FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1191535-applying-chase-credit-cards-archived-2008-5-2015-a.html)

phdtomd Jun 28, 2012 5:07 pm

I really want the Sapphire Preferred card. This may sound silly, but I dream about it sometimes. I was the same way before I got the HH surpass and the SPG personal this June. I also am strongly considering the WN card. I got an email from them for 50,000 miles instead of the 25,000 mile offer. I am going nuts here. Part of me wants to just submit the app and see what happens. Must... Wait... Too many inquiries

DC777Fan Jun 29, 2012 7:23 am

Data point: Got the CSP and Ink Bold in April and today approved for UA w/ 10k on recon (got pending online and called right away). That's it on Chase for 2012, I think, unless the Hyatt offer is still around come December.

It was a painless recon call also... Just verified info and said hold on. Came back 4 min later and said ok I'm going to approve it for 10k. I asked to expedite and he said can't do it yet account isn't created. Not rude but definitely not warm and friendly at all which both previous recon experiences with Chase have been.

DC777Fan Jun 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Master thread]

Weird update ... Called back to ask about overnighting card and told it still hadn't been approved--that the recon agent only "recommended it be approved" and I'll hear within 2 weeks. It seems weird though because he gave me an exact credit limit... Anyone experienced this?

longhorn11 Jun 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 18844109)
Weird update ... Called back to ask about overnighting card and told it still hadn't been approved--that the recon agent only "recommended it be approved" and I'll hear within 2 weeks. It seems weird though because he gave me an exact credit limit... Anyone experienced this?

I had this same thing happen on my BA card back in May, I called back a few days later and they overnighted it. The last agent said they were waiting for the account to be created. Maybe call them back early next week and see what they can do.

flyer4512 Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I applied for 2 chase cards in a month and was turned down on the reconsideration line because they said I opened too many accounts in too short of a time span, the major difference was they were looking at all my accounts, not just chase

I even offered to lower my 20K limit on my United card................no dice

koolr Jul 1, 2012 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 18845096)
I applied for 2 chase cards in a month and was turned down on the reconsideration line because they said I opened too many accounts in too short of a time span, the major difference was they were looking at all my accounts, not just chase

I would call again.

biggestbopper Jul 2, 2012 12:41 am

I recently helped a friend apply for the UAL Explorer card. F already had a Saph Pref card.

F was turned down for the UAL card and called (after being out of town for a few weeks) reconsideration line and was told was past the 30 days for reconsideration. But, could reapply.

Did reapply and card came in the mail last month with no calls to reconsideration.

DC777Fan Jul 3, 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11 (Post 18844632)
I had this same thing happen on my BA card back in May, I called back a few days later and they overnighted it. The last agent said they were waiting for the account to be created. Maybe call them back early next week and see what they can do.

They told me that while the analyst had "recommended" approval, that it was not his decision ultimately--strange since I got CSP and Ink Bold on initial recon call. It went to another dept, for which there is no telephone access (on the consumer end) and no way to expedite. Called application status line every day and today came back approved, though I'm not sure of the limit since the card has not arrived yet. I presume it's for the 10k the original analyst told me.

longhorn11 Jul 4, 2012 1:04 am

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 18867525)
They told me that while the analyst had "recommended" approval, that it was not his decision ultimately--strange since I got CSP and Ink Bold on initial recon call. It went to another dept, for which there is no telephone access (on the consumer end) and no way to expedite. Called application status line every day and today came back approved, though I'm not sure of the limit since the card has not arrived yet. I presume it's for the 10k the original analyst told me.

Very strange. At least it worked out in the end! Maybe it went to the "verification" department? I had my CSP go into that status for a few days back in January.

italian7 Jul 4, 2012 9:25 am

Hey guys,
I saw the United Chase card gives you 5,000 extra miles for each additional card.
Is it the same for the Sapphire Preferred Card?
Thanks

Ps. How much are additional card holder fees for both cards?

longhorn11 Jul 4, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by italian7 (Post 18869363)
Hey guys,
I saw the United Chase card gives you 5,000 extra miles for each additional card.
Is it the same for the Sapphire Preferred Card?
Thanks

Ps. How much are additional card holder fees for both cards?

The CSP does not have a similar offer that I'm aware of. AU cards for each are free.

jatink129 Jul 4, 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11 (Post 18867800)
Very strange. At least it worked out in the end! Maybe it went to the "verification" department? I had my CSP go into that status for a few days back in January.

Had the same thing happen to me with Chase United MileagePlus card.
I was told I was approved. When i called back later on to ask them to expedite the card, I was told that I wasn't approved and the card was awaiting Verification.
Got transferred to the verification department, where as usual they asked me a hundred question...and then approved me. :D

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 18845096)

Which cards were these?

I was recently approved for Chase marriott, Chase United MileagePlus, and Chase PriorityClub within a span of 35 days and I have had the Freedom for about a year.

I had to move some credit for the United and was denied 3 times for the Priority.
But I kept calling them back every 15 minutes..and was finally approved. I had to move some more credit though.

You get 30 days from application date, to call and ask for a review...Maybe it's worth your while calling them again?

I'm also considering freezing my experian to prevent any more inquiries to that report. :D

DC777Fan Jul 4, 2012 1:48 pm

I actually specifically asked if it was the verification dept and they said no it was credit. Didn't want to push it too much, but it seemed like a more senior credit analyst needed to take a look?

I called regular CS today to verify CL and to expedite and they did approve it for the 10k the original analyst suggested.

mnscout Jul 5, 2012 1:13 am

Interestingly enough, I was approved for my 7th Chase card today (Fairmont) without even having to call the reconsideration line!

What happened was this: Within an hour after my application I received a message at my office with a phone number and a reference number. When I called they said something caused an error during submission and verified all the info on my application. After that he said he was submitting for approval and voila! Approved with $20K. Auto-approval with Chase has been a thing of past for me for a very long time, after my 4th card with them, I think. Always had to call and re-arrange credit. Now all I need from Chase are Hyatt, RC, Bold and Amtrak:) Anyone with 11 Chase cards currently alive? No, don't answer to that...:)

whizbee Jul 7, 2012 10:48 am

I applied for two Chase Mileage Explorer cards within 2 days of the other because I got the wrong offer. Called in to cancel the first one but they sent me both with 60K points each. Oh well? :)