Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AA
Approved for the 50k offer. The changing of the link trick only worked for me once fresh miles posted. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
My card also took about 10 days to arrive, which was on 01/21/13 and I met the spending requirement which cleared on 01/25 with a statement date of 01/27. No bonus miles have posted to my account yet, but, the $50 statement credit was posted on 01/30. I hope this adds to the discussion and is helpful.
I would call, my statement closed the 6th of Febru-any (I mean February, damn Subway commercials!) and my bonus 50k just posted this morning, along with my spend miles.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by rxy111psu
I'm interested to know how long it takes for the bonus 50K miles to show up in your mileage plus account after the minimum spending requirement.

My plan is to apply the Mileage Plus Explorer card on 2/10, and hope to received the card by 2/17. Change the statement date to 2/24 by calling Chase, and spend $1000 by 2/20. Will the bonus 50K points show up right after my first statement on 2/24? I would like to use those for a ticket purchase during the last week of February. I know it's a rush. Sorry.

I did a quick search in the forum and one person said after the first statement. I'm trying to get a few more data points without reading through ~1500 posts.

Thanks!
Thanks everyone for all the good tips! I applied and was approved. What's the Chase phone number to call for over night the card shipment?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Thanks everyone for all the good tips! I applied and was approved. What's the Chase phone number to call for over night the card shipment?
If you have a CSP you can call them, that's what I did.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
If you have a CSP you can call them, that's what I did.
Thanks. I called and the representative told me because this is a new account application, there's no way to expedite the process. Have to wait 5-7 business days for receiving the card in the mail. Urrr.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:33 pm
umc

Thanks. I called and the representative told me because this is a new account application, there's no way to expedite the process. Have to wait 5-7 business days for receiving the card in the mail. Urrr.
CSR are very inconsistent. I applied for this card and it was expedited to overnight shipping.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA/DL/UA, SPG/HH
When skimming through some security settings of a copy of Firefox that I don't use for most of my browsing (but was used for applying for card offers in the past), I was surprised to see a special certificate stored for one of the pages used to access Chase United credit card offers. Unless I'm deliberately doing something like applying for a credit card offer, I typically use a variety of ad-blocking, privacy-enhancing, and security-enhancing browser extensions.

I initially deleted the certificate without a second thought (assuming it was added separately because of my non-standard security certificate settings), but it recently occurred to me that secure authentication to view a credit card offer or application using a locally-stored certificate also could also serve as another way to prevent people from churning, and/or tracking user activities when used with other strategies for collecting personal information from users while the security certificate is in use.

While I certainly can't say for sure (far from it, in fact), I wanted to mention the possibility that blocking/clearing cookies, LSOs, DOM applications, and scripts as recommended here may not be adequate for ensuring that you're shown a "clean" offer for Chase United cards. But since I don't have "normal" browser settings, it may have just been a fluke.

So to potentially validate or add to this observation (especially for people who have used "normal" browser configurations to apply for offers and have difficult getting offers to show after following the instructions provided in this thread and elsewhere), has anyone else noticed special certificates in their browsers for www.theexplorercard.com?

In Firefox, for example, this can be checked by going to Preferences, then Advanced, then Encryption, then View Certificates, then checking the leftmost Your Certificates.

To repeat, this could totally just be a fluke unique to my non-standard browser configuration, but I'm curious if anyone else finds something similar...

Last edited by mrp20; Feb 10, 2013 at 1:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
brilliant - still works... follow all the steps

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Try this.I guess it still works for anyone has "fresh" miles.

• Close any UA/Chase webs and open google.com or anything other than UA/Chase
  • Clear all web histories/cokies
  • Login UA.com and input a dummy itin
  • Click "30k offer(located upper left)" on the flights selection page
  • Forwarded to 30K offer page.
  • Click "MilegePlus Explorer Card' tab at upper left on the page
  • 30k offer turns into 50k+5k offer( no $50K for me).
  • YMMV
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by umc
CSR are very inconsistent. I applied for this card and it was expedited to overnight shipping.
I've never had Chase refused to expedite a card, I usually just tell them that I'm going on a trip and would like it to help meet my spending, or one time they just offered when I asked about the timetable to receive it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; SPG Gold; HH Gold; Marriott Gold
At this point, the offer appears dead. The recommendations posted from many pages back are no longer working.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by jfer25
At this point, the offer appears dead. The recommendations posted from many pages back are no longer working.
Offer is very much not dead. I am able to pull it up without a problem (when logged in to someone else's account.)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:18 pm

In terms of the total no. of miles (not considering min spend), is 50k+5k miles a good deal, based on the historical deals in the past?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:03 am

Logged into wife's account in private mode in safari and saw the 50k offer in the bottom right hand corner. 5k for authorized user, but will need to call Chase to get approved via recon. Not bad and should get her to about 100k, transfer another 20k to each of our accounts and we'll have enough for 2 J tickets anywhere in the world with a nice stopover on a beach somewhere :P
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by freeloader
brilliant - still works... follow all the steps
Worked exactly for me too.

Got my CSP annual bonus points yesterday. Transferred them to my United account this morning. Followed the above directions, got to the 50K offer and was instantly approved.

Cha-ching!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Call again or wait for the mail???

I see this offer when I log in to my account, however, my application is still pending.

Last edited by happy9zz; Feb 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.