Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Used link for 140k points (took screenshot for verification). Applied using Marriott Rewards# and instantly approved for 16k! Wish I knew of this offer last month to double dip on the 300$ airline fee credit...oh well 140k points is still an unbelievable offer! Will report back if I have problem receiving 140k points!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Used link for 140k points (took screenshot for verification). Applied using Marriott Rewards# and instantly approved for 16k! Wish I knew of this offer last month to double dip on the 300$ airline fee credit...oh well 140k points is still an unbelievable offer! Will report back if I have problem receiving 140k points!
You can pick up another $300 in 2016. Chase gives you 90 days after AF posts to have it refunded.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by Preacher7
You can pick up another $300 in 2016. Chase gives you 90 days after AF posts to have it refunded.
Preacher, you're gentleman and a scholar...thank you for that information! I was actually going to research Chase's policy on AF refund before asking on FT, for that very fact of trying to get in another 300$ in 2016 before the AF hits. Thanks for answering my question before even asking it !

Cheers!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:43 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
70k fee waived / 140k $395 fee (ck. Wiki for new info) The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card

I'd be very surprised if chase allowed you to keep the $300 statement credit in 2016 and then a month later cancel the card/refund the AF. Has anyone had experience with this on oter cards? Do they claw the credit back?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by RogerOH
Booked a stay at Ritz through the Chase UR Travel. It's for 3 nights, and I provided my rewards numbers.
Will I receive the $100 credit for 2 night paid stay?
Will I be able to upgrade this to club level?

Thx in advance.
The club level upgrade certificates should be in your marriott reward account. So call the elite Marriott line and have them apply it to your stay. They should be able to tell you if the certificate can be used for your selected dates.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Are recent applicants seeing the 2014 travel credit show up differently than the 2015 one? I applied late December 2014 and was able to squeeze in the 2014 travel credits. For those I called in and they posted the next day - could see them online. For the 2015 ones, I used SM and they used verbiage about it showing up on my statement (coming late this week apparently). However, those credits are not showing up online after several days since they said I would get them via SM. Are the 2015 credits not showing until the statement is run for others? Thanks in advance
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by G2244
Are the 2015 credits not showing until the statement is run for others? [/COLOR] Thanks in advance
I see them within a day or two.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone having tough recon calls to get approved for this one? I was raked over the coals big time and "recommended" for approval with the stern reminder that they could still say no. What are the odds of getting a "no" after recommended for approval on a recon call?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Are recent applicants seeing the 2014 travel credit show up differently than the 2015 one? I applied late December 2014 and was able to squeeze in the 2014 travel credits. For those I called in and they posted the next day - could see them online. For the 2015 ones, I used SM and they used verbiage about it showing up on my statement (coming late this week apparently). However, those credits are not showing up online after several days since they said I would get them via SM. Are the 2015 credits not showing until the statement is run for others? Thanks in advance
I got 2014 done over the phone, showed up in a few days as a "statement credit", got 2015 done via SM, showed up as a "courtesy adjustment" in a few days

Originally Posted by finloopio
Anyone having tough recon calls to get approved for this one? I was raked over the coals big time and "recommended" for approval with the stern reminder that they could still say no. What are the odds of getting a "no" after recommended for approval on a recon call?
I've heard the recon dept for this specific card is tough. Very different from the regular chase recon CSRs.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jsucool76
I got 2014 done over the phone, showed up in a few days as a "statement credit", got 2015 done via SM, showed up as a "courtesy adjustment" in a few days

I've heard the recon dept for this specific card is tough. Very different from the regular chase recon CSRs.
I had a totally painless recon call (just asked me to shuffle credit around), as did my dad (and I spent a few minutes coaching him on what to say before his call too). I called in for my fiancé and my mom. My fiancé had a similarly painless call (just asked to shuffle credit around); my mom strangely had a really tough one. Despite the fact that she has very few new accounts (compared to either me or my fiancé, given that I will talk my parents into maybe 2-3 cards a year whereas we of course do several times that per quarter) and 810 credit score. Luck of the draw I guess.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by finloopio
Raked over the coals big time for what?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Both our credits posted a couple days after we phoned in.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Raked over the coals big time for what?
4 chase cards in the past 12 months. None in the past 90 days so I thought they'd just ask me to move some credit. Maybe I got too greedy with them. Time to take a 12 month break from Chase I suppose.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jsucool76
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I was just not patient enough (imagine that for a FTer) but my 2015 travel credits posted this morning just as noted above. So I guess the guideline is 2-3 business days. Not sure why they use the wording about posting on your statement.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Sent SM for travel credit for delta. 2 charges for $60 so $120 total. Denied. Oh well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.