FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:10 pm
SexyTurtle

I submitted an application for my husband for the 70k Marriott offer (he has a Marriott account and has stayed there 3 times in the passed year on business). He promptly was rejected by Chase because he has never had a credit card and has less than a 2 year credit history (the lady on the reconsideration line held her ground). We've had two mortgages; one for a year, then we sold that house and bought another one. He also had one student loan of $1k that he paid off in full after graduation. That's everything on his credit report.

Today in the mail he received a targeted offer for the 50k bonus points Marriott reward card and it has an invitation number and offer code.

My question is -- can he be rejected for the 50k even though this is a targeted offer? Should I instead call the reconsideration line again and mention the targeted offer in order to leverage a more likely outcome?