Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
I applied using the link mentioned in Wiki and the decision is currently pending. Is there a phone num I can call to speed up the process?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by user2013
I applied using the link mentioned in Wiki and the decision is currently pending. Is there a phone num I can call to speed up the process?
888-245-0625
They're closed at this moment I believe, but tomorrow at 8 am they should be available until some time in the evening.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:43 pm

Is the min spend $1,000?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by hub-captive
Is the min spend $1,000?
it is
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
that's the landing page, when you click apply now it says offer expired and redirects you to the 50k offer
It brought up the application itself without any screen in between, i.e. no screen mentioning offer expired.

Further more, once I logged in, the credit offer link shown on the front page brings up all 3 cards with the black card at 70K.

I cannot apply though because it is only 20 months since my last application. With Chase it seems for most cards you need a minimum of 2 and may even be 3 years time lapse in order to get bonus again.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:52 pm

Can anyone help me out with a problem getting the bonus?

I had a Marriott card several years ago (not the premier) and applied for this, making sure I would get the bonus (but aware I would not be eligible for the free night, and was ok with that).

I spent my 1000 a month or so ago and was waiting on the bonus, which had not arrived. Wrote to Marriott Rewards and was informed that since I'd previously received a bonus I was not eligible to get another point bonus. It might hurt that I still have the previous bonus points in my MR account, though I was hoping to use this new round to take a really nice vaca so hadn't spent the previous points yet.

Is there anything I can do? Other than angrily call and cut up the card and just forget ever getting a MR point bonus again?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by BBDDPP
Can anyone help me out with a problem getting the bonus?

I had a Marriott card several years ago (not the premier) and applied for this, making sure I would get the bonus (but aware I would not be eligible for the free night, and was ok with that).

I spent my 1000 a month or so ago and was waiting on the bonus, which had not arrived. Wrote to Marriott Rewards and was informed that since I'd previously received a bonus I was not eligible to get another point bonus. It might hurt that I still have the previous bonus points in my MR account, though I was hoping to use this new round to take a really nice vaca so hadn't spent the previous points yet.

Is there anything I can do? Other than angrily call and cut up the card and just forget ever getting a MR point bonus again?
How many years ago was it? and how many points did you get last time? you said it wasn't the premier card so it was a normal card that offers 21K bonus?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:43 pm

I could have sworn it was not the premier but it was a 70k bonus 2 years ago.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BBDDPP
I could have sworn it was not the premier but it was a 70k bonus 2 years ago.
70K is the Premier. The older version that is not the Premier, never has 70K bonus. You could have applied a Premier, but were approved a lower version but still gotten the original 70K bonus.

The free night is from Marriott, the points are from Chase. 2 years laps is often not enough.

However, there are 2 things you can tell whether the bonus is truly denied or not.

First of all, when Chase denies you bonus, Chase would also send you a letter to inform you so and why. Have you gotten this letter yet?

Secondly, when did you meet the spend requirement in relationship to the statement closing date? Chase is known to cut off the bonus qualifying count a week to 10 days before statement close.

If your spend to put you over the requirement is within a week to the statement close date, AND you have not received a letter from Chase, you MAY still get the bonus on your next billing cycle.

Again, because Marriott does not control the bonus points, it is Chase to fulfill that obligation. Marriott supplies you the free night cert and it looks back for 5 years.

If you do not get the bonus in next billing cycle, that means the bonus is truly denied by the terms and conditions and there is really nothing you can do but chalk it off - many of us here have similar experiences with a number of Chase cards - the Marriotts, the Continentals and the Uniteds for example.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Happy
It brought up the application itself without any screen in between, i.e. no screen mentioning offer expired.

Further more, once I logged in, the credit offer link shown on the front page brings up all 3 cards with the black card at 70K.

I cannot apply though because it is only 20 months since my last application. With Chase it seems for most cards you need a minimum of 2 and may even be 3 years time lapse in order to get bonus again.
It brought up offer expired for me, so clearly YMMV
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: A/E Plat,A/E Plat.AP,Taca Gold,KLM Gold,MPolo Gold,Marr. Gold,C.Club Gold,A.Gold Infinate,Em.Exec,
Does anyone know if Chase has a referral bonus for the Canadian Marriott Visa Premier.
Marriott has their referral...but I want more! I have two new members for them.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:17 pm

Wiki updated to reflect particulars of current 50K offer URL (vs the tweaked URL for 70K offer) and to expand a bit on the limited ability to churn this card.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:35 pm

ooh, just applied and got approved for the 40k + $100 statement credit a week ago.

anyone tried asking chase for a bonus match? if it was an outright offer i would have no qualms, but since this is somewhat of a back-door approach to obtain the 70k, i'm a little hesitant.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: DL
Can you have multiple Marriott Visas?

my mom got a Marriott visa probably 8 years ago at least and still has it. Can she apply for a new one and get the signup bonus for the current offer?

in other words, can you have two Marriott cards?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Yeah... I think she can. Not because of the time passed, but rather because in 8 years, they probably changed the product (the card) multiple times.

And each time the card is changed, it counts as a new card. And therefore you'd be eligible for the signup bonus.
Problem is...if she's not instantly approved, how do you go about explaining why you want two Marriott cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.