Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best use of Chase UR points for USA Mainland>Hawaii trip [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use of Chase UR points for USA Mainland>Hawaii trip [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Also, generally speaking, do saver awards become easier or harder to find the closer you get to that date? Do more become available, or do the existing ones get grabbed and that's it?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If a Marriott property would be acceptable, check out the Travel Packages you can get by transferring UR over there.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
im hoping to transfer to KE for a trip to mauritius.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip
Similar question - what would be the best way of using Chase UR points to get to the Hyatt Maldives? From what I know, you have to fly into Male, and then take a charter to the Island...correct? Would the best method be strictly using 160k United points (2 people, round trip, economy)?
Right now, the best way to use UA miles to get to Male is probably on Qatar... however, their partnership is ending in September. Afterwards, it looks like only Austrian (seasonal) and Singapore (I've heard they don't offer the best partner availability, and it would be a longer flight I think) have service to Male.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Someone already mentioned th2 free nights for getting the Chase Hyatt C.C. Get one for you and one for your wife and there's 4 nights right there.

Last edited by pkerr; Jun 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:12 am

Best transfer partner UR points for Hawaii?

I'm sorry in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I have 200k UR points and I'm planning a trip from Austin to Honolulu, Hawaii in November of 2014. Is the best use to transfer to United? Want to go business/first both ways for two people. However, when I look up business seats they're almost all mixed flights on UA metal or they're all business/first but on US airways. Never flown them so don't know how they are. Is there anyway to transfer to Southwest or Virgin and redeem a better cabin or cheaper flights?

Sorry for being a noob.

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:07 pm

Actually Alaska is one of the best airlines for Hawaii trips...But I dont think u can transfer points to Alaska airlines..
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:17 am

You could use Avios for AS. It'll come to 3x coach though I believe. If you're on the west coast that might still an ok redemption. I wouldn't do it from New York though since BA has a distance based award table.
Edit: oh I see Austin... Repositioning from LAX if you can would probably be a good idea. Book a cheap Y fare or xfer to southwest for the relatively short hop. If you want all J then US presents the best value.

I don't see much difference between UA and US these days in "F". Just imho... now several years back I would have preferred UA. But US has improved and, well UA... My last J flt had flight attendants who's attitude resembled that cheerleading coach on Glee. YMMV. Alaska is a good choice from what I've heard as well.

Last edited by mia; Dec 16, 2013 at 7:33 am
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by csol47
You could use Avios for AS. It'll come to 3x coach though I believe.
Correct. BA points can be redeemed for flights operated by AA or AS, but if the cabin is marketed as "first" rather than "business" BA will charge 3X points even if there are only two classes of service on the flight.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: BA
I'll never understand why people want to spend 2-3x the points for a first class seat when they could easily get 2-3 more trips for the points in Economy. First class is such a gigantic waste of money/points.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wiivile
I'll never understand why people want to spend 2-3x the points for a first class seat
... and I'll never understand why anyone would fly anywhere in coach. I think we need to accept that others' value comfort differently and that it doesn't matter if we agree or even understand.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:55 pm

So then I should transfer to avios then Alaskan Airlines?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by c3troop
So then I should transfer to avios then Alaskan Airlines?
No. In a post above you'll notice that First w/Avios requires THREE times the Avios as a coach award. So if r/t coach award is 40K then First will be 120K!! BA is a distance based system. You cannot xfer Avios to another airline. If you use Avios you have to call BA and book your AS flts. thru them.

If I were you I would xfer 160K to UA and take whatever they have available. You won't see much difference between UA & US First class hard product.

I do see some F award space on UA for Nov. Going thru PHX and using US is a decent option.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
No. In a post above you'll notice that First w/Avios requires THREE times the Avios as a coach award. So if r/t coach award is 40K then First will be 120K!! BA is a distance based system. You cannot xfer Avios to another airline. If you use Avios you have to call BA and book your AS flts. thru them.

If I were you I would xfer 160K to UA and take whatever they have available. You won't see much difference between UA & US First class hard product.

I do see some F award space on UA for Nov. Going thru PHX and using US is a decent option.
Thanks! ok I'll go the UA route, thanks again
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by c3troop
Thanks! ok I'll go the UA route, thanks again
i got a hawaii trip on UA next summer. transfered via UR on one ticket and booked before devaluation - 40k for coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.