Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have sort of told the same - I pressed through, and awaiting response - although I don't think anything will come of it.
ditto. just told via SM there are no 5k points but the agent specifically told me there would be points during the phone call. Don't tell me the "offer" includes 5k points if you just mean I'll get my normal spend points.. Also FYI I was told via SM that there is a start date to the offer of 7/8 days after my phone call and that was also never mentioned on the call. annoying. we will see what happens.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
So, of course no one knows, but is there any speculation of a return at any point of the 140K point offer? My wife and I are hoarding Marriott points in the long-term hope of booking a big fly and stay package, and 28K0 points would get us most of the way there.

Any informed guesses or rampant speculation is appreciated!
I think its certainly possible but far from a sure thing. Historically there were 140k offers in 2013 and 2014, with phantom links and people being matched into Q2 2015, however, I'm unable to find any record of 140k offers before that. My guess is that we may see it return late this year/early next year. If I were you, and I kind of am since I'm waiting for it to return so we can do the nights+flights option, I'd just keep holding onto my points for another year or so at which point I'll just go for the Marriott Rewards card.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
So I know the $100 hotel credit must be for a paid stay, but the Club Level upgrade certs too? No way to use those on reward nights?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by msp3
So I know the $100 hotel credit must be for a paid stay, but the Club Level upgrade certs too? No way to use those on reward nights?
Unfortunately that's correct.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Unfortunately that's correct.
I am so torn between blowing 120,000 points on two nights at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua or sucking it up and paying for two nights ($800 at least) but getting to use the upgrade certs and $100 credit.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
I am so torn between blowing 120,000 points on two nights at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua or sucking it up and paying for two nights ($800 at least) but getting to use the upgrade certs and $100 credit.
I'm not sure if you've used those certs, but club level is so worth it to me in any high category ritz. I wouldn't blow the points on a ritz without getting club level which I hear you can pay for. I probably wouldn't blow the points on a ritz anyways though since you could get much more value with points from cat 8s and 9s at popular destinations. That said I haven't felt bad spending the money on ritz with my certs since the difference in cash value of surrounding properties is well worth the value of the cert given how much I use the lounge, lol and how much I like the rooms and of course the restaurant credit.

So if I were you in terms of if its worth the money id compare it to spending the money elsewhere in the area and whether you could get better use out of it, and same thing with the points rather than comparing the points to cash.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by TReckoner
I'm not sure if you've used those certs, but club level is so worth it to me in any high category ritz.
I'll second that, club level is pretty extraordinary at the higher-end Ritz's and the $100 credit gives you an excuse to splurge and have some unique experiences you might not otherwise (and end up spending way more than $100 of course )
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'll second that, club level is pretty extraordinary at the higher-end Ritz's and the $100 credit gives you an excuse to splurge and have some unique experiences you might not otherwise (and end up spending way more than $100 of course )
Agree completely. A club level upgrade can completely eliminate food and beverage costs for your stay.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:59 pm

What exactly does reducing your CL do for you?

FYI I got AA gift cards credited but I did them all in $50 increments. Not sure if anyone has had any luck with this lately as I'm coming on on renewal. Does this still work?

Last edited by mia; Oct 8, 2015 at 6:27 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Another data point - just hit my renewal, called to ask about retention offers.

I was offered the free night certificate (Cat 1-4), and 5K points with $5K spend. I specifically asked if the 5K points were in addition the the 5K that I would normally earn, and the rep said yes.

At this point I'll just go along, and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to pull up a recording to verify if necessary.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:35 pm

Hi,

Did you ask to be transferred to the retention dept? or did you call the 800 # on the card and talked to the front rep and got this offer immediately?

Originally Posted by jameswes
Another data point - just hit my renewal,
called to ask about retention offers.

I was offered the free night certificate (Cat 1-4), and 5K points with $5K spend. I specifically asked if the 5K points were in addition the the 5K that I would normally earn, and the rep said yes.

At this point I'll just go along, and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to pull up a recording to verify if necessary.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:24 pm

I've seen a couple blogs pimp this offer as if it's new. Any idea why other than the fact they now have an affiliate link for it? I couldn't find any differences between the offer they posted vs. the one that's been around forever.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

Did you ask to be transferred to the retention dept? or did you call the 800 # on the card and talked to the front rep and got this offer immediately?
I called the 800#, said that I was considering canceling because of the high annual fee. They just looked at my "available offers" and said that if I kept the card, they could give me the 1 night Ritz certificate, plus 5K bonus points if I spent $5K in 3 months. No transferring or retentions department.

BTW - I must say that I love the JP Morgan customer support that comes with the Ritz card. This entire call, from dialing to hang-up took 3 minutes. Many other cards I'm lucky to even start talking to a human in 3 minutes.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Willbur
I've seen a couple blogs pimp this offer as if it's new. Any idea why other than the fact they now have an affiliate link for it? I couldn't find any differences between the offer they posted vs. the one that's been around forever.
The offer dropped from 2 free nights to a fixed # of points for awhile. Check this thread for more info. Nice to have the 2 night offer back. Plus spend has dropped to $3K.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 9, 2015 at 7:52 pm
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

The Cat 1-4 plus 5k pts for 5k spend has been a standard bonus for many months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.