Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow in new thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-business-cards-july-2015-present.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Plus is now available

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG, Chase Sapphire, AA, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, US Bank Flexperks, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by homegirlchris
Applied for the Bold on 10/18...thought I'd bide my time what with the storm and all...finally got a call today, spent about 1/2 hour in the phone and was told the business (an LLC) was recommended for the card, but I'd have to call the Chase Business Office. Called the Chase BO and was told they could not speak to me because my hubby is the "manager"...hubby was on another call at the time, so I'll have to call back again...the woman I spoke with said he couldn't even give her permission to speak with me...she needed to ask him several "security questions"...really ? We have a legit business with a Fed tax #...I don't even want this card for BB stuff since there are no VRs near us anyway...guess Chase is really cracking down ?
quick update...just spent another 10 mins on the phone with Chase Bus Office...now they need a copy of the company's fed tax letter showing our tax ID# faxed to them...while hubby was on the phone with them, I got a call on the home phone from Fraud Prevention asking all the same questions ! We were double teamed !! Quite a pain at this point, but I'll fax the document to them and then forget about it...not worth any more hassle at this point...although there ARE those points, right ??
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
homegirlchris - did you provide a federal tax ID number when you applied, or did you just use your SSN?

In my experience (admittedly limited), if you just apply as a sole priprietor using your SSN for the ID number, there's not a lot of intense scrutiny. It may not make any sense, but a more "established" business (with a TIN) might trigger greater reporting/documentation requirements. Just a guess.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG, Chase Sapphire, AA, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, US Bank Flexperks, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
homegirlchris - did you provide a federal tax ID number when you applied, or did you just use your SSN?

In my experience (admittedly limited), if you just apply as a sole priprietor using your SSN for the ID number, there's not a lot of intense scrutiny. It may not make any sense, but a more "established" business (with a TIN) might trigger greater reporting/documentation requirements. Just a guess.
that's interesting...you would think just the opposite would be true...I used the fed ID#...mainly because I really DO want this card for the business...just so happens that alot of people seem to be applying recently I guess. All I know is that Chase has not made this particular experience very pleasant or very easy...guess I should have used just hubby's SSN...live and learn ! Thanks for your insight....
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:17 pm

that's interesting...you would think just the opposite would be true...I used the fed ID#...mainly because I really DO want this card for the business...just so happens that alot of people seem to be applying recently I guess. All I know is that Chase has not made this particular experience very pleasant or very easy...guess I should have used just hubby's SSN...live and learn ! Thanks for your insight....
Really seems to be variable. I used my fed ID# that I have when I applied last week, called the line, they asked me some simple questions about my business and I was approved within 5-10 minutes.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Your track record specifically with Chase might also be a factor.

Although my "business" is pretty thin, I've never had any pushback from Chase when I applied for business cards using my SSN. I have about a dozen current Chase cards, must have had 30 over the years, have my home mortgage through them, just finished a home refi with them - so they know me well.

I'm planning to apply for the Ink Plus in mid-November when (if the rumors are true) they will have a lower spend requirement.

I have seen reports posted online indicating that there may be an even lower minimum spend on the Ink cards if you apply in person at a branch. Anybody know if this is true?

I was thinking of trying that since many folks in my local branch (2 blocks from my house) now know me on sight.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:07 pm

I've had the same issues in trying to get a SW biz card from them.

Have a legit business, have had to fax docs twice (to the fraud dept), call them 3+ times, and just got a letter yesterday saying they can't approve me because they need more information.

I'll call them tomorrow or Thurs and am confident I'll be approved, but it is somewhat annoying.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by TotalNoob
I've had the same issues in trying to get a SW biz card from them.

Have a legit business, have had to fax docs twice (to the fraud dept), call them 3+ times, and just got a letter yesterday saying they can't approve me because they need more information.

I'll call them tomorrow or Thurs and am confident I'll be approved, but it is somewhat annoying.
yes, annoying is the word...not trying for any gimmicks or crazy stuff...just a "normal" business request. When I spoke to the first rep, I told him we had Chase Sapphire preferred cards which we loved...in fact, Chase just increased our credit lines on those without our asking...not sure what's going on, but I don't really need the bus card badly enough for any more "hoops" to be jumped through...we'll see....
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Does anyone know if 2x/5x maximum is per calendar year or 12 month period?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:59 pm

"Offer Unavailable" message is a browser problem.

I had problems with the "offer unavailable" message too. I was using Chrome and tried it multiple times for both Ink Plus and Ink Bold. Switched to Firefox and it worked.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bdraco
Does anyone know if 2x/5x maximum is per calendar year or 12 month period?
Believe it is calendar year.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:08 pm

Ink Bold and Ink Plus have had their minimum spends reduced to $5000 in 3 months for the 50k UR points. I guess it's time for me to include one on my upcoming AOR.
https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...-cards/default

I actually saw this on MMS first and was surprised that it hasn't been mentioned here yet. I guess he can come to FT and say that FTers stole his post? lol
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Clicking on the link from post #1 is showing $5000 spend in 3 months. Is the lower spend promotion active now?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by skizz
Ink Bold and Ink Plus have had their minimum spends reduced to $5000 in 3 months for the 50k UR points. I guess it's time for me to include one on my upcoming AOR.
https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...-cards/default

I actually saw this on MMS first and was surprised that it hasn't been mentioned here yet. I guess he can come to FT and say that FTers stole his post? lol
It is posted on Chase website directly. If you go there regularly, you can see it right away.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by nature1370
It is posted on Chase website directly. If you go there regularly, you can see it right away.
so if I applied a couple of weeks ago, and am still waiting for approval...will I get in on the new lower spend requirement...or will I need to fight for it ? THX
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
so if I applied a couple of weeks ago, and am still waiting for approval...will I get in on the new lower spend requirement...or will I need to fight for it ? THX
If you get approved send a secure message immediately before you start your
Spend and ask to be matched to the newer offer. Chase has always matched
Offers on cards approved in the last 90 days

They are getting more difficult with this , but call speak to someone in Exec offices and insist on not being disadvantaged.

This is an offer open to anyone, on Chases own site that you can see from Google to Chase .com and has nothing to do with the sites they used as an excuse to match 2 weeks ago .

You may have to fight but you should win . I fought with the last offer that was shown for a few hours on some sites and was granted 40 extra days to complete
The spend. But now with a public offer accept no less than a match

Do not accept no as an answer. That should go for everyone in this situation .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.