Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:33 am
In memoriam

Two separate questions:
1. Can you have two Marriott cards at the same time (Ans: yes, at least in my past experience, apparently Chase has cracked down on this recently).
2. Can you have more than one Marriott card in a lifetime. (Ans. yes, I have had more than several over the last few years, gotten the bonus each time--although they didn't give me the free night on the last card--this despite the terms which apparently say you can't get a bonus on same type card more than once).
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:04 pm

They keep sending me email 70k + free night offer w/ invitation code. Drives me crazy that I probably cant really get it all! I cancelled the last one just under a year ago. Bogus that they would invite me and then not give the free night (probably get the points I guess?). The email is coming from Marriott to the same rewards member (me) that already got the promo once. Perhaps they should not offer this to those that have already done it.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdjk5467
They keep sending me email 70k + free night offer w/ invitation code. Drives me crazy that I probably cant really get it all! I cancelled the last one just under a year ago. Bogus that they would invite me and then not give the free night (probably get the points I guess?). The email is coming from Marriott to the same rewards member (me) that already got the promo once. Perhaps they should not offer this to those that have already done it.
For MR card to be save to get the bonus again you need a minimum of 2 years from your last application, preferably a few months longer.

MR looks back on the free night cert from sign up for 5 years based on the experience of our household.

Whether you are eligible for another bonus has no relationship to the marketing dept that sends you the invitation based on list sold by the bank or based on the Marriott's own data base.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Happy
For MR card to be save to get the bonus again you need a minimum of 2 years from your last application, preferably a few months longer.
From application or cancellation?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Applied and got approved.
Is the only way I'll be able to tell if I got the 70K is if I met the required spend?
Can't find any information from Chase about the 70K.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by f0xx
Applied and got approved.
Is the only way I'll be able to tell if I got the 70K is if I met the required spend?
Can't find any information from Chase about the 70K.
When the card comes activate it by phone, let the agent come on and tell you about the wonderful benefits. At the end they may tell you (mine did) or you can ask 9my wife did).
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
From application or cancellation?
cancellation. This and the UA ones seem to be the hardest to turn over among all Chase cards. Even CSP and Inks are easier based on the posts.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:01 am

I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions, but wanted to see if anyone had done this. Want to get the 70K points faster so I thinking of just buying an AMEX gift card or something similar. That should count towards the spending requirement, correct?

Any better ideas for what I could "buy" to hit the threshold just as quickly?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:05 am
Used to be "abernard"

Ritz-Carlton

Has anyone been able to get Ritz-Carlton credit card bonus while keeping their Marriott credit card open?

When I switched my account from Marriott to ritz I see an offer for 70K and no annual fee the first year. I would like to take it, but I am pessimistic about getting the bonus since I have the MR CC.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by foun10
Does anyone know if Chase has a referral bonus for the Canadian Marriott Visa Premier.
Marriott has their referral...but I want more! I have two new members for them.
I'd be interested in this as well! My mother has this card, and I'd be looking to sign up for it myself.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by foun10
Does anyone know if Chase has a referral bonus for the Canadian Marriott Visa Premier.
Marriott has their referral...but I want more! I have two new members for them.
This is a separate thread on the Canadian version of the card. Maybe ask there: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...visa-card.html
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by ORDCDG
Has anyone been able to get Ritz-Carlton credit card bonus while keeping their Marriott credit card open?

When I switched my account from Marriott to ritz I see an offer for 70K and no annual fee the first year. I would like to take it, but I am pessimistic about getting the bonus since I have the MR CC.
T&C's say no 70K if you previously had the Marriott card. There are several reports in the Ritz thread of that not being the case. Why keep the Marriott card though? They both earn 5 points at either chain. The only perk would be the 15 elite nights.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:52 pm

[On Again] 70k points, 1 night, no fee 1st yr, Marriott Premier Visa

Yes I got the bonus 70k for the ritz card while having my MR card open.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nitro888
Yes I got the bonus 70k for the ritz card while having my MR card open.
Thank you sir, when did you get the Ritz card?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:58 pm

Looks to me like the 70k may finally be dead. I got the card for myself a couple weeks ago and wanted one for my wife, but logging in and clicking the 70 link or changing the URL doesn't seem to work like it did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.