Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by trust0me
just applied for it using #1654. still no landing page but hopefully I will get confirmed 55K when I activate it. my fingers and toes are all crossed!
Thanks for sharing -- approved after a quick phone call to the reconsideration line. Verified the 50+5k offer signup promotion during the same call
Old May 16, 2013, 12:23 pm

Guys - Assuming getting 55k miles is somewhat doable, I'm wondering if there is any way to quickly get to 60k miles for an asia Y award without doing $5k in additional spend. I see it's 1 mile per dollar. Any ideas?
Old May 16, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - Assuming getting 55k miles is somewhat doable, I'm wondering if there is any way to quickly get to 60k miles for an asia Y award without doing $5k in additional spend. I see it's 1 mile per dollar. Any ideas?
Look at Ual.com for their partners, both airline and others.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by 9Benua
My annual fee is coming up soon. Thinking of getting CSP & close this card instead. Does anyone having problem closing this card before the 1 year anniversary?
Shouldn't be any problem/s with closing it after 9 months (i.e. 9 billing cycles) or more. I've done that with this card (and others) after 9 months with no issues. Sometimes they might try to "scare" you into keeping it open by trying to make you think they will pull back the miles but, after 9 months, they can't .... they can only cancel the miles that haven't been posted yet to your United account.

So, just make sure everything has posted into your United account and, if possible/practical that the credit card account balance is 0 when you close it.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
If you have access to Vanilla Reload and Bluebird, then you can easily "spend" 5k and immediately pay off the card. That would be the quickest way.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Hi guys, will the link 1654 work without having no miles on united account? I'm trying to help my cousin getting this offer. If not, can she apply directly on the branch for the 55k miles promo without having any miles on the account?
Old May 17, 2013, 11:49 am

Can someone just update the link and information on first post ? Please ~~
Old May 17, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Hi guys, will the link 1654 work without having no miles on united account? I'm trying to help my cousin getting this offer. If not, can she apply directly on the branch for the 55k miles promo without having any miles on the account?
Yes I have done it for two friends and confirmed the promo does work without having to get miles in the account. As long as you follow it properly it works!
Old May 20, 2013, 2:41 pm

Not working today
Old May 21, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ThriftyTourist
Has anyone had any issues getting the United MileagePlus Explorer Perks when using a gift card for partial payment and the Explorer card for the remainder? I used a $50 GC and paid the remaining $500+ on the Explorer card and wasn't offered zone 2 boarding or free luggage on that flight.
I just figured out what the issue was. The GC was not the issue. I was using my KrisFlyer number in my reservation to earn points and the Explorer Card T&C state that I must use my MileagePlus number to get priority boarding and free luggage perks. Just FYI, my wife was traveling on the same reservation and she still used her KrisFlyer number and also got free luggage, so only the card holder needs to use his mileageplus number. I thought the trigger to get the perks was based on the use of the credit card alone, but it is credit card and mileageplus membership number.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by wyogold
Applied for a card for the wife last week (with a duplicate card for me) after transferring 1000 K miles into her account using ultimate rewards, she got it this week.

Used the link in post 1654. Called to activate and rep confirmed 55K miles.

Link is still active and functional as of last week.
Can you give us details on when you opened the duplicate card, and whether or not it is still open? How many other Chase accounts do you have? thx
Old May 21, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Can you give us details on when you opened the duplicate card, and whether or not it is still open? How many other Chase accounts do you have? thx
"Duplicate" should read authorized user.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:19 am
inY

Just got an e-mail. No foreign transaction fee effective June 1 on United MileagePlus Explorer.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by inY
Just got an e-mail. No foreign transaction fee effective June 1 on United MileagePlus Explorer.
Great news! I just saw the ad saying that on FT but was not sure if the benefit would apply to the current holders.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have a United flight in July... Hopefully after that I will get the 60K offer, and I may take the bait on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.