Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by ac921ol
how long do you think this deal will be around?? I just apped for Chase at the end of Sept, I was approved for the CSP and Freedom, and I was hoping I could apply for this in December, heck even Jan if possible.
This offer has been going on in some shape or form for at least 2 years. So pretty sure it will be there in Jan as well.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BBDDPP
Can anyone help me out with a problem getting the bonus?

I had a Marriott card several years ago (not the premier) and applied for this, making sure I would get the bonus (but aware I would not be eligible for the free night, and was ok with that).

I spent my 1000 a month or so ago and was waiting on the bonus, which had not arrived. Wrote to Marriott Rewards and was informed that since I'd previously received a bonus I was not eligible to get another point bonus. It might hurt that I still have the previous bonus points in my MR account, though I was hoping to use this new round to take a really nice vaca so hadn't spent the previous points yet.

Is there anything I can do? Other than angrily call and cut up the card and just forget ever getting a MR point bonus again?
Would you update the thread whether you eventually get the bonus or get a denial postcard from Chase?

The community would appreciate the update on this as your timeline seems to be your previous MR was applied 2 years ago but only closed 1 year ago?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by polaropposite
I received a mailing for 70,000 points today with the following URL:

MarriottRewards.com/Elite70k

Showed up as 70k points when I went to the site.
Indeed, thanks! What a great first post... Welcome to Flyertalk!

That offer link looks public for all - no tricks needed. Going to add that to the Wiki.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
If you compare the perks of Marriott Premier Card with Citi Hilton Reserve, you pay $10 less for Marriott Premier Card membership and 70K points. However, you...

1) don't get gold elite from Marriott (15 Elite credits are good enough for silver elite only if you don't stay in Marriott hotels, right?). You may get gold elite from Citi Hilton Reserve.
2) get 1 night fewer than Citi Hilton Reserve after account approval (You get 2 free nights after account approval on Citi Hilton Reserve, plus, you may use the free nights on any category hotel, I just used those 2 certificates in Conrad.)
3) can't use the annual 1 free night stay on hotels which are higher than category 5 in Marriott. Similar to 2)
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:58 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LAKnight
2) get 1 night fewer than Citi Hilton Reserve after account approval (You get 2 free nights after account approval on Citi Hilton Reserve, plus, you may use the free nights on any category hotel, I just used those 2 certificates in Conrad.)
Not really a complete comparison. With Hilton Reserve, you get two weekend nights. With the Marriott card, it's one Cat 1-4 night plus 70k points at approval. They can all be used any day of the week. You can frequently find 25k nights, so the signup is roughly equivalent to four nights in low/mid category hotels.

So which is more valuable to you - 2 weekend nights at any Hilton hotel or 4 nights, any day of the week, at mid-tier Marriott hotels? Could be a very different answer based on your own travel patterns.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:09 am

Added info to the wiki about the Marriott Rewards program signup bonuses available.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you compare the perks of Marriott Premier Card with Citi Hilton Reserve, you pay $10 less for Marriott Premier Card membership and 70K points. However, you...

1) don't get gold elite from Marriott (15 Elite credits are good enough for silver elite only if you don't stay in Marriott hotels, right?). You may get gold elite from Citi Hilton Reserve.
3) can't use the annual 1 free night stay on hotels which are higher than category 5 in Marriott. Similar to 2)
Citi's HHonor Reserve sign up bonus is Weaker than Chase Marriott for the reasons MDtR-Chicago detailed below.

However, the HHonor Gold status is much better than Marriott's Silver. You get the free Continental brekkie and free internet with HHonor Gold. While some properties are stinky, a good number of properties are fairly generous and often granted lounge excess (particularly in European properties) versus Marriott Silver gets you 2 bottle of water in most cases.

Coupled that you could possible churn a few regular Citi HHonor card a year if you dont mind the pulls, essentially gives you 100 to 200K additional HHonor pts a year - this combination would beat the Chase Marriott Prem by a mile - but the trade off of course is the hit on your credit report.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Not really a complete comparison. With Hilton Reserve, you get two weekend nights. With the Marriott card, it's one Cat 1-4 night plus 70k points at approval. They can all be used any day of the week. You can frequently find 25k nights, so the signup is roughly equivalent to four nights in low/mid category hotels.

So which is more valuable to you - 2 weekend nights at any Hilton hotel or 4 nights, any day of the week, at mid-tier Marriott hotels? Could be a very different answer based on your own travel patterns.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Isn't hhonors nights on sign up only. Where as marriot it's 1 night every anniversary on top of the free night upon approval and 70k points
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: All of em...
Couldn't get the "Apply now" button to work without logging into my account. Once logged in and changed the link, went through no problem.

Instant approval, $5k limit for the 70k link. Great offer, and worth renewing for free annual night!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:36 pm

Isn't hhonors nights on sign up only. Where as marriot it's 1 night every anniversary on top of the free night upon approval and 70k points
You got 1 weekend night on anniversary from Citi HHonors Reserve if you spend $10000 in a year. You will get 1 night every anniversary automatically from Marriott.

Overall, it depends on where you want to stay. If you use the weekend night certificate on a Hampton Inn, I will feel sorry for you.

You will get Diamond Status with HHonors if you spend $40K a year as well. Not that compelling to me, I would rather have 1 weekend night "for each $10000 spending in a year."
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: All of em...
You will get Diamond Status with HHonors if you spend $40K a year as well. Not that compelling to me, I would rather have 1 weekend night "for each $10000 spending in a year."
Is that really how it works? Blow through $100k in VR and score 10 weekend nights?!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
The category 1-5 hotels arent that great in the US or UK or Paris.

has anyone found any good solid 1-5 hotels for trips, I think I might go with IHG, cause I can use those certs at any hotel in the program.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:27 am

has anyone found any good solid 1-5 hotels for trips, ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...4-5-certs.html
(I like the Courtyard Portland City Center... really nice)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:57 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Is that really how it works? Blow through $100k in VR and score 10 weekend nights?!
Nah... I hope Citi or Hilton would give this feature.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott, KrisFlyer, VA Elevate, and others
After getting some four mailers, I finally went for it yesterday (first credit card with an annual fee.) Instant approval for 10.5k, now I'm just waiting on my card! I'm looking forward to it. The card should come just in time for Black Friday and a planned Disneyland trip, which should take care of that $1000 within three months thing nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.