Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:22 pm

i closed out my plus sw card and added the 1200 cl to my new sw premiere card to make it 3k total

will chase get mad if i applied for the hyatt card in a month or so and then moved that 1200 back to the new account since i doubt chase is gonna issue more credit

ive opened 3 accounts since november with chase and closed 3 cards in the process
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gld Elt, HHonors Dmd, VX Slv
Chase Sapphire Upgrade

I'm planning on upgrading my CS Visa to a CSP Visa this year. Do I have to still meet the spend requirement of $3,000 within 3 months to get the 40,000 UR points?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mbandawat85
I'm planning on upgrading my CS Visa to a CSP Visa this year. Do I have to still meet the spend requirement of $3,000 within 3 months to get the 40,000 UR points?
If you upgrade (AKA convert) to a CSP, you won't get the 40,000 UR pt bonus unless a CSR specifically made you an exception.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
If you upgrade (AKA convert) to a CSP, you won't get the 40,000 UR pt bonus unless a CSR specifically made you an exception.
And I don't think an exception like that has ever been made. Just apply for a new CSP outright and get your bonus points.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:47 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
I have not applied for any Chase product in the last 90 days and I cancelled a MileagePlus Explorer card in June, 2013. Thus, six months have elapsed since that cancellation. My question is about reapplying for that card—but mine is not a general inquiry. Rather, it's specific to receipt of an "invitation" from Chase via postal mail in paper form replete with a personal invitation number (offer good through 1/29/14). Does the "hardness" of this offer/invitation bolster my chance of getting the bonus miles? Anyone have any experience in this case?
Originally Posted by IPG
I have had success sending a SM and asking if I was eligible for the sign-up bonus on a proposed credit app before submitting it...Maybe that might work? You'd have it in writing as well, fwiw.
Thanks for the suggestion. It worked. ^ Response from Chase...

We are pleased to tell you that should you apply for the
United MileagePlus® Explorer Visa credit card
you would be eligible for the enrollment bonus.
RNE, saying this will be the third Explorer Card I've owned.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:40 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Thanks for the suggestion. It worked.
Applied. Approved. ^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mayhem213
yep

and i got the csp back in late november (that one required me closing 2 cards at the time)
I'm looking to apply for the SW Plus and SW Premier cards in March. Both personal. Both 50k bonus. Hopefully I'm as lucky as you.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by 405#Club
I'm looking to apply for the SW Plus and SW Premier cards in March. Both personal. Both 50k bonus. Hopefully I'm as lucky as you.
The T&C specifically state you can't get the bonus on 2 personal cards. I would go for 1 personal and 1 business to be safe but people have reported getting bonus on both personal cards.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 am

So yesterday we finally decided to apply for the CSP and take the dip. Did it online and within couple of seconds of pressing the *Submit* button, a message pops up saying *Congratulations! Your application for Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has been approved.* Incredible!! Would have thought that it will at least take couple of weeks for the screening etc. to go though. A nice surprise.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:02 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by AK321
So yesterday we finally decided to apply for the CSP and take the dip. Did it online and within couple of seconds of pressing the *Submit* button, a message pops up saying *Congratulations! Your application for Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has been approved.* Incredible!! Would have thought that it will at least take couple of weeks for the screening etc. to go though. A nice surprise.
Instant response is the rule anymore—not the exception. Although a noted exception is when one has multiple cards with the bank and it wants to move some of a credit limit from an existing card to one's new one.

RNE, congratulating you on your acceptance. It's a great card! Be sure to register it with MileagePlus dining. And also be sure to dine out the first Friday of every month.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
be sure to dine out the first Friday of every month.
I thought the CSP First Friday program ran only to the end of 2013. Am I misrecalling?

[mods, pls move to CSP benefits thread if appropriate]
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I thought the CSP First Friday program ran only to the end of 2013. Am I misrecalling?

[mods, pls move to CSP benefits thread if appropriate]
They announced it would now be through 2014.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
The T&C specifically state you can't get the bonus on 2 personal cards. I would go for 1 personal and 1 business to be safe but people have reported getting bonus on both personal cards.
Given they are two separate products with distinct features (Premier is a higher annual fee, but no foreign transaction fees), I hope it's not an issue. Maybe I'll go conservative and stagger the applications.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
Need some advice,

I completed my first mini-AoR on November 12th and received the SW Premier ($7k), SW Plus ($5k), US Air MC ($5k), and AAdvantage MC ($6,500). I also jumped on the 50k Alaska Airlines offer ($6k) in mid December. My question is regarding future Chase apps - I would like to get both the IHG and CSP. I know I need to wait a 90+days at minimum from my previous Chase apps so that puts my time frame around Valentine's Day.

My current income is through a Navy scholarship for medical school which pays me a stipend of $24,000 a year. Both of the SW cards are my only Chase cards and since the Plus only came with a $5k limit, am I correct to assume that Chase will probably not extend me much more credit? I know the IHG card has 2 versions - Visa Signature and Visa Platinum. I haven't been able to find out if the Visa Platinum is also eligible for the 80k signup bonus and annual free night at any property - does anyone have any information about this?

As far as my travel goals, I am getting married in April 2015 around the time I graduate. We are planning our honeymoon to Bora Bora - hence, the importance of the IHG free annual night. I would also like the CSP for every day use, but I am in no rush to get it. What would you guys advise as far as timing of my app(s)? Should I not push my luck around Valentine's Day due to my recent inquiries? MyFICO - 745 and CreditKarma - 750.

I would appreciate any advice you could offer!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:22 pm

I applied for both SW personal and business card on Friday. Personal card was approved immediately but I got a pending for review for the business card. I called chase a few hour later, and after a few questions the guy told me I was approved for the business card but he will need to move $5000 credit limit from my Hyatt card.

I said no problem and today I see that credit limit for thehyatt card decreased by $5000. I also see the new account for my personal card. My only concern is that I don't see anything about the business card. Do I need to login to a different webiste. I also haven't received any confirmation email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.