Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Absolutely but don't cancel until you get the 2014 $300 credit and then do it again on Jan 1. Get your $600 bucks, then cancel. That will teach Chase not to bait and switch people.
I'm hoping I get the 140k and don't have to cancel. Let's say I get the card next Tuesday and I spend the $300 on Wednesday 31st. Since the charges will post in 2015, won't that $300 spent on wednesdsy dec 31st count for 2014?

I doubt I'll even get the card by Wednesday. I was approved today (Friday).

Last edited by alrvd83; Dec 27, 2014 at 2:05 am
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by catcathk
Hi Jsucool76,

Thanks for quoting my message, I post the link here for the Promo Code and other information in the URL and not the actual page, such as

CELL=6MBQ
PROMO=DF01
SPID=FBCY
Just talked to the same person I did yesterday about this situation. They verified that those are associated with the 2 night stay promo and is the reason for the discrepancy in what's being shown (140k points) vs what the application is actually for (2 night promo). About 45 min ago (830am Eastern) their marketing team (Carl) sent an internal email requesting the account info of anyone affected by this problem so they can find out more information. My CSR did provide my information along with the 140k URL and verbiage which clearly says 140k points.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by MyTravels
Gold status seemed pretty immediate, any feedback on how long it takes the upgrade e-certificates to post to the account? (close of first billing cycle?)

=================
3 UPGRADES TO THE RITZ-CARLTON CLUB LEVEL EACH YEAR*
Enjoy complimentary upgrades to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level three times annually on paid stays of up to seven nights, and surround yourself with extra measures of comfort and sophistication, subject to availability at the time of your reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required.
=================
I got em before I got my card. Was maybe 2-3 data after golf status.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
I called to check mine and was told I had the 2 free nights, not 140k I applied for. Had the rep pull up the URL (https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k) and then had him click on the * Offer Details page with me. A few lines into the first paragraph, it reads:

"You will receive 140,000 bonus points with this offer, which can be redeemed for 2 complimentary night stays at any participating Ritz-Carlton hotel."

I asked him to send it to whomever it needed to go to for the 140k points program to be applied and that if that was not their intent, they needed to go in there and make the change so there was no ambiguity. He agreed with my interpretation and said he felt certain it would be changed and promised to personally call me on Monday with the answer. I feel confident this will work out for everybody.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by senator2001
Awesome to hear you got credited already. What did you say when you called them?
We bought four $75.00 card from SWA to help in moving our daughter back to collegeprice for 'oversized luggage'.
Sending her stuff this way with a flight.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:28 am

Is it better to apply for this over the phone to make sure we're getting the right offer? Seems unlikely a web form has more than one coded offer though.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GueroDeTejas
I called to check mine and was told I had the 2 free nights, not 140k I applied for. Had the rep pull up the URL (https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k) and then had him click on the * Offer Details page with me. A few lines into the first paragraph, it reads:

"You will receive 140,000 bonus points with this offer, which can be redeemed for 2 complimentary night stays at any participating Ritz-Carlton hotel."

I asked him to send it to whomever it needed to go to for the 140k points program to be applied and that if that was not their intent, they needed to go in there and make the change so there was no ambiguity. He agreed with my interpretation and said he felt certain it would be changed and promised to personally call me on Monday with the answer. I feel confident this will work out for everybody.
People who have already applied should receive the 140k since that's how the webpage reads. If they then correct the wording, going forward then the new wording should apply. I hope this is how it all pans out!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
People who have already applied should receive the 140k since that's how the webpage reads. If they then correct the wording, going forward then the new wording should apply. I hope this is how it all pans out!
It sounded to me that they are expecting to honor the 140k for those who have already applied but are intending to make it 2 certificates in the future and removing this URL. Not sure the 140k well be available much longer - but that's just my interpretation.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
70k fee waived / 140k $395 fee (ck. Wiki for new info) The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card

Received my card the 23rd(applied the 17th) and bought two $150 AA gift cards.called in today and ask for reimbursement for "two upgrades" ,no questions asked whatsoever and took about a minute.
I did ask her to pull up my sign up promo and first she said the 1-4 2 nights certificates but than continued with the 140k.I asked if its 140k than or the certificates for what she said Its "interchangeable" (aka she had no idea lol). weird but fingers crossed
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by olgsr
Received my card the 23rd(applied the 17th) and bought two $150 AA gift cards.called in today and ask for reimbursement for "two upgrades" ,no questions asked whatsoever and took about a minute.
I did ask her to pull up my sign up promo and first she said the 1-4 2 nights certificates but than continued with the 140k.I asked if its 140k than or the certificates for what she said Its "interchangeable" (aka she had no idea lol). weird but fingers crossed
lol..wow. These people are clueless! Indeed, please keep us posted.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20
It sounded to me that they are expecting to honor the 140k for those who have already applied but are intending to make it 2 certificates in the future and removing this URL. Not sure the 140k well be available much longer - but that's just my interpretation.
Although unclear if this is true my wife pulled the trigger and just applied. Approved instantly. She got the 70k Marriott deal 3 months ago. We'll have a week of free hotels in Italy next year with free breakfasts. I think its highly unlikely they will not honor the 140k points. Its not like we were using a blind landing page. They may very well pull the link however.

Last edited by Robl; Dec 27, 2014 at 4:01 pm
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: elizabethroberts
I'm a newbie to all of this as of today. I need to purchase 1 United ticket which is about $350. I don't really travel much. Approximately stay in hotels 5 to 6 times a year without air travel. I do see the offer of the 140K after spending $3k in the first 3 months. I do not have any of those credit cards and therefore would be a newbie qualifying.
Do you think this is worth applying for if I don't fly much? Secondly, would I be able to use the 140K to purchase my airline ticket tonight? I'm traveling in 2 weeks.
Also, I don't have any memberships in airline, travel "point" systems, and I would not know how to use the 140K to get started.
Thank you for all your help.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't get the 140k pts until after you get the card and make the required spend, and then either wait for your statement to post or pay off your bill. So, no, you could not use the points tonight.

Also, these are hotel pts. You can transfer them to airline accounts but the rate isn't great. You are probably better off getting an airline card first.

This card has an annual fee that is more than the cost of your plane ticket. It makes no sense to get this card just to try to get a free flight. There are other benefits too, but you should consider whether this is the right card for you.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You don't get the 140k pts until after you get the card and make the required spend, and then either wait for your statement to post or pay off your bill. So, no, you could not use the points tonight.

Also, these are hotel pts. You can transfer them to airline accounts but the rate isn't great. You are probably better off getting an airline card first.

This card has an annual fee that is more than the cost of your plane ticket. It makes no sense to get this card just to try to get a free flight. There are other benefits too, but you should consider whether this is the right card for you.
All of this.

lol. The 140k ritz/marriott points transfers to 50k southwest points, and it only really makes sense to do so for the companion pass.

Other than that, I'd say the 140k hotel points are worth more than 50k airline miles.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsucool76
All of this.

lol. The 140k ritz/marriott points transfers to 50k southwest points, and it only really makes sense to do so for the companion pass.

Other than that, I'd say the 140k hotel points are worth more than 50k airline miles.
Agree with your hotel valuation. Especially if one does a cat 7 hotel and does the buy 4 nights/get 5th night free through Marriott redemptions. Great value there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.