Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:51 am

My wife and I each signed up for this card. We could only get the 30,000 mile offer to appear on the web. But after we got our cards we sent a secure message to Chase to request the 50,000 mile bonus.

My wife already had a mileage plus account for several years and she was offered 50,000 miles after an initial $1000 spend. I have a brand new mileage plus account and I also got the 50,000 mile bonus offer, but my initial spend is $2000 in three months.

We'll add each other as authorized users for the extra 5000 miles each.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by hightide
I completed my min spend before the first statement closing date & received my UA points on the closing date.
I met the minimum spend before the first statement closed (approved 1/17/14, statement closed 2/3/14). The 5k bonus for the authorized user shows on the statement, but not the 50k bonus for opening the card.

Guess its time for an SM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aw82
I met the minimum spend before the first statement closed (approved 1/17/14, statement closed 2/3/14).
If you met that spend within 7-10 days of that close date, the bonus won't post until the second statement. Pretty frequent issue with Chase. Regular points post but not spend-related bonus.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
If you met that spend within 7-10 days of that close date, the bonus won't post until the second statement. Pretty frequent issue with Chase. Regular points post but not spend-related bonus.
So like I said I applied on 1/17. My card was linked with my MileagePlus account so a few days later (1/21) I made a UA purchase without having received my card yet. I received the $50 statement credit on 1/25. Then I made another purchase on 1/30, passing the minimum spend threshold. On 2/3 I paid my balance in full attempting to trigger a statement closing (which happened) expecting all my bonus miles to post with the statement (which didn't happen).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Then I made another purchase on 1/30, passing the minimum spend threshold. On 2/3 I paid my balance in full attempting to trigger a statement closing (which happened) expecting all my bonus miles to post with the statement (which didn't happen).
1/30 is 4 days from 2/3, so the most likely explanation is your purchase posted too close to the statement date to trigger the signup bonus.

You can call if you want but it would usually post on its own after the second statement, in a case like this.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
1/30 is 4 days from 2/3, so the most likely explanation is your purchase posted too close to the statement date to trigger the signup bonus.

You can call if you want but it would usually post on its own after the second statement, in a case like this.
Right, I was posting my timeline to point out to people that paying your balance in full WILL trigger your first statement to close and that you SHOULD wait to do this until 7-10 days after meeting your minimum spend in order to get the bonus as soon as possible.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by msk6261
Does anyone have an offer code that would have been "live" in Dec.??

I used the 50,000 bonus point click through to apply for 2 cards in Dec to get ready to satisfy the PQD requirements for 2014. One for me and one for my SO. We both have the same status (exact same miles earned for 2013) and the same credit score. I used the link in each of our accounts within 15 minutes of each other. We were approved immediately and the cards arrived promptly.

Now that we both have satisfied the initial spend required to get the bonus, I see that one account earned the 50000 mp miles and the other earned only the 30000.

I called Chase to figure out what went wrong and they said they could help me if I had the "offer code" I used. I said I used a click through and whatever code should have been automatically entered.

They said they would research and let me know but that it would be really helpful if I had an offer code.

Anyone???
Update: My request was granted and I am told that an additional 20,000 point bonus will appear on the next statement of the card that only received 30000.

No offer code required but I did find one on a 50000 point flyer that arrived in the mail addressed to me (meaning I did actually qualify for the target).
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:24 am

In the mail yesterday my wife and I each received targeted offers for 50k bonus / $2000 spend. We only created MileagePlus accounts a month or so ago and she currently has no miles in hers.

Just FYI that there is another way to get 50k other than going into a branch or using the link in the wiki.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:11 pm

I know that one can apply and SM to get the bonus, but I just wanted to point out again that it seems like the information in the wiki no longer works. Has anyone gotten it to work in the last few days? Every time it says "Page not found" when following the instructions. Has there been a technical fix to the site that prevents this previous method from working?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:50 am

Not sure, but one thing the wiki fails to mention is that it appears you have to have some "fresh" miles in your UA account prior to attempting the application. I signed up for the Opinion Miles survey to add 300 miles prior to attempting and was successful.
Just tried this, but still can't get it to show anything but the 30k mile offer. Not sure what the problem is.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: CO Gold
Apologies if this asked before but

when do the bonus 50k miles actually post?

Mrs lhrpitlhr got the 50k offer, and we spent the required $2k during 1st billing cycle.

The 1miles:$1 posted, along with 5k miles for me being a 2nd cardholder, but nothing else.

Plan is to cancel the card as soon as 50k miles post, then wait for another offer to roll around.....
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by colovelo
My wife and I each signed up for this card. We could only get the 30,000 mile offer to appear on the web. But after we got our cards we sent a secure message to Chase to request the 50,000 mile bonus.

My wife already had a mileage plus account for several years and she was offered 50,000 miles after an initial $1000 spend. I have a brand new mileage plus account and I also got the 50,000 mile bonus offer, but my initial spend is $2000 in three months.

We'll add each other as authorized users for the extra 5000 miles each.
Did you provide any link or screen shot for the 50K offer in the secure message? If yes, could you please provide the link/screen shot?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:57 pm

I was approved for the Explorer card on 2/6 and received the card on 2/10. When will I get my 2 Club passes?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:29 pm

The club passes will come in about 3-4 weeks in a big thick envelope from United, with brochures on the benefits and stuff.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Wingsoffire
Did you provide any link or screen shot for the 50K offer in the secure message? If yes, could you please provide the link/screen shot?
I just said after I applied for the 30k bonus that I saw the 50k bonus and I would like for them to match the offer. They said they would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.