Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
It has nothing to do with the due date... it's when the statement closes that determines it.
If you try to move up the statement close, sometimes that backfires and they cut the first statement on the SECOND month - instead of closing in 1 week, it closes in 5...

Search this thread for "points posted" including the quotation marks to see personal experiences.
This is true.. I received an email saying my statement was ready then I paid it off.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by chris1gill
No, just click on the second link in the original post, that is the 80K point offer. Some of us made the mistake of not checking here first and applying for the 60K, now we're trying to get the 80.
Hey there, I just wanted to make sure I click the correct link. I see 4 total links on the first post. They are..

"80K Offer"

"Application Page"

and then further down the post there are two more links...

"Landing Page" and "Application Page"

You said that the second link was the 80K offer. Do you mean the second link on the post out of the 4 links, or one of the links on the lower portion of the post? Thanks so much for your clarification!!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:55 am

How long is it taking before your points post? I know someone just said after the first billing cycle, but someone a few posts up just said they got theirs to post even though billing cycle ends 11/14. That's when my cycle ends (maybe 11/15), and I don't have the 80K points yet. My first spend was last week.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How long is it taking before your points post? I know someone just said after the first billing cycle, but someone a few posts up just said they got theirs to post even though billing cycle ends 11/14. That's when my cycle ends (maybe 11/15), and I don't have the 80K points yet. My first spend was last week.
Points usually post the day after your first billing cycle. YMMV
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
yay.. just received this message:
I have added 20,000 additional points to match the
difference between the offer you applied with and the new
offer for a total of 80,000 points. These adjustments will
appear on your next billing statement.

Yay! secured messages are always better. THey seem to be more helpful and friendly.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
NO I said my payment was due that date, billing cycle had ended around 10/18
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by LAXTraveller
Hey there, I just wanted to make sure I click the correct link. I see 4 total links on the first post. They are..

"80K Offer"

"Application Page"

and then further down the post there are two more links...

"Landing Page" and "Application Page"

You said that the second link was the 80K offer. Do you mean the second link on the post out of the 4 links, or one of the links on the lower portion of the post? Thanks so much for your clarification!!!
On the first page, in the OP, Click on Application page. ^

Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: Far too many
Data points on the anniversary free night

The one-year anniversary free night award posted to my account before I paid to renew.

I booked using the award before paying to renew.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 5:57 am

Data point

Applied on 10/02 - instant approval. Card arrived in 8 days and was used next day. Statement closed on 10/26 with 80000 bonus points.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by ttonev
Applied on 10/02 - instant approval. Card arrived in 8 days and was used next day. Statement closed on 10/26 with 80000 bonus points.
i must be one unlucky SOB

my statement close is Dec 16 and I got approved Oct 20
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
i must be one unlucky SOB

my statement close is Dec 16 and I got approved Oct 20
Applied about the same time and saw my due date was December 17, I called and was told my billing cycle ends November 13th, I verified it 3 times... You can call and ask that your billing cycle be moved up to close earlier....
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
i actually was succesfull in getting the statement date moved. Statement closed, the $140 in spend showed up as 140 points .. but no bonus

sent a SM .. they forwarded it to someone else, will hear back in 7 days as to where my 80k points are
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
For the love of God people, unless if you have some emergency, DO NOT move your statement dates.

More often than not, it will mess with the trigger and probably cause your points NOT to post after the first billing cycle. I have heard of this happening to a LOT of people.

And as a rule of thumb, make sure that purchase was done atleast 7-10 days before the statement end date.

Now in the rare exception where your points don't post even though you did everything right, Chase WILL give you those points. The best way of getting in touch with them is secure message. Now because the offer details state that points *usually* post within 6-8 weeks after the first statement closing date, expect the CSR to tell you to wait when you contact them right away.
So wait for 2 months and then if the points still haven't posted, Chase WILL add them into your account.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: Continental, Air Canada, Air india, Air France, Lufthansa
Are the 80k PC points worth about 1 cent each, like other promos?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Jillian75004
Are the 80k PC points worth about 1 cent each, like other promos?
I have a room booked at Holiday Inn Mayfair in London for 25,000 points a night. Lowest cost for those nights, and that is advance pay rate, is US$399.
So, you could say, I got at least $1,200 out of the points, with 5K left over toward a points break night someplace later on.

For me, that was worth a credit pull. But then, I knew what I wanted to do with these points before I applied.

Last edited by travelpye; Nov 5, 2012 at 7:45 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.