Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
in case this isn't clear...

if you bought a gift card and tried to get credit for it and they ask you for documentation...

you're SOL...

it's a ding.

you've been denied.

you're screwed.

no credit for you.

hope that clear this up a little bit. good luck!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by Rock72

if you bought a gift card and tried to get credit for it and they ask you for documentation...

you're SOL...

it's a ding.

you've been denied.

you're screwed.

no credit for you.

WRONG!

Just bought 150$ AA.

Called in.

CSR asked to hold while charges verified.

Credited 150$ and no documentation needed.

If you all wanna keep using SM to have some random CSR who is not in the JPM Executive CSR group (number on the back of the card), you will continually be asked for documentation (at least that seems to be the new thing reported). TMM and myself have had success with this; nowhere is it written that you are required to provide documentation for your purchase, so call-in and get it taken care of! Why you guys bother with back and forth messages with useless CSRs thru SM, is beyond me. Now I only have experience with AA...SW GCs on the other hand seem to be coding as such that Chase CSRs can tell exactly what you are buying. YMMV and good luck!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by icKyleB
Data point: denied via SM for an eligible upgrade of boarding position. I'll have to call to get this sorted out as it's not a dishonest gift card purchase.

A personal thanks to all of those who blatantly and recklessly abused the heck out of this travel credit and now have ruined it for others, your carelessness is appreciated from those who get screwed.
If Chase isn't following their own T&C's, this isn't really anyone's fault but theirs. I'm sure you'll be fine...
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
got a SM asking for documentation, came here, read the last 2 pages..

damn bloggers
!!

sent a response stating that I was not required any documentation in the past and I did not save receipts but that I would for future whatever.

now we sit and wait

if that doesn't work, I will call in
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:07 am
Suspended

you're SOL...

it's a ding.

you've been denied.

you're screwed.

no credit for you.

Unless I photoshop a "receipt" which is the next step if Chase continues down this path.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Unless I photoshop a "receipt" which is the next step if Chase continues down this path.
Oh boy...you're gonna get some flack for that comment LOL!

Although I wouldn't go as far as "customizing" my own receipt (and for the sake of breaking the law, I would hope you didn't either), I would definitely spout the terms of this card and say that nowhere does it say you are even required to save documentation. The CSR I called yesterday was very nice and didn't hassle me at all about the reimbursement.

No way am I paying 395$ for this card if I cant get the most out of the 300$ credit! Other than the status this card gives you, not very valuable w/o the credit! If they wan't to lose a customer, so be it! I'll take my 140k points and be on my way. To all you people going on and on about how people buying GCs is ruining this card for others...I laugh in your face! Tell me, do you MS using Chase or other credit cards (I would assume you do because I see your names on the MS threads)? How is using a Chase credit card (or any card for that matter) for MS any different from using the 300$ incidental credit on GCs?? Chase cards specifically state in their terms that they may close your account "If we suspect that you’ve misused the program in any way, for example…by repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards" but yet here we all are, using chase cards to generate points thru MS. As soon as you stop MSing, I'll stop using this credit for gift cards.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:50 am

Another $300 SW gc went through. $600 for both cards. SM is still the way to go.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Forever681
Another $300 SW gc went through. $600 for both cards. SM is still the way to go.
^NICE! Seems hit or miss with both SW GCs and using SM! YMMV with everything! I, for one, will be getting the 600$ out of the way ASAP for both of my cards, in case things change throughout the course of the year!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:59 pm

How long are people's airline credits taking to post after you call in/get confirmation via SM? Last year they posted same day but it looks like that's not the case anymore.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by highgear
How long are people's airline credits taking to post after you call in/get confirmation via SM? Last year they posted same day but it looks like that's not the case anymore.
24-48 hours
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by highgear
24-48 hours
Yup, that's been my experience, as well. Took 2 days for a single $300 "courtesy adjustment" to hit my account.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
WRONG!

Just bought 150$ AA.

Called in.

CSR asked to hold while charges verified.

Credited 150$ and no documentation needed.
you need to re-read my first line.

"if you bought a gift card and tried to get credit for it and they ask you for documentation..."

in computer science this is a simple if statement

IF (you bought a gift card) && (asked for credit) && (they ask you for documentation)

THEN you are SOL
ELSE you are good

i have received credit in the past but only when they did not ask me for documentation which is your case.

of course if they do ask for documentation you can try a few things:

1) tell them you don't have the receipt but it was for (something that is allowed - e.g. baggage fees)
2) manufacture a receipt
3) call again and hope you get better luck next time
4) send a SM

etc.

just me but i'm going to abandon the use of gift cards for credit and will just get my $300 naturally. i do check in bags sometimes and pay the $25 or whatever and i may get to $300 this year. if it comes to nov/dec and i'm not there, then i'll attempt gift cards again.

i got my $300 in december so i'm good with the $395 annual fee.

i would not do anything illegal such as manufacture a fake receipt because if you are caught with that, chase will likely put a lifetime ban on you and that's no good...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:49 pm
Suspended

you need to re-read my first line.

"if you bought a gift card and tried to get credit for it and they ask you for documentation..."

in computer science this is a simple if statement

IF (you bought a gift card) && (asked for credit) && (they ask you for documentation)

THEN you are SOL
ELSE you are good

i have received credit in the past but only when they did not ask me for documentation which is your case.

of course if they do ask for documentation you can try a few things:

1) tell them you don't have the receipt but it was for (something that is allowed - e.g. baggage fees)
2) manufacture a receipt
3) call again and hope you get better luck next time
4) send a SM

etc.

just me but i'm going to abandon the use of gift cards for credit and will just get my $300 naturally. i do check in bags sometimes and pay the $25 or whatever and i may get to $300 this year. if it comes to nov/dec and i'm not there, then i'll attempt gift cards again.

i got my $300 in december so i'm good with the $395 annual fee.

i would not do anything illegal such as manufacture a fake receipt because if you are caught with that, chase will likely put a lifetime ban on you and that's no good...
If they ask for documentation, the most effective approach to get out of that is to say you don't have the receipt as the T&C don't indicate you need one. If they still insist on documentation, simply say "Okay well lets go ahead and cancel the card." Anyone still in the 60 day period can get their $395 back. Chase loses.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:19 am

Agree with your sentiment.
This is amusing coming from your mouth.

Is this true? I assumed you maintained gold status for all year.

Has anyone ever tried to double dip (Dec $300 credit/Jan $300 credit), meet spend really quick, get points, and then cancel card within the 30 days after annual fee hit to get that credited back as well?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jft3
This is amusing coming from your mouth.
Those are different situations. You talked about abusing the $300 annual credit which I consider to be people buying a $200 GC or larger and not disguising it with smaller amounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.