Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
I told the rep the $75 SW gift cards were baggage fees.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by senator2001
Her earlier posts said she did four $75 eGC through SW. I purchased four $75 through Delta...the charges haven't posted yet but will update when they post and whether they are credited back.
Do you think I'll have a problem getting $250 in legitimate seat upgrade fees on a European flight on KLM? I haven't seen anyone mention using non US airlines and I doubt it'll matter but I'm Just curious.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alrvd83
So I couldn't help myself and I just applied and got approved. I used my current Marriott Rewards #. I called to confirm the bonus and the lady said on their end it says 2 free nights.

I mentioned the 140k ofer and she said there was another offer that says "1 free night or 70k points". She admitted that the wording is confusing on their end, and it's essentially the same thing (2 free nights or 140k pts). She said hat in her end it doesn't say "1-4 certificates". Hmmmm.

Lastly she said that when I get the card to confirm what ofthe offer states in the welcome package...is that true that the welcome package lists the offer?

She said if it's not what I signed up for, to call back and they would take care of it. Seems like I got an overly optimistic person haha. Regardless, if they don't honor this 140k offer then I'll just cancel the card out right.
2 free nights is NOT the same as 140k. 140 can be used however I please, whenever I please. The certs are only good if you plan to stay at a really high end Ritz within the next 12 months.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
2 free nights is NOT the same as 140k. 140 can be used however I please, whenever I please. The certs are only good if you plan to stay at a really high end Ritz within the next 12 months.
Well, if you click the Offer Detail link at the bottom of the 140k offer, it makes a mention of "2 Complimentary Nights using your 140,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points" and goes on to say "You will receive 140,000 bonus points with this offer, which can be redeemed for 2 complimentary night stays at any participating Ritz-Carlton hotel". I wonder if this is where the reps' confusion is coming from. Seems a little odd that they would tell me tier 1-4 though when 140k can be used for 2 nites at a tier 5.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:09 pm

Just wanna save this URL in this thread for future reference if they ask for any of the info in this link for people apply the 140k welcome bonus.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...DF01&SPID=FBCY
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk
Just wanna save this URL in this thread for future reference if they ask for any of the info in this link for people apply the 140k welcome bonus.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...DF01&SPID=FBCY
That link doesn't say anything about the offer.

Everyone just needs to save a pic of the landing page

Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:24 pm

I just got off the phone with Chase. My wife and I each applied and we each got put into the 2 free night promotion, not the 140k point promotion. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
I'm not sure why all the angst. Screenshot the offer, and if Chase really won't budge on giving 140k points instead of 2 free night certificate (and I find it hard to believe that Chase will do that, given their policy of matching offers to publicly available ones on request), it's basically a quick report filed with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to get the sign up bonus you want...
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:58 pm

The twitter/social media team said we're getting points

Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Im in total agreenance, hence my stance of canecling the card if I don;t get my 140k points
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:42 pm

I hope this is around in a few months, I need to re-fi my house quickly and then jump on this.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
That link doesn't say anything about the offer.

Everyone just needs to save a pic of the landing page

Hi Jsucool76,

Thanks for quoting my message, I post the link here for the Promo Code and other information in the URL and not the actual page, such as

CELL=6MBQ
PROMO=DF01
SPID=FBCY
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:40 pm

I decided to apply via the included links and will let everyone know if the 140k points applied correctly. I did private browsing and got an instant 25k CL approval. I do have a few other chase accounts CSP/Freedom with 20k CL for both already.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Im in total agreenance, hence my stance of canecling the card if I don;t get my 140k points
Absolutely but don't cancel until you get the 2014 $300 credit and then do it again on Jan 1. Get your $600 bucks, then cancel. That will teach Chase not to bait and switch people.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:54 am

Ritz-carlton club level upgrades

Gold status seemed pretty immediate, any feedback on how long it takes the upgrade e-certificates to post to the account? (close of first billing cycle?)

=================
3 UPGRADES TO THE RITZ-CARLTON CLUBŪ LEVEL EACH YEAR*
Enjoy complimentary upgrades to The Ritz-Carlton ClubŪ Level three times annually on paid stays of up to seven nights, and surround yourself with extra measures of comfort and sophistication, subject to availability at the time of your reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required.
=================

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.