Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by RelaxPreppy
I just said after I applied for the 30k bonus that I saw the 50k bonus and I would like for them to match the offer. They said they would.
Oh, OK! thanks a lot.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpitlhr
Apologies if this asked before but

when do the bonus 50k miles actually post?

Mrs lhrpitlhr got the 50k offer, and we spent the required $2k during 1st billing cycle.

The 1miles:$1 posted, along with 5k miles for me being a 2nd cardholder, but nothing else.

Plan is to cancel the card as soon as 50k miles post, then wait for another offer to roll around.....
On a card my wife got and also on one a friend got the 5 k posted on the 1st statement and the 50k on the second statement, even though the spend was met by the 1st statement date. Aggravating
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:38 pm

Could anyone send me a SM of screenshot of the 50k+5k+50statement applying page? I really appreciate your great help. Thank you.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by mileshound
On a card my wife got and also on one a friend got the 5 k posted on the 1st statement and the 50k on the second statement, even though the spend was met by the 1st statement date. Aggravating

Thank - guess I will wait out another billing cycle....
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
I just got my signup bonus, showed up in my MP account:

Chase Explorer Enrollment Bonus 55,000

Strange, I didn't add my second card yet, and I got 55k. Not complaining, of course! I guess I should add the second card, and see what happens.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:44 pm

Could anyone upload a screenshot of the 55k+$50? That will be very useful. Thank you.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by wh6cto
Strange, I didn't add my second card yet, and I got 55k. Not complaining, of course! I guess I should add the second card, and see what happens.
Please update if you get another 5k for that. I will be signing my s.o. up for this card soon.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:05 pm

Make sure to call in and verify the bonus offer. I thought I was squared away with the 50k offer, but when I called in for another issue I happened to ask and they told me I had met the spend for my offer, which was 30k points for $1000 spend. I asked to be bumped to the 50k bonus and they granted, but with no $50 statement credit. Just cover your bases.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:08 pm

Time for United MileagePlus Explorer sign up bonus miles to post?

Does anyone have experience with this card? I am wondering how long after hitting the minimum spend it takes for the MileagePlus miles to post to your account?

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by silencecloak
I am wondering how long after hitting the minimum spend it takes for the MileagePlus miles to post to your account?
Welcome to FT! Your question has been merged with an existing thread on the topic. In the future, please search for an appropriate thread or use the thread index in the Credit Card Programs forum.

Miles generally post after the statement closes when you've met spend, unless your purchases post close to the statement close date, then the bonus posts after the second statement.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by lhrpitlhr
Apologies if this asked before but

when do the bonus 50k miles actually post?

Mrs lhrpitlhr got the 50k offer, and we spent the required $2k during 1st billing cycle.

The 1miles:$1 posted, along with 5k miles for me being a 2nd cardholder, but nothing else.

Plan is to cancel the card as soon as 50k miles post, then wait for another offer to roll around.....
You may want to rethink that plan. Chase has been known to claw back signup bonuses on cards closed less than 6 months after opening.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have a screenshot of the 50,000 point signup bonus that they would care to share? It would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by djmont; Feb 27, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:34 pm

I signed up for the UA MileagePlus Explorer Card back in November with the 30k offer. Sadly I didn't notice that there was a 50k offer that was also available. I did end up spending 2k dollars within 3months and was wondering if it would be too late to send a secure message to get the 50k offer.

Does anyone have a sample secure message that has worked for them to bump the offer to 50k?

Thanks in advance! This is my first time actually posting here.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by opaque
I signed up for the UA MileagePlus Explorer Card back in November with the 30k offer. Sadly I didn't notice that there was a 50k offer that was also available. I did end up spending 2k dollars within 3months and was wondering if it would be too late to send a secure message to get the 50k offer.

Does anyone have a sample secure message that has worked for them to bump the offer to 50k?

Thanks in advance! This is my first time actually posting here.
They will only go back 3 months from the date of approval. You could always try. Just tell them you saw a better offer for the 50k and $50 statement credit and ask them to match it.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:20 pm

I applied for the UA MileagePlus Explorer first week of January when the 50K offer was still live. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it at the time and just signed up under the regular 30K. This evening I called the chase number on the back of my card and spoke to a representative.

I told her that I was calling because my bonus miles had just posted a few days ago (true); however, the amount deposited into my account was a lot less than I was expecting. I told her I had signed up through a 50K offer with another 5K for adding an authorized user and that thankfully I had taken a screen shot of the offer at the time (not true - but I wanted her to think it was). She told me these things happen and that the 50K offer was only extended to a select group of customers that qualified based upon their united mileage plus account number. She said she was going to file a report and send it over to United Marketing department - she checked to make sure I had spent the $2k so that I would qualify for the bonus from a spending perspective. I was then told to expect a letter from United in 7 - 14 days. That United would be able to lookup my mileageplus ID and determine if it was one that qualified for the 50K bonus. If so, then they would deposit the miles in my account. If not, then the letter would state I didn't qualify. I tried to sell the fact I had a screen shot of the offer I applied through and that my decision to apply was based upon the bonus I saw; however, she said that didn't matter. I offered to send the screen shot but she mentioned that wouldn't influence the ultimate decision and to just wait for the letter.

I tried but I'm not very hopeful of receiving the 55K bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.