Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:34 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by MASTERPC
Found it here and is also in my welcome kit:

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...travel-new.htm

As stated before, that page is OLD OLD OLD! It even lists the old Presidential card. I cannot trust it; you can't even apply through it!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Do you have a link? There's nothing about that mentioned on the Chase website.
IIRC, it's /never/ been mentioned on the Chase website.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by MASTERPC
Found it here and is also in my welcome kit:

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...travel-new.htm
You can't apply through that link, though. How long have you had your card?

Originally Posted by nall
IIRC, it's /never/ been mentioned on the Chase website.
It was, but that disappeared a while ago (can't remember exactly when).

Last edited by LETTERBOY; Jan 26, 2015 at 6:34 pm Reason: add quote & response
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA MP Club (no status)
I can put everyone's mind at ease. The welcome kit arrived today (wow, that was fast.) I confirm that it gives you Platinum level of Hyatt's Gold Passport, as well as the President's Circle membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by februaryfour
I can put everyone's mind at ease. The welcome kit arrived today (wow, that was fast.) I confirm that it gives you Platinum level of Hyatt's Gold Passport, as well as the President's Circle membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program.
^

Excellent. Thank you!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:17 pm

Hmmm did they get rid of Avis Preferred (aka Avis First)?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Hmmm did they get rid of Avis Preferred (aka Avis First)?
I don't see any mention of Avis in the material I have, so I guess so!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA-Gold; Avis-First; Hertz-PC;Marriott-Plat;
The partnership is with Hertz now as of 1/1/15.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:46 pm

How do you enroll in the President's Circle membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program if you already have this card? I've had it for a few years now.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by zeusmt
How do you enroll in the President's Circle membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program if you already have this card? I've had it for a few years now.
http://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Clicked on the https://www.theexplorercard.com/ClubAFW link - asked me to enter my united info and got the $0 1st year offer.
Took less than 5 minutes to apply and got instant approval.

Feb4, how long did it take for your card/kit to arrive after you applied.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:55 am

I got mine in about a week. It'll be like a heavy book so be ready for that. A+ for presentation.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by davidord
Clicked on the https://www.theexplorercard.com/ClubAFW link - asked me to enter my united info and got the $0 1st year offer.
Took less than 5 minutes to apply and got instant approval.

Feb4, how long did it take for your card/kit to arrive after you applied.
Applied the 24th (just before the post, on a Friday), received the 27th (Monday). I'm going on a trip next month and wanted to have the card earlier rather than later, so I sent a message to Chase after I applied to ask them to expedite the delivery. (I already had the MileagePlus Explorer.) I agree with MASTERPC, A+ for presentation.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
Applied the 24th (just before the post, on a Friday), received the 27th (Monday). I'm going on a trip next month and wanted to have the card earlier rather than later, so I sent a message to Chase after I applied to ask them to expedite the delivery. (I already had the MileagePlus Explorer.) I agree with MASTERPC, A+ for presentation.
Nice - can't wait for it to arrive.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
For the benefit of this card, do you know if I book award travel using miles, and pay the taxes and fees using this card, will get the second luggagge check for free?
Do you know of any trick to get the changing fee waived? My status expire today totally forgot about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.