Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
I'm pretty sure it's never a good idea to openly admit you bought gift cards.

Honesty is often the best policy, but often != always.
Kind of hard to deny when the charge posts as "Alaska Air Gift Cert".
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Kind of hard to deny when the charge posts as "Alaska Air Gift Cert".
Ouch. Yes.

Never purchased one of those. Southwest, for example, just bills GC's as a "normal" (i.e., non-airfare) charge.

I can't remember how United and AA do it, it's been a while.

I should be getting my card by end of next week. If I do, I'll scramble to get a few example gift card purchases done (at United, AA, and one more airline that I haven't decided on yet). Will report back.

Here's what a Southwest gift card, purchased online, looks like to Amex:

SW AIR DALLAS TX
DOING BUSINESS AS: SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
MERCHANT ADDRESS: PO BOX 36611, DALLAS, TX 75235 UNITED STATES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: xxx (214) 792 - 4223
REFERENCE NUMBER: xxx
CATEGORY: TRAVEL - AIRLINE
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:25 am

Hi everyone, I just applied for this card and have a few question...

1) when buying GC, is it best to buy $180 + $120 and not a one time $300?

2) I want to transfer the points to AAdvantage through the Hotel and Flight package, read some where that I can transfer more than the required points to get the benefit of 1:1 miles transfer..
For example: I need 270,000 for a Cat 1-5 cert plus 120,000 AA points, at the same time, I can request to transfer another 100,000 points for a 1:1 ratio to AA...
Is this true? anyone heard of that??

3) For the 7 night certificate from the hotel and flight package, do I need to use all 7 night at once? or I can use 5 and leave 2 to use till expiration of the certificate?

Appreciate for the help and a happy holiday to everyone
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by catcathk
1) when buying GC, is it best to buy $180 + $120 and not a one time $300?
It seems to be the common belief on here that smaller chunks is always best, and less obvious.

3) For the 7 night certificate from the hotel and flight package, do I need to use all 7 night at once? or I can use 5 and leave 2 to use till expiration of the certificate?
Unless we're talking about a different certificate, I believe it's "up to 7 nights." My assumption here is that if you don't use it for a full 7 nights, it still gets "used up."
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott
Newbie needs help with new Ritz Card.

I see the current offer of 140k points for the Ritz Card and have the following questions:

A. I am not a Ritz Carlton club member. Is it possible to sign up for this card with a Marriott Rewards number and have those bonus points added to your MR account and then continue to earn Marriott Rewards bonus points with the Ritz Card?

B. And neither MR or RC cares that I would do this (and if so, not sure why it would not just state this in the offer "bullet point" list)?

C. I have the Marriott Chase card and received a 70k bonus in December of 2012 - would this affect my eligibility for the bonus?

D. Would I continue to be able to earn points for my MR account from both cards if all is allowed?

E. I am already lifetime platinum with Marriott Rewards - does it still make sense to take advantage of the RC benefits that the Ritz card would provide - or is this not as big a benefit for me.

This is a dauntingly long post - sure my questions have been answered, but was hoping an expert could just answer my specifics.

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Wally3433
I see the current offer of 140k points for the Ritz Card and have the following questions:

A. I am not a Ritz Carlton club member. Is it possible to sign up for this card with a Marriott Rewards number and have those bonus points added to your MR account and then continue to earn Marriott Rewards bonus points with the Ritz Card?

B. And neither MR or RC cares that I would do this (and if so, not sure why it would not just state this in the offer "bullet point" list)?

C. I have the Marriott Chase card and received a 70k bonus in December of 2012 - would this affect my eligibility for the bonus?

D. Would I continue to be able to earn points for my MR account from both cards if all is allowed?

E. I am already lifetime platinum with Marriott Rewards - does it still make sense to take advantage of the RC benefits that the Ritz card would provide - or is this not as big a benefit for me.

This is a dauntingly long post - sure my questions have been answered, but was hoping an expert could just answer my specifics.

Thanks.
All those questions have been asked many times. The answer to all your questions is yes, no problem. You can used your MR number, everyone is ok with that, having the MR card doesn't disqualify you for points, you can still earn other points (but you only have either MR or RC, you can't have both accounts). For E - the biggest benefit you'll get out of this is the points signup and airline/hotel credit to cover your annual fee each year. Your current status is already honored by RC
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I got a marriot visa in march of 2013 and got the 70k bonus and closed it this February would I be eligible for the 140k bonus?

Last edited by slickvik; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
I got a marriot visa in march of 2013 and got the 70k bonus and closed it this February would I be eligible for the 140k bonus?
This bonus is not affected by the Marriott credit card in any way, regardless of if it's closed or open.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
What happens if you need to refund one of the charges that has been credited via Chase? For example, if they credit some upgrade fee and you have to cancel the flight. Does the credit also get automatically reversed or what?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone who has had this card comment on the lounge access that you get with it? All it says in the T&C is:

LOUNGE CLUB™ Airport Lounge Access:

Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions section in the LOUNGE CLUB™ Listing that you will receive upon enrollment. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or a failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Which is not all that useful in deciding whether or not I want to apply.

I found a list of lounges on the Lounge Club website, but what I want to know in particular is:

1. Is it actually free entry?
2. Are guests free?

On the website it says something about how there may be some charges when you visit and if there are they will charge your CC. Not very informative.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2) I want to transfer the points to AAdvantage through the Hotel and Flight package, read some where that I can transfer more than the required points to get the benefit of 1:1 miles transfer..
For example: I need 270,000 for a Cat 1-5 cert plus 120,000 AA points, at the same time, I can request to transfer another 100,000 points for a 1:1 ratio to AA...
Is AA one of their partners? They have a lot of partners but I don't see AA on the list.

As for transferring more pts, I'd just call and ask.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
I noticed in the original post it specified

"Southwest eGiftcard"
"Delta Giftcard"

Does this mean you can not buy delta egiftcards or was it simply a difference in the wording?

Also if I were to buy say 3 $100 airline gift cards, could I do so in 1 or 2 days, or would I need to space them out more? I just got this card with the new 140k bonus and I'd like to use my airline credit before the year is up.

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jsucool76
I noticed in the original post it specified

"Southwest eGiftcard"
"Delta Giftcard"

Does this mean you can not buy delta egiftcards or was it simply a difference in the wording?

Also if I were to buy say 3 $100 airline gift cards, could I do so in 1 or 2 days, or would I need to space them out more? I just got this card with the new 140k bonus and I'd like to use my airline credit before the year is up.

Thanks.
I would assume that the wiki means exactly what it said, someone tried Southwest egiftcard, and it was reimbursed, and someone tried Delta giftcard and it worked. I would not assume other versions have been tried unless they are explicitly listed as working or not working.

Also, you can always search within the thread to find the original posts where people gave the info that was translated to the wiki, it may have more nuance. Personally, I'm in the same position as you with wanting to score 2x the reimbursement for one Annual Fee. I think I will buy a few things that have been mentioned as definitely working as save the experimenting for 2015.

My question (I know I need to read the thread) is whether you actually have to call in to get reimbursed.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
My card arrived today. ^ Very impressive packaging (weighing in at about 3lbs) and shipped UPS Next Day Air. Exactly 1 week from application to receipt.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA
Originally Posted by kwbtraveler
Does anyone know if I can be reimbursed for 2 Global Entry Applications (Me & Mrs. Traveler)?
Yes, I did it for myself, uncle and a friend and they were all reimbursed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.