FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1191535-applying-chase-credit-cards-archived-2008-5-2015-a.html)

smitty06 Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd (Post 18916567)
I guess my line of thought was that Chase was only comfortable with me currently having 1 CC with them and if it's only 1, I'd rather it be UA than marriott. Wouldn't mind losing the bonus points.

Thanks anyway!

Do not cancel this card! You probably wont get the United Card and you wont have your Marriott Card. Wait at least 6 months and then apply again if you want. Personally, I would apply for a no fee card that you can keep for a long time preferably from a different bank.

azoomee Jul 14, 2012 9:42 am

Mariott Card -- ask for them to relook at it

I have quite a few Chase cards today (with a credit line that was a little surprising to hear how big it was). I recently applied for the Mariott Card but received a refusal letter stating that I have too many accounts open with Chase.

I called the "Re-Evaluation" line (phone number at the bottom of the sheet of paper that declined my initial application. They actually reduced credit limit from one credit card to populate the Mariott one. It took a few times on and off of hold as they worked it. Final outcome was that they approved my mariott card :)

Asking to re-evaluate works....

thefig Jul 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello all,
This is my first post here asking a question, hope you can all help. I was looking for a no foreign transaction fee card and heard the Chase Southwest Premier card will not have foreign fees starting in August 2012. I already have the regular Southwest Visa (opened Aug 2009) and do considerable spending on it . Question is "How do I change over to the Premier card and still get the bonus points?" I've been told that you can only get bonus points once per type of card. Or should I just leave this alone and get another card altogether? Capital One Venture or Chase Sapphire?
Thanks in advance

gpapadop Jul 14, 2012 2:11 pm

I would go for the Sapphire since you can turn these points into Southwest points anyway.

thefig Jul 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 18929961)
I would go for the Sapphire since you can turn these points into Southwest points anyway.

Can the Sapphire points be applied to any airline or only airlines affliated with Chase?

gpapadop Jul 14, 2012 3:06 pm

to thefig:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...ts-air-travel/

Study this link above

Participating partners in Chase Ultimate Rewards program (w/ Sapphire Preferred card) are:

Southwest Airlines
United
British Airways
Korean Air
Amtrak
Marriott
Priority Club
Hyatt Gold
Ritz-Carlton

skibum7732 Jul 15, 2012 3:04 am

Originally Posted by pritomd (Post 18916567)
I guess my line of thought was that Chase was only comfortable with me currently having 1 CC with them and if it's only 1, I'd rather it be UA than marriott. Wouldn't mind losing the bonus points.

Thanks anyway!

You don't care about the Marriott points? Just keep the card, put charges on it monthly, and pay it off in full. Do that a few months and they will probably approve you for the UA card. If you cancel right after getting it I doubt you will get the UA card anyway and risk losing your MR points.

ma91pmh Jul 15, 2012 6:17 am

one thing to be aware of with the sapphire preferred vs the southwest card is that points from the southwest count towards companion pass, whereas ultimate rewards transfers don't, so if you want to shoot for cp status you are better off going the southwest card route. i would wait for the re-emergence of the 50k southwest offer which has had a tendency to come and go

thefig Jul 15, 2012 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 18932434)
one thing to be aware of with the sapphire preferred vs the southwest card is that points from the southwest count towards companion pass, whereas ultimate rewards transfers don't, so if you want to shoot for cp status you are better off going the southwest card route. i would wait for the re-emergence of the 50k southwest offer which has had a tendency to come and go

Thanks ma91pmh, I already have the Southwest card but wanted to upgrade to the Premier for the new "No Foregin transaction fee" coming in Aug, but with upgrading I get no bonus points. btw: I have already obtained the CP.

moodle Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Chase United Question

Hey Guys!

I applied for the chase united explorer card last week. I was declined and then I called today to have it reconsidered. In the end, they did reconsider me! And I applied for the 65K mile special so I'll get the great 50K mile bonus before the other specials kick in.

Anyway...I'm flying to VA next week (im in LA) and I was wondering if the card would arrive before next tuesday? (the rep said the avg turn around time is 3-5 days).

If my card doesn't arrive in time, can I still check my bags in for free with united if I give them my milageplus number and tell them I haven't received the card yet?

THanks!

Jake Gittes Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Regardless of if you get your card in time or not, it should already be tied to your MP account. You should be able to check a bag without fee without problem!

schwinfamily Jul 18, 2012 8:08 pm

First Application For Travel Points With Chase

Hi all! I seem to be having a very hard time finding info on what bureau Chase usually pulls from. My issue is that I have 3 vastly different scores of 771, 712 and 702. 771 is from Experian. I have 3-30 day lates from 6 1/2 years ago when my husband was injured and not working. What are my chances of getting approved for the Southwest Chase card or the Chase Sapphire? I found a link for creditboards.com, but that info seems to be very outdated and doesn't list much for Wisconsin. Thanks for any advice!

DC777Fan Jul 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by moodle (Post 18958107)
Hey Guys!

I applied for the chase united explorer card last week. I was declined and then I called today to have it reconsidered. In the end, they did reconsider me! And I applied for the 65K mile special so I'll get the great 50K mile bonus before the other specials kick in.

Anyway...I'm flying to VA next week (im in LA) and I was wondering if the card would arrive before next tuesday? (the rep said the avg turn around time is 3-5 days).

If my card doesn't arrive in time, can I still check my bags in for free with united if I give them my milageplus number and tell them I haven't received the card yet?

THanks!

Call Chase back and ask them to overnight it. They'll do it no prob and you'll have it on time. Won't get the RCC passes, but you're not missing much.

Originally Posted by schwinfamily (Post 18958671)
Hi all! I seem to be having a very hard time finding info on what bureau Chase usually pulls from. My issue is that I have 3 vastly different scores of 771, 712 and 702. 771 is from Experian. I have 3-30 day lates from 6 1/2 years ago when my husband was injured and not working. What are my chances of getting approved for the Southwest Chase card or the Chase Sapphire? I found a link for creditboards.com, but that info seems to be very outdated and doesn't list much for Wisconsin. Thanks for any advice!

Chase will allow you to pick the bureau IF their default bureau is frozen. So if you really want the Chase card, freeze EQ and TU and then call the recon line after you submit the app. If they say they couldn't pull your credit, then tell them that EQ and TU are frozen and ask them to pull EX. Multiple credit analysts at Chase have told me they're fine pulling any of them. FWIW they pull EQ for me for personal cards and EX for business cards and I'm in VA.

pritomd Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 18959186)
Call Chase back and ask them to overnight it. They'll do it no prob and you'll have it on time. Won't get the RCC passes, but you're not missing much.

Seconded. I don't know if the marriott premier card works the same as the united explorer card, but I asked Chase to rush my CC and they did. They send a second card as a rush (so I got my rushed card in 2 days, and then the "regular" card a week later).

liw5215 Jul 21, 2012 10:30 am

Ink Bold and Ink Classic.

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding Ink Bold and Ink Classic. I know the major difference is that Ink Bold card holders transfer the points to the airliners/hotel while Ink Classic can not. I already have Chase Sapphire Preferred so it is not an issue for me.

If I apply for Ink Class card now. After one year, apply for Ink Bold card, will it give me 75K points ( 25k from Ink class and 50K from Ink Bold)? Thanks