FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1191535-applying-chase-credit-cards-archived-2008-5-2015-a.html)

sharona211 Sep 18, 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by sharona211 (Post 19311503)
I have 3 Chase cards (each at least 5-6 yrs old). Today I applied for the Sapphire and the Marriott Rewards and 2 other non Chase cards. Sapphire was instantly approved as were the other 2 non Chase. The Marriott card resulted in a "you'll be notified..." message (this was the 2nd Chase app sent). There was no phone # or app # provided on the last screen.

2 of the 3 old Chase cards are never used so I would happily sacrifice one of them or, preferably, move credit around to accommodate the Marriott card.

Should I wait for them to call me or send something or should I call them? If waiting, how long?

TIA

Quoting my original post to provide some new info. Called Chase about the 2 apps the day after applying. Told the CSR it was not a mistake and I wanted the hotel card and the Sapphire for their different benefits. She was not very helpful (the app status line, not the reconsideration) and said I would hear in 7-10 bdays and they would contact me if they had any questions. Have not heard back from Chase yet but got an email today from Marriott rewards regarding my free night certificates and it referenced my Chase MR credit card last 4 digits so I assume I'm approved for that one too.

capitolm94 Sep 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by sharona211 (Post 19337776)
Quoting my original post to provide some new info. Called Chase about the 2 apps the day after applying. Told the CSR it was not a mistake and I wanted the hotel card and the Sapphire for their different benefits. She was not very helpful (the app status line, not the reconsideration) and said I would hear in 7-10 bdays and they would contact me if they had any questions. Have not heard back from Chase yet but got an email today from Marriott rewards regarding my free night certificates and it referenced my Chase MR credit card last 4 digits so I assume I'm approved for that one too.

Just call the reconsideration directly, they are super helpful and will tell you whats going on:

888-245-0625

sharona211 Sep 25, 2012 7:25 am

Originally Posted by capitolm94 (Post 19378971)
Just call the reconsideration directly, they are super helpful and will tell you whats going on:

888-245-0625

I received both cards in the mail yesterday. I never did get an official approval notification on the Chase Marriott card... Also it didn't show up in my Chase online accounts profile, even after activating it. I had to call them and they had to manually add it to my accounts list.

I thought it took a really long time for the cards to arrive (11 days). I'm comparing that to the AMEX card which I applied for the same day as the Chase cards and which they sent to me via overnight delivery.

summerdayshopping Sep 26, 2012 6:08 am

Originally Posted by sharona211 (Post 19380460)
I thought it took a really long time for the cards to arrive (11 days).

It did take around 2 weeks for my chase cards to arrive...

capitolm94 Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by sharona211 (Post 19380460)
I received both cards in the mail yesterday. I never did get an official approval notification on the Chase Marriott card... Also it didn't show up in my Chase online accounts profile, even after activating it. I had to call them and they had to manually add it to my accounts list.

I thought it took a really long time for the cards to arrive (11 days). I'm comparing that to the AMEX card which I applied for the same day as the Chase cards and which they sent to me via overnight delivery.

You dont know how long it took for them to approve it. I got the hyatt card via overnight mail, but they didnt approve it until about 8 days after I applied.

dcpilgrim Dec 6, 2012 9:59 am

Chase rep on recon told me I am capped at 4 cards. Traded AARP for Brit Air.

New roster:
United
Marriott
Hyatt
Brit Air

I will probably close the Hyatt after my next stay with them in March. Still 5 cards in 13 months, and AARP in its day was the most lucrative.

DaveInLA Dec 6, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm dying to get the Chase Southwest business and personal cards for Companion Pass. My Chase history is as follows:
I've had the Freedom for a couple of years now
Had the Southwest Premier (I think) personal card from 8/2011-7/2012
Signed up for Sapphire Pref 6/2012, the Ink Bold and Priority Club at the end of 9/2012. It's been only ~70 days since I applied for PC and IB; do I have any chance of being approved for both Southwest cards?

tearex Dec 6, 2012 7:03 pm

Data point:

I have the CSP and Freedom Cards, and I received the targeted 65k offer for the United MileagePlus Explorer card. When the reduced 5k Ink Bold offer first showed up, I jumped and applied for both cards immediately, starting with the Ink Bold.

