Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by justinh20
Was your MR account converted to a RC account?
No. My dad opened this card recently and he used his Marriott account. It is still marriott and Gold. He was gold even before receiving the card
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
No. My dad opened this card recently and he used his Marriott account. It is still marriott and Gold. He was gold even before receiving the card
Yes, I've heard the upgrade happens quickly. From what I've read it's pretty transparent and not noticeable unless you try to sign up for brand-specific promotions. I'm still a little afraid to do this and screwup my Marriot MegaBonus progress.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Can we confirm that AA GCs and southwest eGCs are reimbursable for the airline fee credit? In the wiki it states that is the case.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:33 am

approved 8 min recon, moved credit from one of my SWA cards. rep said about 3 days rewards account set up, 2 days Chase gets the card out typically from what he has seen. But has to say 2 weeks. Still working some things out with Ritz rewards program integration is reason can't expedite now.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by CBDTREE
approved 8 min recon, moved credit from one of my SWA cards. rep said about 3 days rewards account set up, 2 days Chase gets the card out typically from what he has seen. But has to say 2 weeks. Still working some things out with Ritz rewards program integration is reason can't expedite now.
I got similar message just now. I was told the card couldn't be sent until I got a rewards number with the ritz program. I asked if there way to expedite it, and he said I needed to wait 3-5 business days for the reward account to be set up.

So good plan is to get card, immediately get gift cards, and ask for reimbursement almost right away since time is short. For those that have called... is it easy to get reimbursed or do they grill you?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:34 pm

Wife and I instant approval. Hoping for the card in time for 2014 credit...
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:44 pm

Hi all, I am new and just got approved for this card, I have some questions regarding the $200 airline reimbursement, your help is greatly appreciated:

1. Where did you buy the e-gift cards so that it would be eligible and count for reimbursement by Chase? (e.g: AA.com, Southwest.com or from any particular store for physical giftcards?).

2. What did you say/write to the Chase agent when calling on phone or secure message to ask for reimbursement? Would you please write down what did you say/write. I am just concerned if I just said "please reimburse my airline purchase dated xx/xx/xx" and then they asked "please specify what kind of airline purchase is it?".......certainly we cannot say "it's for gift card" as it would make it ineligible for reimbursement. But if we said "airline fee", would Chase agent can see the details of the purchase and what we bought in their system?

3. Some mentioned the "double dip" for the airline gift cards and keep the purchase of two gift cards under $95 each or $75 each. What is the purpose of that? can you please explain and elaborate. Why not buy $200 in one go since that's the maximum amount that eligible for reimbursement in a calendar year.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, hope you can answer each of my questions as it really means a lot for me and I really appreciate it if you could please help. Thank you so much in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by joykid
3. Some mentioned the "double dip" for the airline gift cards and keep the purchase of two gift cards under $95 each or $75 each. What is the purpose of that? can you please explain and elaborate. Why not buy $200 in one go since that's the maximum amount that eligible for reimbursement in a calendar year.
Logically, you can pass off a $50, $75, or $95 charge more easily as an incidental airline expense, relative to a $200 fee. The goal is for it *not* to look like you just bought $200 worth of gift cards to max out a benefit.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Mine was not - I put in my MR account, and I stayed with a MR account. It was not converted to an RC account.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
Mine was not - I put in my MR account, and I stayed with a MR account. It was not converted to an RC account.
Good to know. When did you apply for this and were you enrolled in an active MegaBonus at the time? How do you know it stayed a MR account? I haven't heard of any way to verify other than promotion eligibility since logins, account number and all other details stay the same.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
No, and my points have appeared in my Marriott acct, which shows gold (used to be silver). Since RC doesn't supposedly give out actual gold Marriott status (although the benefits are reciprocal), it appears as if they rather converted my RC acct to Marrriott. That, and when I log on to RC, it redirects to Marriott. Which is fine by me.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mnscout
No, and my points have appeared in my Marriott acct, which shows gold (used to be silver). Since RC doesn't supposedly give out actual gold Marriott status (although the benefits are reciprocal), it appears as if they rather converted my RC acct to Marrriott. That, and when I log on to RC, it redirects to Marriott. Which is fine by me.
Were you enrolled in the current MegaBonus under your MR account before signing up? If so, are you still?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Were you enrolled in the current MegaBonus under your MR account before signing up? If so, are you still?
No to both questions.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
I was, and still am.

I put in my marriott # on the app where it asked for Ritz number. Approved yesterday, my account already shows Gold.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:54 pm

Is there a fee for AU cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.