Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
You have to use rate code z34 to get the $100 credit - not available for a corp/govt rate.
Thanks.

That was my concern, the T&C's don't include a promotional rate exclusion like the upgrade does, but I suspected that may be the case.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:25 pm

Just a data point. Got a $50 aa gift cert reimbursed no questions asked via sm.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:14 pm

Hi,
Is the lowered credit limit trick still applicable?
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Smileycj1
Just a data point. Got a $50 aa gift cert reimbursed no questions asked via sm.
Hi,

Was this a gift card or e-gift card?

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the likelyhood of either being approved through Chase SM?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:48 am

If you cancel a Ritz Tier 1-4 certificate will it go back into your account as points or a certificate? Would love to convert these certificates into points if possible and the reservation confirmation notes that cost in points that would be deducted even though it was booked with an Ritz e-certificate
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by longleaf
If you cancel a Ritz Tier 1-4 certificate will it go back into your account as points or a certificate? Would love to convert these certificates into points if possible and the reservation confirmation notes that cost in points that would be deducted even though it was booked with an Ritz e-certificate
Cert of course
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, AAdvantage
Hopefully posting this under the right place this time. The card offers Marriott gold status for the first card account year. Considering the Marriott rewards buyback program in February, when is the best time to apply for the card to get the most time out of the gold status?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by AnxiousTraveler52
Hopefully posting this under the right place this time. The card offers Marriott gold status for the first card account year. Considering the Marriott rewards buyback program in February, when is the best time to apply for the card to get the most time out of the gold status?

The gold status with this card is a bit of a misunderstood animal. The terms and conditions are a little ...-backwards. According to the terms, it's good for 12 billing cycles from when you open it. Then spend 10k each year to keep it. So if you open today, your status is good for 12 months till now, and then you would spend 10k during those 12 months, and it would be good till december 31 of the following year.

How it works is different though. Some people get 18 months out of the first year gold status. It's weird. If you plan on keeping the card it will give you gold status forever as long as you spend 10k+ every year.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by jsucool76
The gold status with this card is a bit of a misunderstood animal. The terms and conditions are a little ...-backwards. According to the terms, it's good for 12 billing cycles from when you open it. Then spend 10k each year to keep it. So if you open today, your status is good for 12 months till now, and then you would spend 10k during those 12 months, and it would be good till december 31 of the following year.

How it works is different though. Some people get 18 months out of the first year gold status. It's weird. If you plan on keeping the card it will give you gold status forever as long as you spend 10k+ every year.

The $395/year fee is a bit high so not sure how long I will keep it. No idea how much money I spend per year either. $10k is about 1/3rd of my pay per year after taxes. =/
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:47 pm

The $395/year fee is a bit high so not sure how long I will keep it. No idea how much money I spend per year either. $10k is about 1/3rd of my pay per year after taxes. =/
You can use the $300 in travel credits to offset the AF.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
You can use the $300 in travel credits to offset the AF.
How do you use the travel credits?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:42 pm

How do you use the travel credits?
Send Chase a secure message.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/what-t...travel-credit/
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Be really careful about the buyback program. In particular, if you spend 25K points to buy back Gold, those points will be deducted from your lifetime points earnings (if you're trying to hit lifetime gold at some point).

It may be worthwhile in your case to either spend the $10K or manufacture the 10K spend if you really want to stay gold. 25K points is quite a bit for what gold status is.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Be really careful about the buyback program. In particular, if you spend 25K points to buy back Gold, those points will be deducted from your lifetime points earnings (if you're trying to hit lifetime gold at some point).

It may be worthwhile in your case to either spend the $10K or manufacture the 10K spend if you really want to stay gold. 25K points is quite a bit for what gold status is.
I disagree with that. You can achieve significant value from Gold if you stay at a few Marriott properties per year.

Last edited by sig05; Oct 27, 2015 at 8:47 am
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
As a data point, I was recently denied travel credit against a United flight change fee on the Ritz Carlton credit card.
The request was made via secure message. In their reply, they included a list of fees covered and not covered. Airline flight change fee is not mentioned in either category so it seems it's left to their discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.