Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by boncovi
So jealous. Hope mine arrived today! Can't wait 5PM to go home and check.

I asked them to ship it to work, but they said it can go to billing address only
The rep should be able to provide you with a tracking number. That may ease your anxiousness. I left my office to pick up my card as soon as I found out UPS left it at the doorstep!
Old May 22, 2012, 12:05 pm

I'll call if it's still not there this evening.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
What a waste of a hard inquiry... Did they make you send the card back?
They didn't ask for it back. I'd be happy to send it, but it never came up.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by jmr50
They didn't ask for it back. I'd be happy to send it, but it never came up.
At least you got a nice souvenir!

btw I realized that they do UC membership on Tuesdays, so I just called concierge and the rep was wonderful and enrolled me right away, said I should get the card and materials in 3-4 weeks and that I could just provide my United membership number to gain access to the lounge in the meanwhile.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:20 pm

EAGLE HAS LANDED

What a nice card!

I love the detailed work! Laser engraving is mean!

So happy!
Old May 22, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, JP Morgan Palladium, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, GHA Black, et. al
EAGLE HAS LANDED

What a nice card!

I love the detailed work! Laser engraving is mean!

So happy!
Congrats!! I know exactly what you mean.
Old May 23, 2012, 2:27 pm

for those who wonder what ended up happening with my case, they're asking me to close my sapphire and united cards to be approved.

I've already got my points out of those, so I'm happy to close, though the only thing that makes me concerned is whether the credit line of pd is being reported to the bureaus?

I don't want a huge amount of credit to disappear from my report.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Old May 23, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
At least you got a nice souvenir!

btw I realized that they do UC membership on Tuesdays, so I just called concierge and the rep was wonderful and enrolled me right away, said I should get the card and materials in 3-4 weeks and that I could just provide my United membership number to gain access to the lounge in the meanwhile.
How do you know it's been activated? I'm on week 3 of waiting and I've tried logging into my account on United.com but I see no indication of club membership (would there even be any?) Is there any other way to find out, short of calling United?
Old May 23, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by sayark
for those who wonder what ended up happening with my case, they're asking me to close my sapphire and united cards to be approved.

I've already got my points out of those, so I'm happy to close, though the only thing that makes me concerned is whether the credit line of pd is being reported to the bureaus?

I don't want a huge amount of credit to disappear from my report.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
It is a hidden TL, just like the JPM Select. It doesn't get reported to the CRAs.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Just called the concierge again, to make hotel reservations for a date weeks in the future, and again, rather unimpressed. They are not Virtuoso, only Ensemble. So for my trip to YVR, they only had limited properties, and the amenities were not that great at all...
Old May 23, 2012, 3:36 pm

Just got the card today and holy crap is it hefty. I've never owned a Centurion, but I've held one and I'd have to say that the Palladium comes in at least the same or heavier than the black card. Looks very classy in the front spot of my wallet.

Gonna call concierge today and book a stay at the Four Seasons. I'll see if they have any pull with free upgrades and what not.
Old May 23, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
It is a hidden TL, just like the JPM Select. It doesn't get reported to the CRAs.
So how does this work?

It will never show up on my credit report? Even as a charge card or revolving account like amex?

What about being late or default for over 30 or maybe 60 days? It'll show up as "collection"?

Since there's no credit card on the report, you can't be late for a non existing account right?
Old May 23, 2012, 4:14 pm

So how does this work?

It will never show up on my credit report? Even as a charge card or revolving account like amex?

What about being late or default for over 30 or maybe 60 days? It'll show up as "collection"?

Since there's no credit card on the report, you can't be late for a non existing account right?
It'll come up like a utility bill or cell phone bill. Won't help your credit per se but if you're delinquent or late it'll show up as a collection.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by jpark1982
It'll come up like a utility bill or cell phone bill. Won't help your credit per se but if you're delinquent or late it'll show up as a collection.
Considering neither utility or cell phones show up on your credit report that's not true. The CL won't show up at all on your credit reports. No information. Nada. I've had a JPMorgan Select for nearly a year now and there's not a drop of information on any of my CRs. However, it is true that if you are delinquent that collections will show up, which thank god I've never had to experience.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by themoveforward
Considering neither utility or cell phones show up on your credit report that's not true. The CL won't show up at all on your credit reports. No information. Nada. I've had a JPMorgan Select for nearly a year now and there's not a drop of information on any of my CRs. However, it is true that if you are delinquent that collections will show up, which thank god I've never had to experience.
I believe the point is: if the account goes bad it will report to your consumer credit report. Jpark1982 is completely correct on this. I don't think he or she was saying utilities report positive accounts.

In sum, this card is a hidden tradeline in the sense it will not adversely affect your utilization because it does not report to your consumer report. For those of us who make large purchases often this is an awesome feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.