Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

J.P. Morgan Palladium Card Perks/Benefits Wishlist Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J.P. Morgan Palladium Card Perks/Benefits Wishlist Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
2x bonus on dining would be nice, then I can get rid of my CSP card.

Oh and I wouldn't hesitate to pay a $1,000 AF if the OP's listed benefits were implemented.
Ditto. I'm pretty sure they read FT btw (at least the concierge does) ^ Maybe with enough voices this can land on the decision makers plate.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
2x bonus on dining would be nice, then I can get rid of my CSP card.

Oh and I wouldn't hesitate to pay a $1,000 AF if the OP's listed benefits were implemented.
Why not use the Citi Forward card for dining? I believe the effective CB is around 3.35%.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you don't travel you will do better hopping from one 2%+ cash back card to another, but they all end.
Not true. The Fidelity Visa and AMEX both offer 2%, and are going pretty strong. In addition, Barclay's Priceline 2% card is also doing well. So, if Fidelity and Barclay can offer a competitive CB rate, why can't Chase?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by comptalk
... Fidelity Visa and AMEX both offer 2%, and are going pretty strong. In addition, Barclay's Priceline 2% card
Use these cards while they are available. (The Fidelity VISA pays only 1.5% on the first $15,000 annual spend.)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The Fidelity VISA pays only 1.5% on the first $15,000 annual spend.
Yes, that is true.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by comptalk
Better reward points or cash back than the ridiculous 1%. Hard to use the card as much as I use others when they're only paying 1%. At least push it to 2% and I can then send more traffic to the card. Sorry, the rewards, in terms of points, are lacking.
better rewards would be nice, but this card is about service and perks not rewards. Face it, higher end cards like Amex Platinum, Centurion, etc offer meager rewards.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
The card does give a 35,000 point bonus after 100K in spend so it gives an effective 1.35 points/dollar if you hit that level.

Having said that, I would like to see a 2x dining bonus so that I could retire my Sapphire Preferred as someone mentioned above.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:18 am

I'm currently carrying the Amex Delta Reserve and the Chase United Presidential Plus. I briefly entertained the idea of moving to the Centurion but lost interest when they dropped United from their list of benefits (I live in a United hub city and the guaranteed Platinum offered by the Centurion was appealing. Was.)

I am a Chase Private Client customer and have looked at the Palladium, but frankly I can't justify it with its current perk list. But I would ditch both the Delta and Pres Plus cards in a heartbeat and sign up for the Palladium if it included the list of perks as listed in the O.P.'s list.

Airline status is mandatory. I pay annual fees of around $900 per year for the United and Delta cards, as my combined spend is more than enough to earn enough EQM for Gold in both (with enough flying). Not gonna give that up. But if a revised Palladium offered Plat on both airlines (or even just on United) I would be extremely interested. I also thoroughly enjoy the airport club memberships that both cards provide and would expect something comparable from the revised Palladium. And I do value the Avis Presidents Club that comes with the United card, would definitely like to see something comparable. And a decent hotel membership is a plus.

Ditch the NetJets perk and put that savings towards the original poster's list and I will take the Palladium today, please, and move my not-insubstantial annual spending over to it. An annual fee of $995 would be acceptable for this package of perks & benefits.

Chase, I do hope you're reading this. Thanks!

Last edited by StarAlliance2010; Aug 19, 2012 at 4:24 am
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by StarAlliance2010
Ditch the NetJets perk and Put that savings ...
I cannot imagine that any card issuer pays to offer this type of benefit.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:15 am

The Palladium already has United Club membership. You just have to ask for it. And yes, I doubt they pay a dime for that Netjets thing.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Have current palladium card holders tried calling in to give feedback regarding perks that you would like to see added for the card?

I feel that both concierge and exec line are very responsive so maybe if enough members call in it will happen. There are currently 5000 active palladium cards so it shouldn't be that difficult to extend elite airline status to. United would be perfect!!!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
better rewards would be nice, but this card is about service and perks not rewards.
Precisely!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:27 am

I for one would really like automatic status at United, this would put the Palladium more on par with Amex Cent instead of Amex Plat.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:53 am

I wonder what Amex pays each of the airlines for the elite status that the Centurion gives? Maybe $200/year each? Remember that these elites are not using the status as much as a Delta Platinum medallion who actually earned the status the hard way.

If there are indeed only 5000 cardholders, I would not be surprised if United would allow Chase to buy at least low level status for the Palladium cardholders. Should we all call the concierge?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:11 am

OK, I just called the concierge and put in a wishlist request for low or medium level status on United. I told her that I would be willing to pay a higher annual fee to get this. She seemed very enthusiastic about it and they appear to be receptive to these types of requests. She said that they pass along all of these suggestions to the higher ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.