Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

J.P. Morgan Palladium Card Perks/Benefits Wishlist Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I searched the site and saw a thread for the Centurion/Platinum Cards but none for the Palladium Card. Thought it might be a good idea to pool current members' ideas into one thread and perhaps J.P. Morgan folks will be lurking around and seeing the feedback given by their current cad holders.

The palladium card already has lots of good perks for the $595 annual fee IMO but it would be nice to see more perks added such as:

-Premier platinum status with United
-Platinum medallion status with Delta
-Priority club platinum elite status
-Fairmont president's club premier status
-Premium memberships with hertz/avis
-Domestic companion airfare program
-Priority security line at airports

Chase already has partnerships with priority club, fairmont, united and last I heard there were very few palladium cards issued so who knows?

Would current card holders be willing to pay a $1000 AF if the following perks were added to the card?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Yes! Easily.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: SPG
Yes I would
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:24 am

Those benefits are only available with the JP Morgan Unobtanium card.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
The card did have a companion ticket program with British Airways, but that's now been scrapped.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Would gladly pay $1000...
And do we know how many Palladium cards there actually are out there?

Cancelled my UA Presidential Plus card when the Palladium arrived, which left me without Hyatt Platinum. That and the UA Platinum status, along with existing UA Club...easily worth a grand.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by psfcfa
And do we know how many Palladium cards there actually are out there?
I was told by my banker that there are fewer than 25,000 (compared to well over a million Amex Platinum), but I would imagine they need to increase the number to gain economies of scale to make the product (more) profitable.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Palladium

-Premier platinum status with United
-Platinum medallion status with Delta
-Priority club platinum elite status
-Fairmont president's club premier status
-Premium memberships with hertz/avis
-Domestic companion airfare program
-Priority security line at airports

all of the above might be overkill. Perhaps allowing cardholders to pick 4 from a menu of choices such as above would be okay. For example, I could care less about status with car rental companies but would really like the 2-for-1 with BA to return.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:58 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
...would really like the 2-for-1 with BA to return.
This is available now through American Express Platinum. What is the appeal?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is available now through American Express Platinum. What is the appeal?
True and I have used it with Amex, but I'd like to downgrade my Amex since I use it so little these days. Also, last time I tried to use it with Amex on BA the Amex travel agent insisted (argued no less) my home airport was not a gateway (which it most certainly is) for the 2-for-1 with BA.

At times the 2-for-1 has been cheaper than two discount fares. BA has flights non-stop to Europe from my home airport. Having the option to 2-for-1 when discount premium cabin fares are hard to come by is the appeal especially when I kill my amex plat card.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:14 pm

Better reward points or cash back than the ridiculous 1%. Hard to use the card as much as I use others when they're only paying 1%. At least push it to 2% and I can then send more traffic to the card. Sorry, the rewards, in terms of points, are lacking.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:28 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by comptalk
1%.
Palladium allows Ultimate Rewards points to be redeemed for travel at the rate of $0.015 per point, they are worth more if transferred to an airline. Worst case, if you never use the card in the 2X categories you would earn 1.5%, but averaging 2% should be straightforward.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Palladium allows Ultimate Rewards points to be redeemed for travel at the rate of $0.015 per point, they are worth more if transferred to an airline. Worst case, if you never use the card in the 2X categories you would earn 1.5%, but averaging 2% should be straightforward.
I don't fly much, so that doesn't help me. As for hotels, I already use SPG and HHonors for free stays on my points.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:47 pm

2x bonus on dining would be nice, then I can get rid of my CSP card.

Oh and I wouldn't hesitate to pay a $1,000 AF if the OP's listed benefits were implemented.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:00 pm
mia

Originally Posted by comptalk
I don't fly much...
The only way any credit card issuer can operate a viable rewards program is to offer rewards which are worth more to the cardholders than they cost to provide. By definition this excludes cash. Chase has created a currency that is worth $0.015 or more per point if redeemed for travel, but only 1% if redeemed for cash. If they increase the 2X categories you would see that as 2%, but most cardholders would see it as 3 or 4%, and they cannot recover that amount through transaction fees.

All MasterCard and VISA issuers have a structural disadvantage compared to American Express which operates its own transaction network, but even American Express ratcheted it's Plum Card down from 2% to 1.5%. 2% isn't sustainable long term.

If you don't travel you will do better hopping from one 2%+ cash back card to another, but they all end.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.