Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007
It happened to me, too.
Make sure you logged in and see your special 70K offer. It will prompt you to a page with 50K. Change the link to 7 instead of 5, and you`ll see your 70K offer.
Well I can see the offer. The problem is I can't apply. The apply button did not direct me to the form, it directed me to a page saying the offer no longer available and the automatically jumped to the50k offer page, whose apply button did work though
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:31 pm

And one more thing, when I logged into my account, I only saw the 50k offer for the premier visa
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by realperson
Well I can see the offer. The problem is I can't apply. The apply button did not direct me to the form, it directed me to a page saying the offer no longer available and the automatically jumped to the50k offer page, whose apply button did work though
You need to change number 5 in the link/web address. Did you do that?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:47 pm

I did. That is why I can see the 70koffer. But the problem is I can not apply
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:52 pm

So here is what I did.
Logged into account
Found the reward credit card page
Selected the left one which is premier visa, with 50k offer
Clicked the link
Show the 50k offer with "apply" button
Change the link, pressed enter, went to the 70k offer page, with "apply" button. So far so good.
Problem came: I clicked the "apply" button, thought it would lead me to the application form. But not. It lead me to page sAying offer no longer available. Wait for couple of sec, then it lead me to the 50 offer page with "apply" button
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
i've read that you can get the points again, but not the free night stay if you have had the card before.
Can anyone verify that they did indeed get the 70k points even though they had got in on the last 70k.
i had the marriott card before but canceled it almost a year ago to get the ritz deal.
i'm approved and met my goal just waiting on the points.

chase replyed with this:
Please keep in mind that all enrollment incentives are
reserved for new Marriott Rewards credit card members
only. This means we reserve the right to withhold adding
any enrollment points if you have previously received them
on the same product on a previous date.

so i'm wondering if i will get my points even though the offer was directly to me on my rewards account page.
so I spent the $1000 and got the 70k points on my latest statement.
so no free night but I did get the 70k points even after getting the 70k from a previous Marriott Rewards credit card offer and an additional 70k from the Ritz offer.
I did not have to change the 5 to a 7 on my app as I was offered the 70k due to my gold status.
I did do the 5 to 7 trick for my wife and they said she had the 70k offer when I activated the card. still waiting to spend the $1000 to see if she gets the 70k.

on another note...
I was going after the 60k ink offer
called the recon line and got them to take $5000 off my Marriott card to get the plus.
just got the bold about 2 months ago and sent them this...
when I applied for this card I got the 50k points if
spending $5,000 in 3 months. I now see you have a better
offer of 60k for spending the same $5,000 in 3 months. You
have matched upgraded offers for me in the past if was
within 90 days which this should apply. any chance of
getting the upgrade for the extra 10,000 points?
thank you

and got back this...
Thank you for contacting us about your reward inquiry on
your Chase Ink Bold account.

I am pleased to inform you that I added 10,000 points to
your account so that it receives a total of 60,000 bonus
points.
so i got 120k for both cards.

Last edited by mtbmtb01; Jun 23, 2013 at 7:02 pm
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
so I spent the $1000 and got the 70k points on my latest statement.
so no free night but I did get the 70k points even after getting the 70k from a previous Marriott Rewards credit card offer and an additional 70k from the Ritz offer.
I did not have to change the 5 to a 7 on my app as I was offered the 70k due to my gold status.
I did do the 5 to 7 trick for my wife and they said she had the 70k offer when I activated the card. still waiting to spend the $1000 to see if she gets the 70k.
I saw your posts on the Ink thread about the 2nd bonus on Marriott card.

Do you mind to give the timeline of the 2 Marriott cards? I, too, saw the 70K link in my account but my old Marriott card was only X'ed in Dec last year when the annual fee hit but Chase would only offer 5K after $3K spend - that was too low a retention offer so I X'ed the card. I am afraid it is too soon for me to get it again. Your timeline would help to clarify the matter.

Thanks for the info. Also congrats on your success in Ink cards for the 120K pts in total.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:10 pm

I submitted an application for my husband for the 70k Marriott offer (he has a Marriott account and has stayed there 3 times in the passed year on business). He promptly was rejected by Chase because he has never had a credit card and has less than a 2 year credit history (the lady on the reconsideration line held her ground). We've had two mortgages; one for a year, then we sold that house and bought another one. He also had one student loan of $1k that he paid off in full after graduation. That's everything on his credit report.

Today in the mail he received a targeted offer for the 50k bonus points Marriott reward card and it has an invitation number and offer code.

My question is -- can he be rejected for the 50k even though this is a targeted offer? Should I instead call the reconsideration line again and mention the targeted offer in order to leverage a more likely outcome?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, HA, CC, IHC, HH, SPG, PC, TY, AARP, Partridge in a pear tree...
Same as Kat007 above.

Just can't make it work. Tried the stuff above (tried the first page stuff and all the stuff from page 90 on).

I do have this I can share though:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...ier/75scp1ksh/

Not quite the same but does offer 50k, waived $85 and a $75 statement credit - for your $1k spend.

This looks like the one I'll take but I'm also trying some fiddling with the numbers and letters in the final / box / just for giggles.

Last edited by Cheapster; Jun 25, 2013 at 8:19 pm Reason: !ƒ¥ç*ing typos!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I saw your posts on the Ink thread about the 2nd bonus on Marriott card.

Do you mind to give the timeline of the 2 Marriott cards? I, too, saw the 70K link in my account but my old Marriott card was only X'ed in Dec last year when the annual fee hit but Chase would only offer 5K after $3K spend - that was too low a retention offer so I X'ed the card. I am afraid it is too soon for me to get it again. Your timeline would help to clarify the matter.

Thanks for the info. Also congrats on your success in Ink cards for the 120K pts in total.
Have to do more research to be sure. But from what I remember I got the marriottt on the first round of 70k which was probably 1.5 years ago. I cancelled it to get the ritz card 70k offer which I think was in the fall of 2012; but I'm not exactly sure. Got this latest marriott just over a month ago. After looking more closer it looks like I got the ritz / cancelled the marriott around last of August.

Last edited by mtbmtb01; Jun 25, 2013 at 9:51 pm
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:49 pm

It's dead Jim...

Also tried changing the 5 to a 7. Which led to the following page:

"The page you requested has either moved or no longer exists."
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
The 70k offer was already on my account page waiting for me to sign up!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by zsmith2
The 70k offer was already on my account page waiting for me to sign up!
Yes, but what happened when you actually clicked "Apply Now"? I just stumbled on this, and tried it, and got the error, subsequently redirecting me back to the 50,000 offer...
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Yes, but what happened when you actually clicked "Apply Now"? I just stumbled on this, and tried it, and got the error, subsequently redirecting me back to the 50,000 offer...
I just had the same experience. Redirected to 50,000 offer.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:25 am

Wow, I just clicked the URL at on the wiki for the 70K link and it showed up fine:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

Is Marriot also degrading their points? What does 70K get you?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.