has anyone tried calling Chase to request a new EMV card?
Yes, I believe they are sending out emails to make you aware that replacement cards w/ chip may be sent out soon.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jul 26, 2014 at 8:13 pm Reason: please do not quote images
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
I have successfully requested one, but not yet received it.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jul 26, 2014 at 8:13 pm Reason: please do not quote images
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:32 pm

What's this promotion? Is it still available? Thanks!
Originally Posted by satman40
Bought 300 Amazon, and 2 $500 HIGC tonight, got a rebate for $50.00 VISA Gift Card from OD tonight,
You send in a form for the card.,
Excludes VISA GIFT CARDS..,

No problem...LA, problem,,,,
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I'm an AU on my stepdad's new Ink Bold. He wants nothing to do with MS so its on me to meet the 5k spend. I've created a chase login for this card but it doesn't give me an option to actually pay the card off (maybe its cuz my transactions are still pending, but I'm guessing not). If I pay via BB can I use my cc number as the payment acct, or do I need to send it to the primary cc?

The answer is probably buried in this thread, but "au" and "pay" are not long enuf words to search with
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
The answer is probably buried in this thread, but "au" and "pay" are not long enuf words to search with
If the FT search tool tells you your search term/string is too short, put it in quote marks. Works every time.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
It looks like the Ink cards are indeed being issued with EMV chips now.

Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Nice. Heading to France next month and can always use another chipped no FTF card.
Chip and Sig I'd assume?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Save UR points after closing Ink Card

I have almost 100,000 UR points in my account from my Ink Card. My annual fee just became due and will cancel the card. Is there any way to save the points once the card is cancelled? Do I need to transfer the points before the card is cancelled or is there a period of time before the points expire?
Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
I have almost 100,000 UR points in my account from my Ink Card. My annual fee just became due and will cancel the card. Is there any way to save the points once the card is cancelled? Do I need to transfer the points before the card is cancelled or is there a period of time before the points expire?
Thanks
DO NOT CANCEL card until you have transferred all your pts to some program or if you have a Chase Freedom card. You will lose it all when card is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.