Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nervous about high Ultimate Rewards balance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nervous about high Ultimate Rewards balance?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by kanman75
can't sign on to my chase account for some reason, stating that my username and password are inactive. this also happened to my wife's account. the number they say to dial is busy so i'm hoping this is just a glitch and not something worse...anyone having this experience?
Glad to see I'm not the only one. If lots of people are experiencing this, must be a glitch.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skydog71
Glad to see I'm not the only one. If lots of people are experiencing this, must be a glitch.
Hmm, or maybe they've found a way to close all FTers accounts
Old May 3, 2012, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
i love UR points that are converted to UA miles. It's a good way to get a semi-refundable ticket minus the redeposit fees if you needed to cancel.
Webazoid, can you explain this to me in a little more detail? thank you.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:37 pm

Oh btw let me also add that I am unable to log into my chase account.

Your User ID and Password are inactive. To reactivate your online access, please call Customer Service at 1-877-242-7372. If you live outside the U.S., please contact Customer Service at 1-713-262-3300.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
looks like its now
Unable to Complete Transaction

We were unable to process your request. Unknown Error (11315)
when trying to log in
Old May 3, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Chase Website Down

When I go to the Chase page, I get a page that says website is down and gives phone numbers to call for various issues, so this is an universal outage, not aimed for specific users.

Originally Posted by ianturner
looks like its now

when trying to log in
Old May 3, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Talking The gig is up!

Grab your passport, prized possessions, cash in your points, and flee as quickly as possible!
Old May 3, 2012, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Grab your passport, prized possessions, cash in your points, and flee as quickly as possible!

Lol....

I think people are over reacting here about this. I think you are ok if you are not trying to cycle money or sell your points.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo

if i'm not mistaken, when u buy a coach ticket on orbitz/priceline/travelocity/etc, it's non refundable if u can't make it.

on the other hand, if it's through AA or UA with frequent flier miles, if u cancel, and pay a fee, (i think it's $150), you'll get your miles refunded to you.

anyone like to comment?
Old May 4, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I know most of you see UA and Hyatt as the best value to transfer UR points into.

My issue is that I have plenty of UA miles and I rarely use Hyatt,as they are generally not convenient to my locations.

Has anyone found other redemption options to be almost as valuable?
Old May 4, 2012, 11:10 am

I also get a site down msg when I try
Old May 4, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I know most of you see UA and Hyatt as the best value to transfer UR points into.

My issue is that I have plenty of UA miles and I rarely use Hyatt,as they are generally not convenient to my locations.

Southwest!
Old May 4, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt

I found that redeeming them for Amazon GCs that later got me my Android Tablet was a good value. But that's just me. I didn't need more UA miles.
Old May 5, 2012, 9:38 pm

Amtrak can be a great value.
Also, for very specific uses, transfers to BA can be very valuable (although you're better off transferring from MR points to get the 50 pct bonus)
Old May 6, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
What he means is that if he buys a nonrefundable ticket for cash, he's out the money (or at the very least must reschedule within a year) if he doesn't take the trip. If he books the seat with miles, he can redeposit the miles for a fee. No trick here, just one factor in the cash v miles calculation that some don't take into account. If you're only probable to make a trip, but want to make sure you'll be holding seats in case you do, booking with miles is better than booking with cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.