Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Removed MR# from Embossing on Card

Just wanted to post a note about how my Marriott Visa came in with my MR number embossed on the front of the card.

A few years ago, I went through identity theft. They got my Priority Club account number, and the identity thief talked one of their phone reps out of my computer password. Years worth of PC points were stolen from my account. Even after I sent PC the police report for the identity theft, they refused to restore the stolen points. So I do not do business with Holiday Inn anymore.

The reason why I am posting this is because I believe that having the MR account number on the Visa is unnecessary. The transaction is processed with the Visa account number, not the MR reward number. Since it is embossed, if a merchant took an imprint of the card they would get an imprint of the MR number as well. So I called Chase, and they are removing it from the front of my card.

For those of you concerned with identity theft, you may want to take note of this. It really sucks to lose years worth of points due to theft.

Jean
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You applied in 2011, and your 15 nights posted before 1 Jan 2012. So they counted toward your 2011 status, not your 2012 status. 10 nights were used to get you to Silver level in 2011 (which will last for all of 2012), and then 5 nights were left over. These nights then rolled over to 2012, which is why you have 5 rollover nights and are Silver.
Sir, I remind you that this sort of clear, coherent explanation has no place on FlyerTalk.

( Seriously, thanks. I've been wondering the very same thing about my DW's account; she received the Chase card & earned the bonuses/status in late 2011, just as you surmise.)
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Well I applied, and was approved for both (Marriott + Ink Bold). I asked the recon rep if she can confirm the 70k sign-up bonus, but her response was "Your rewards profile has not been generated and the information will be in your welcome kit. Or customer service will be able to help you once you receive your card."

Normally the recon reps confirm the bonus ... so I'm slightly worried. I applied using the link in the first post. Any thoughts?

TIA
Send a secure message. Usuaaly the recon people don't have access to the marketing side , they are financial advisors ,but Sm should confirm
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by matthoyle
how long did everyone's points take to post?
Mine wasn't too bad. I made the first purchase when I received the card and the points posted when I received my first statement. Altogether, less than 3 weeks.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by Landice
Mine wasn't too bad. I made the first purchase when I received the card and the points posted when I received my first statement. Altogether, less than 3 weeks.
That is about normal points post after first statement after a purchase...Happened that way for M-Wife and me...^
Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Send a secure message. Usuaaly the recon people don't have access to the marketing side , they are financial advisors ,but Sm should confirm
Thanks PETERPNYC! Yep, I plan to do exactly that as soon as the Marriott card appears in my list of accounts.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks PETERPNYC! Yep, I plan to do exactly that as soon as the Marriott card appears in my list of accounts.
What's the big hurry? How will you react if (a) they say you have the 70k offer, (b) they claim you don't, or (c) they don't reply to your email?

Seems to me you're going to have to call to activate the card when you receive it anyway (within a few days after it shows up in your list of accounts). That seems like the perfect time to ask. In my case, they voluteered that I had the 70k offer, during the activation call, before I even had a chance to ask.

(It's not like this is a card where you have to do a lot of spend to trigger the offer. Any purchase of any size will do it!)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
Just wanted to post a note about how my Marriott Visa came in with my MR number embossed on the front of the card.

A few years ago, I went through identity theft. They got my Priority Club account number, and the identity thief talked one of their phone reps out of my computer password. Years worth of PC points were stolen from my account. Even after I sent PC the police report for the identity theft, they refused to restore the stolen points. So I do not do business with Holiday Inn anymore.

The reason why I am posting this is because I believe that having the MR account number on the Visa is unnecessary. The transaction is processed with the Visa account number, not the MR reward number. Since it is embossed, if a merchant took an imprint of the card they would get an imprint of the MR number as well. So I called Chase, and they are removing it from the front of my card.

For those of you concerned with identity theft, you may want to take note of this. It really sucks to lose years worth of points due to theft.

Jean
Not common, as it takes some expertise, and is quite risky (security footage anyone?) but it happens. There's also one in the forums about an inside job at a Mariott where it was an employee, the user noticed the points gone, and the cops showed up and arrested a dope-smoking occupant.

In any case, they want to instill loyalty which having the number readily available assists in. The rewards are probably greater than the risks, per say. I'd advise a point monitoring service to catch the crooks, hopefully before they check out.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
applied on 12/29..i think activated on 1/10/12...now i see my 70K points in my account on 2/6..although haven't received my statement yet.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bitachu
applied on 12/29..i think activated on 1/10/12...now i see my 70K points in my account on 2/6..although haven't received my statement yet.
Are you saying your statement is not yet available on the Chase site (that would be strange), or simply that your printed statement has not yet finished its physical cross-country journey to you (that would be expected, no?).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:38 pm

What's the big hurry? How will you react if (a) they say you have the 70k offer, (b) they claim you don't, or (c) they don't reply to your email?

Seems to me you're going to have to call to activate the card when you receive it anyway (within a few days after it shows up in your list of accounts). That seems like the perfect time to ask. In my case, they voluteered that I had the 70k offer, during the activation call, before I even had a chance to ask.

(It's not like this is a card where you have to do a lot of spend to trigger the offer. Any purchase of any size will do it!)

The big hurry is I wanted to confirm my App triggered the right promo as there is no landing page anymore. Furthermore the recon reps (normally) confirm the promo (my experiences + others from FT/SD), so it was a bit off that she couldn't see it to confirm it. No biggie. There isn't (much) I can do whatever happens, I think I'll learn to move on lol .... but the suspense will continue until Chase is able to confirm the promo upon activation. Either way, they'll at least honor one of the other widely available promos for this card right now, although I'm expecting it will be a non-issue - hopefully!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:49 am

sigh

Applied for the 50K last month.. found this thread today.

Haven't had points awarded yet.

Anyone have any luck calling and crying for the extra 20k points? Lol

EDIT. Read further back and sent Chase CS email. Will post results.

Brad

Last edited by EasyEEE; Feb 7, 2012 at 9:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by EasyEEE
Applied for the 50K last month.. found this thread today.

Haven't had points awarded yet.

Anyone have any luck calling and crying for the extra 20k points? Lol

EDIT. Read further back and sent Chase CS email. Will post results.

Brad
Good luck do let us know if you get the additional points...............
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The big hurry is I wanted to confirm my App triggered the right promo as there is no landing page anymore.
Just to clarify: The landing page stopped working many months ago. Since then oodles of people have applied through that link and AFAIK every one of them (who didn't have any such card previously, at least) has gotten the 70k bonus (or, if it's too early, the confirmation of same).
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Second question first. Look at the way I reformatted your chart my quote. (That intending is to match the way it looks online). The "bonus nights" are simply the sum of the different types of nights in the indented part. So the 5 "bonus nights' are the same as the 5 "rollover nights".

Rollover nights are nights that are in excess of nights needed for any status level that you earned in the previous year.

When did you apply for this card? Was it before the end of 2011? If so, it all makes sense now.

You applied in 2011, and your 15 nights posted before 1 Jan 2012. So they counted toward your 2011 status, not your 2012 status. 10 nights were used to get you to Silver level in 2011 (which will last for all of 2012), and then 5 nights were left over. These nights then rolled over to 2012, which is why you have 5 rollover nights and are Silver.

You presumably didn't realize this because you didn't check your Marriott account on the last day of 2011 (at which point it presumably would have said you had 15 credit card nights). Since you only checked after your Marriott account was updated for 2012, the 15 credit card nights (that were applied in 2011) no longer show as such (even though they were applied).
Got it thank you. And yes I seen the 15 nights before 2011 ended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.