Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

J.P. Morgan Palladium Card Perks/Benefits Wishlist Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J.P. Morgan Palladium Card Perks/Benefits Wishlist Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If I understand correctly, US Airways sells status here:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html

Platinum, the level bundled with Centurion, has a retail price of $2,999. No doubt American Express pays less, but I daresay it would be more than $200.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Valveking
OK, I just called the concierge and put in a wishlist request for low or medium level status on United. I told her that I would be willing to pay a higher annual fee to get this. She seemed very enthusiastic about it and they appear to be receptive to these types of requests. She said that they pass along all of these suggestions to the higher ups.
It would be 100% more effective if you communicated this with your banker.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly, US Airways sells status here:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html

Platinum, the level bundled with Centurion, has a retail price of $2,999. No doubt American Express pays less, but I daresay it would be more than $200.
Could you then use status match with other carriers?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
It would be 100% more effective if you communicated this with your banker.
Why? I imagine most of the bankers have plenty of other stuff they can be doing while the concierge works on this stuff full time.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Why? I imagine most of the bankers have plenty of other stuff they can be doing while the concierge works on this stuff full time.
Conveying benefits up to decision makers isn't the concierge's job for one. Your request would have been better fielded by customer service.

Second, it's your bankers job to field your requests related to your bank account or your Palladium account, and the banker has significantly better chances of pinging someone with influence to make decisions that would change the benefits of the card.

In fact, when speaking to the concierge, I'm pretty sure you're not speaking to a JPM employee (it's outsourced to Circles, if I'm not mistaken).
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
Could you then use status match with other carriers?
Sure, but there is no airline that does a status match. Minus the short matching battle between UA and AA, everything is just challenges. And sometimes you can get into the challenges without previous status.

If you have enough spend you can also spend your way into Delta DM.

Either way though, if you aren't going to fly much it's probably cheaper to just buy J/F instead of worrying about getting status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.