Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:40 am
Suspended

I understand now, thanks people.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:36 am

how to get it applied retroactively?

The end of last week I applied for (and was instantly approved) the black card via the 50K offer. I tired calling and even spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere. Who are you calling/contacting to get them to change it to 70,000 rather than 50,000 miles?

I noticed a few people mentioned e-mailing - what e-mail address are they using?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: DL
Got the card, got the cert, no points posted yet. They did put a new rewards number on my card and didn't use the number I gave them, gotta get that fixed.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
I originally got a Chase Marriott card in 2008. So it has been about 3 - 1/2 years since I last applied. I canceled that card before the annual fee hit in 2009.

I will post again when I get the 70,000 pts.
Did you have the premier card (black) in 2008 and get a bonus?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:27 am

I just called the 800 number listed on the application link from post #1, and the woman said the 70k offer is still valid. My dilemma is that I REALLY need to have the free anniversary night cover the 6 month period of March - August (especially August). Based on what other people have posted, it sounds like the 6 month window is set upon account approval and that has been within a day or two of application for most. I am guessing that I will have to keep my fingers crossed that the 70k offer will not go away before March 1st which is when I will apply.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I understand now, thanks people.
+1 me too
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by m61376
The end of last week I applied for (and was instantly approved) the black card via the 50K offer. I tired calling and even spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere. Who are you calling/contacting to get them to change it to 70,000 rather than 50,000 miles?

I noticed a few people mentioned e-mailing - what e-mail address are they using?
Sign onto your Chase account online and use the secure CS email regarding the Marriott account should get a reply within four hours
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
Did you have the premier card (black) in 2008 and get a bonus?

No, I did not have a premier card in 2008.

So how does the black or premier card factor in? Can the premier (black) card never be churned even if I wait several years? Or could I apply for and get a signature card in the future and get points again?

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
No, I did not have a premier card in 2008.

So how does the black or premier card factor in? Can the premier (black) card never be churned even if I wait several years? Or could I apply for and get a signature card in the future and get points again?

Thanks.
You should be good for getting the bonus. From Happy's post, it looks like you can't get this bonus if you have had the Premier (black) card before. Apparently, you can have the bonus from each card, once.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cincycaddy
Got the card, got the cert, no points posted yet. They did put a new rewards number on my card and didn't use the number I gave them, gotta get that fixed.
I don't understand. How could you possibly get the cert in the right account if they don't have the right account number for you?

Meanwhile, getting the card is not sufficient to get the points! You have to make a purchase, and then wait for a statement. It's not at all clear from your post whether you've done that or not.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
I just called the 800 number listed on the application link from post #1, and the woman said the 70k offer is still valid. My dilemma is that I REALLY need to have the free anniversary night cover the 6 month period of March - August (especially August). Based on what other people have posted, it sounds like the 6 month window is set upon account approval and that has been within a day or two of application for most. I am guessing that I will have to keep my fingers crossed that the 70k offer will not go away before March 1st which is when I will apply.
Many people have had success getting Marriott to extend the six month expiration. If you read back in the thread, you will see such stories.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Please let us know if the 70K points show up for the churn and if so how long since your last MR application. I sort of doubt the free night cert will show the first year as that's from Marriott (and it's only up to Cat4). The renewal Cat 5 cert should be no problem though. Several people in the past have gotten the miles from Chase on a churn of Marriott but no first year free night cert from Marriott.

Since the really good MR redemptions are the 2 air tickets and free 7 nights starting at 100K, the 70K bonus is very valuable.
100K I thought it was 210 or 220K to redeem miles + 7 nights hotel?

Also I don't think anyone answered. Does anyone know why it would show 5 nights silver instead of 15 nights silver in my account when you always should have 15 nights due to the CC?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by World-Wide
100K I thought it was 210 or 220K to redeem miles + 7 nights hotel?

Also I don't think anyone answered. Does anyone know why it would show 5 nights silver instead of 15 nights silver in my account when you always should have 15 nights due to the CC?
It starts at 200k last time I looked.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by World-Wide
Does anyone know why it would show 5 nights silver instead of 15 nights silver in my account when you always should have 15 nights due to the CC?
What kind of nights does it show for the 5 nights?

If you go to look at your Account Activity, it'll spell out (at the top, above the itemized activities) which of the nights are stay nights, which are rollover nights, which are credit card nights (that's where the 15 should show up), and which are other kinds of bonus nights.

Here's how mine looks:
Nights Stayed: 1
Bonus Nights Earned: 15
Promotional: 0
Rewards Credit Card: 15
Rewarding Events: 0
Rollover Nights: 0
Total Nights Earned this Year: 16
Total Membership Nights: 48
Tell us how your detail counts on this page look.

Perhaps you have 5 from some other source, and silver for some other reason, and 0 (rather 5 or 15) credit card nights?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:13 am

My turn to ask the most repetitive question.

Can I _still_ use the application link in Post #1 and get in on this promo?

Link from post #1: https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DN7M

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.