Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Bold or Plus first?

I might be applying for one of the Ink cards this week, should the minimum spend drop to $5K.

Over the next few years I'd like to get both the bold and the plus to maximize signup bonuses, but my question is which would you recommend going with first?

I read somewhere that someone first got the Bold, and then when applying for the Plus and speaking to the business reconsideration line was able to say they wanted the flexibility of carrying a balance on the credit card, vs. the charge card as a reason for needing a second Ink card.

Does this make sense to you guys, and would you say it's a good reason to apply for the Bold before applying for the plus?

Is there any reason you could think one might need the bold if they already had the plus?

Thanks,
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:20 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I think this makes sense. While it *shouldn't* matter either way, if I'm on the phone with reconsideration, simply stating "I'd like the additional flexibility" sounds pretty solid for otherwise identical cards.

Originally Posted by CBS9000
I read somewhere that someone first got the Bold, and then when applying for the Plus and speaking to the business reconsideration line was able to say they wanted the flexibility of carrying a balance on the credit card, vs. the charge card as a reason for needing a second Ink card.

Does this make sense to you guys, and would you say it's a good reason to apply for the Bold before applying for the plus?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CBS9000
Over the next few years I'd like to get both the bold and the plus to maximize signup bonuses, but my question is which would you recommend going with first?
I had a similar question, but instead of waiting a few years, I'd like to apply for the Plus a couple of days or weeks after the Bold. Sorry, if this has already been asked, but is that not something I would be able to do and get bonuses on both? Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:30 am

Just got my IB in the mail yesterday and already put $1,400 spend at 1X on the card.

I've read the thread and people have mentioned there's no way to add this card to a Personal profile, only to a Business profile. If I were to create the Business profile and add all my Personal checking and CC accounts will I still lose the ability to push/pull ACH to my Personal checking account?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:45 am

quick question, i am about to put $20,000 in a dinner conference on my ink bold, does it earn 2x or just 1? in the T and Cs it says 2x on hotel accomodation. So since i am paying dinner and conference fees will it count also for 2x? thanks
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Just got my IB in the mail yesterday and already put $1,400 spend at 1X on the card.

I've read the thread and people have mentioned there's no way to add this card to a Personal profile, only to a Business profile. If I were to create the Business profile and add all my Personal checking and CC accounts will I still lose the ability to push/pull ACH to my Personal checking account?
call up chase. they will create a new login for you that will be the business login. u can then have close the personal login. your business login will include both personal and biz accounts, as well as your banking accounts. you can make payments from banking accounts to credit cards w/o any problems.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
call up chase. they will create a new login for you that will be the business login. u can then have close the personal login. your business login will include both personal and biz accounts, as well as your banking accounts. you can make payments from banking accounts to credit cards w/o any problems.
I've already created my Business login but I've just left it with the IB for now. Others had reported not being able to ACH push/pull to other bank accounts once you add the personal checking account to the business login. I use ACH transfers all the time so I need this functionality.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:08 am

I've already created my Business login but I've just left it with the IB for now. Others had reported not being able to ACH push/pull to other bank accounts once you add the personal checking account to the business login. I use ACH transfers all the time so I need this functionality.
I have my business and personal accounts combined into one log-in and have had no problem with ACH transfers
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
I have my business and personal accounts combined into one log-in and have had no problem with ACH transfers
All is Ok with ACH and your Personal checking on the business login?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:57 pm

All is Ok with ACH and your Personal checking on the business login?
Yes
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
Yes
Great, thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:26 pm

Read somewhere that some features are lost by merging the accounts. I think for most folks ACH working should be good enough. I think QuickPay and BillPay are also equally important for some. Wondering if it is possible to list out which features are lost by the merge.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Read somewhere that some features are lost by merging the accounts. I think for most folks ACH working should be good enough. I think QuickPay and BillPay are also equally important for some. Wondering if it is possible to list out which features are lost by the merge.
I'd also like to know what is lost in the merger.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I currently have the ink and freedom accounts separately showing on personal/business pages. When trying to combine the points in the ink UR page, the drop down doesn't show my freedom card and vice versa.

It gives the option to enter another UR card number to transfer to. Is this the correct method? I was assuming the freedom card would show up in the drop down, but it doesn't.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:17 pm

When do the bonus points typical posted?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.