I had the pending application status for both of them. Since I applied late at night, I waited a few days before calling. The business card analyst told me that I had been approved the Ink Bold over the weekend. I received a letter from Chase for the Explorer card citing too many open accounts/request for credit.

When I called the personal analyst, the analyst told me that I would have to close one of my existing cards in order to open the Explorer. I could not close one immediately since both cards had a balance on them.

I did not want to close either card because both are very useful to me, but in the end, I figured I would close the CSP since I can use the Bold as its replacement and the AF was coming up. I had also just opened a checking account to eventually enroll my Freedom in the Chase Exclusives program just before the cutoff date. However, since I'm waiting on a substantial amount of bonus UR portal points to post on the CSP, I bided my time as I had 30 days before the application was permanently closed.

To my surprise, Chase increased the credit line on my CSP in those 30 days (I have perfect payment history and always pay in full), enough to transfer CL from both cards to meet the Visa Signature's minimum of a $5k line. I zeroed out balances on both my cards (I initially called in, but they could not reduce my Freedom's line as low as I wanted it to be as the balance would be close to the new limit). The CSR asked me how much credit I wanted to move around and I mentioned I just wanted to move enough to meet the Visa Signature requirements of $5k. He corrected me and said that the minimum limit on the card wasn't that high (something on the order of $2.5k), so I only moved some credit from my CSP to the Explorer.

I also mentioned that I am leaving town for a month to go travel (which is true) and if it was possible to expedite the card. CSR transferred me over to a different one, and that CSR expedited the card for me at no cost. Should arrive tomorrow. :) Hopefully the Explorer is still a Signature, as I could not find mention of the card being anything else but that.

Overall, very happy with Chase. Beats AmEx by a mile.

DOUDOU1980 Dec 6, 2012 9:11 pm

Chase approve your application not on credit score but on your spending.

My credit score is 670 and average credit history is 11 months, the oldest account is 26 months. Before i only have a credit card, from this spring i start my churning process. Here is what I got from chase:

2012 feb Marriott, Hyatt
2012 apr. sapphire preferred, priority club
2012 June British airway, ink bold(business)
2012 Sep ink plus( business), freedom
2012 dec. united

In 10 months, I got 9 cards, 7 personal and 2 business from chase just because I spent over 30k each month. Do not be afraid, as long as you are their valued customer, they will help you get what you want.

MDtR-Chicago Dec 6, 2012 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 (Post 19810904)
My credit score is 670 and average credit history is 11 months, the oldest account is 26 months. Before i only have a credit card, from this spring i start my churning process. Here is what I got from chase:

What part of this story aren't you telling us?

mnscout Dec 6, 2012 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 19811010)

LOL. 9 Chase cards in less than a year with sub-700 score and 2-year credit history. Yeah, even with the enormous monthly spend, I'd say it's a valid question. I would be afraid. I'd be very afraid. :p

The_Wrath_of_Khan Dec 7, 2012 2:18 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 19811010)

Yeah that's just insane. You're pretty risky at face value.

sam007 Dec 14, 2012 6:04 am

2 browsers

Guys

I have to apply for 2 chase cards soon (currently only have a single card with them that I got 3 months ago)

Should I apply for the 2 cards simultaneously using 2 browsers or it doesn't matter? Wondering if it'll be a single credit pull if I do it this way. Also does it matter if I apply for one personal and the other business?

Thanks

sam007 Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Anybody?

cyin Dec 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by sam007 (Post 19854853)
Guys

I have to apply for 2 chase cards soon (currently only have a single card with them that I got 3 months ago)

Should I apply for the 2 cards simultaneously using 2 browsers or it doesn't matter? Wondering if it'll be a single credit pull if I do it this way. Also does it matter if I apply for one personal and the other business?

Thanks

The two browser method doesn't matter/work with Chase. If you would like the maximum probability of success, apply for one business and one personal card. It is certainly possible to get two biz or two personal, but chances are slim. Good luck!