Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
With a quick search of a few sites, all I see are references to a 30k business card, nothing about a 50k offer for that card, but I didn't dig too deep.
thanks anyway. may have to stop by chase branch and inquire
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rxy111psu
I called again yesterday and this time a CSR told me no need to go in to a branch with two forms of ID. I just needed to answer bunch of security questions, and they will overnight the card to me. So I did it.

This morning when I called, first CSR told me the card was sent, but via regular mail. Then second CSR said no card was sent because I didn't go in to a branch with two forms of ID. If I don't do that, they will close my account. Now you know how frustrated I was, and I'm actually a JPM stock holder, both common and preferred shares.

I gave in and went to a branch, put the same exact CSR on the phone and she demanded the branch to fax in my ID, but the CSR's fax never worked (it keeps ringing but no answers). The branch manager argued a few minutes with the CSR and she finally said they will overnight the card to me. (I was like, what's the big deal.) We'll see. I'm not holding my breath...
don't worry if it is via regular mail. CHASE & CITI mails out cards real fast. but BOA takes for ever if it is via regular mail. mine took over a month.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
trying for business card and all I get is the 30k offer. suggestions???
Can only recall seeing a reference to a 50k biz card one time from a single poster who was targeted for it. Never heard of anyone actually getting it.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
With a quick search of a few sites, all I see are references to a 30k business card, nothing about a 50k offer for that card, but I didn't dig too deep.
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Can only recall seeing a reference to a 50k biz card one time from a single poster who was targeted for it. Never heard of anyone actually getting it.
The trick doesn't work for the business card.

I can say one thing for sure that the 50K+10K offer for the business card indeed exists, I got the offer TWICE in the last one month.
And no, I won't share the info.

If you input a very obvious/straightforward web address( hint: no "UA Mileage"), you will be fowarded to the application web that requires to input PERSONAL invitation code.

The reason I won't share the info is when I did input my invitation code, my personal info was already populated on the application page, so they are truly target offer.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA G, Eurobonus S, Marco Polo, AmtrakSelect+
65K Miles Bonus on Mileage Plus Explorer card sent to me via Email

http://dcfrequentflyer.com/image/43096471237

This was sent to me (new card holder) seems like a new offer but I cant be sure.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I tried searching, but ...

I got the UA Club card in May 2012. It is up for annual fee in a couple of months and I am not going to renew. I want to apply for the explorer card now that I figured out how to get the 55k offer to appear, but the T&Cs have me concerned:

This bonus offer is valid only for first-time United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Bonus miles do not count towards Premier® status.
Technically they are different products and I never received UA miles, but I would rather have some evidence that people have had both products.

My other question is .. do I cancel the Club card before applying, or does it even matter?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by kevinlenane

http://dcfrequentflyer.com/image/43096471237

This was sent to me (new card holder) seems like a new offer but I cant be sure.
You posted this in the US Airline card thread by mistake so I moved it over here. As you can see this is a current offer for most folks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
No need to cancel the Club card. Apply & if you have to call the recon. line you can offer to have it closed then. Bargaining chip, ya?

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I tried searching, but ...

I got the UA Club card in May 2012. It is up for annual fee in a couple of months and I am not going to renew. I want to apply for the explorer card now that I figured out how to get the 55k offer to appear, but the T&Cs have me concerned:

Technically they are different products and I never received UA miles, but I would rather have some evidence that people have had both products.

My other question is .. do I cancel the Club card before applying, or does it even matter?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:49 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
how do you get the 55k offer to eapper
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:05 pm
umc

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
how do you get the 55k offer to eapper
Fresh miles and change the URL for the 35k offer. Replace "30" with "50" in the URL.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by philemer
No need to cancel the Club card. Apply & if you have to call the recon. line you can offer to have it closed then. Bargaining chip, ya?
Well, I bit the bullet

Problem with chase is that they will give me the card but not the bonus.

They don't auto deny you like CITI

Edit: called recon got approved for $13.5k, tried to confirm bonus, lady said that is I've never gotten miles I should get them. Will reconfirm after I get the card.

FYI: I was able to pull the 50k offer AND the club card first year free.

I cleared cache & cookies
Logged into UA
Clicked on mileage plus earning
Clicked on credit card
Clicked on explorer
Sometimes it takes you to the chase info site, sometimes it directs you to the 30k offer
Once there I changed 30k to 50k

If you click club card once the 50k shows, it will be first year free

Last edited by stupidzbu; Feb 14, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Any link to the business card version?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Any link to the business card version?
There are no sign on bonuses for the biz card.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:19 pm
Suspended

There are no sign on bonuses for the biz card.
Not true.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CXtoQF
Not true.
Really? I've never seen one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.