Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ucool22
hey guys, where is the link to apply for the 80k?
In post #1, as is customary.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by jluu111
Just wanted to drop off a data point. Signed up for the 60K Priority Club Visa about two months ago. Tried then to get the bump up to 80K (there was an 80K targeted bonus at the time) and was denied. Tried again yesterday (via Chase secure message) and got the approval today for an additional 20K bonus points!

What I wrote:

"To whom it may concern,

I recently signed up and was approved for the Priority Club VISA with a sign up bonus of 60k points less than three months ago, 10/5/11, precisely. I understand that there is now an 80k point sign up bonus that is publicly available. I am asking if you can provide the difference of 20k points to my account due to my long history of doing business with Chase and as a sign of good faith. Certainly, had I known that there would be a larger bonus I would have waited the two months before signing up.

Thank you for the consideration."

What they wrote back:

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Priority
Club credit card account.

We are pleased to tell you that we have added 20,000
additional enrolment points to your account.
You will see this adjustment on one of your next two
billing
statements.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,"
Thank you for providing this info and congrats on the bump! I'm in the process of my second request for the 20k bump, after sending a secure message much the same as yours, except using the term "untargeted offer" instead of "publicly available," and being denied. This time I sent a screen shot invitation from the video "in hotel" promo, which redirects to the same app link as in the OP. Fingers crossed!
...[Later...] It worked! I just received this response by secure message regarding the bump:

Date: 12-07-2011 10:35:22
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Priority
Club credit card account.

We are pleased to tell you that we have added 20,000
additional enrollment points to your account.
You will see this adjustment on one of your next two
billing statements.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

[name omitted]
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

YAY! Many thanks to the OP for posting this thread and adding such helpful info along the way...

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Dec 7, 2011 at 12:53 pm Reason: add info
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: All of em...
Congrats on those getting the bump!

I have received 2 emails targeting me for the 80k, and I finally pulled the trigger on Monday. Instant approval. Data point - I had 19 hard inquiries on my Experian report at the time of application, and a mid 700's FICO. This is my 4th Chase card.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by exyeh
I am thinking of applying this card and my question is: would this application affect my other applications of Chase Saphire or Freedom card? I don't have any of these cards and I may apply those. If I get Chase priority club card and later on I want to apply other Chase card, do I have to wait for a period of time? How long do I have to wait?
50,000 Ultimate Rewards points you get from Sapphire preferred are definitely worth more than 80,000 PC points. You can get 30,000 UR points for the Freedom card. I got two Chase cards within 30 days. YMMV.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nitro888
I've only had my card for a month and was denied for the bump 2x now. got the same message as others.
Some have had success and applying through the link seems to be working. I say keep trying until you succeed.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:13 pm

how long until I receive a card?

Hi, I applied and was instantly approved for a card from the link on the 1st page. I haven't heard anything more after the instant approval and have not received the card after a week. Is there a # to call and ask about the status of my application? I'm a little concerned now that I haven't heard anything more from Chase. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:15 pm

thanks to this post i was able to get the bump. took me 3 requests for the 20k bump, turned down after sending a secure message, i called and sent a screen shot invitation from the video "in hotel" promo and between the 2 they gave in and gave me the bump. should appear on my next statement.
i also used the link in the first post and got the 80k for the wife. only problem here is she had so many new cards, the only way they would give me one was to cancel the marriott card she just got approved for (70-k on it). we are looking to go to Miami / key west and the ic's seem link better choices than the marriott offerings so i went for it. i still have both on my cards. i have send a secure message, but i doubt if they let her activate her marriott card. i can try for it later i guess when i cancel her sapphire preferred before the annual fee is due. thanks again to the op and everyone erlse that helped me get these deals!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:20 pm

Hi, I was trying to watch the video so I can get a screen shot of invitation code, but I do not know the promo code to get the video started. Then I tried to use the 80k offer link but I did not get that page. It only directly brought up the application page which said nothing about 80k offer. Do I miss anything here? Thanks for answering!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exyeh
Hi, I was trying to watch the video so I can get a screen shot of invitation code, but I do not know the promo code to get the video started. Then I tried to use the 80k offer link but I did not get that page. It only directly brought up the application page which said nothing about 80k offer. Do I miss anything here? Thanks for answering!
As stated in the 1st post, the link isn't for a landing page. You will have to take the confirmations from some posters as evidence that it will get you 80k points. If you get a code and if PC has selected your account for the 80k video you will be given the same link.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Lotz
Used the link in OP and got instant approval. First time I've gotten instant approval after many many Chase cards.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
why do you say that? what fine-print in both offers am I missing? to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to understand why I would get a better deal with UR? thank you.

Originally Posted by sun_aa
50,000 Ultimate Rewards points you get from Sapphire preferred are definitely worth more than 80,000 PC points. You can get 30,000 UR points for the Freedom card. I got two Chase cards within 30 days. YMMV.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:57 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
data point

Applied 12/2. Received instant approval. Card came today 12/8.

First charge done 2 min later
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by spellbound2
Hi, I applied and was instantly approved for a card from the link on the 1st page. I haven't heard anything more after the instant approval and have not received the card after a week. Is there a # to call and ask about the status of my application? I'm a little concerned now that I haven't heard anything more from Chase. Thanks.
I also received instant approval (from the link on the first page), but never did get a confirmation email from Chase. About 10 days later the card arrived. Called and they confirmed the 80K. I'd give it a few more days.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:02 pm

yippee!

Card arrived today! I confirmed I am receiving 80k points after 1st purchase. Thank you OP. If I would like to have Platinum status, do I need to wait to make my 1st purchase in January? Thanks to OP and others who are so helpful here
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
why do you say that? what fine-print in both offers am I missing? to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to understand why I would get a better deal with UR? thank you.
Are you asking why 50k UR points are better than 80k PC points? The answer it turns out is almost completely objective. Once you have 5k points in your PC account you can buy 10k points for $60 using fake points and cash reward nights. So if you want to, you can buy 80k PC points for $480. You can also redeem 50k UR points for a $500 check. So 50k UR points are worth at least $20 more than 80k PC points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.