Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:36 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Can Palladium Concierge arrange a backstage Broadway pass?

Does anyone know if the Palladium Concierge service is able to arrange anything like a backstage pass for a Broadway show?

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:14 pm

Sorry, they can't arrange a backstage pass to a roto-router convention; let alone a broadway show.

However, AMEX does sometimes offer, through ticket master I believe (or tele-charge), a special VIP seating package that includes backstage passes. They are a bit expensive though. Maybe 200.00 or so more a seat. I was going to do this for Motown a few months ago, but decided against it.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:22 pm

It amazes my why people want this card so badly. I know 3 other people, aside from myself, who cancelled the card. It is just not worth the $600.00 fee. AMEX Platinum, on the other hand, is worth the $600.00 fee. There is ZERO value from the Palladium Card. You might as well just get the Ritz Carlton or United MileagePlus Club Card. Those at least have status.

I do have two of the Palladium cards left over. Think anyone would want a Palladium Card with the name Comp Talk inscribed in it? Taking offers…
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:43 pm

LOL. Well in fairness, it does have global entry (according to the new benefits guide, not sure whether it did before) for anyone who needs that, which didn't seem to be a one time benefit, Lounge club with unlimited guests (not PP definitely but it can work for a large group in places), united, gha black, slh loved with 5 stays to Honoured and one stay to maintain. they seem to have expanded the list of Palladium hotel agreements this year, though that's unpublished afaik. It's a hidden tradeline with spending power above most cards (though not as high as the cent without assets)... It's not really geared for the consumer market I think... And yes there's no reason they shouldn't add hyatt/some united benefits. Or even ritz status... What they do offer tends to be more boutique style places... with the exception of Fairmont... which they've quoted me some rates below FHR with the same benefits. The concierge said to expect an updated hotel guide in the mail sometime next month, so we'll see. With the nuisance fees waived and I can see the appeal for some banking clients. It's also a visa... I'm sure there's no need to relate the issues I had with amex on my last trip to Europe. As far as its aesthetic appeal, eh, you must appreciate that they managed to create a singularity which can fit in your wallet
So it really depends on the value to the individual, most people aren't going to use the netjet benefit (unless they are the sort of customer who's wallets the card is intended to drain) or discount on air conditioned closet space. But zero value... hmm well if it's worth that I'll start the bidding off with .01 for your cards and shave them into ninja stars... taking offers on that creation Be careful though... even Steve Jobs had some issues with transport. Now if you have the compalk domain name for sale as well, we can talk turkey :P

Last edited by csol47; Dec 9, 2013 at 10:59 pm
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:52 am

Call and ask. They work for Circles, same company that services Amex. Don't expect miracles from either team. Obvs they can't get you an amex specific deal but if something is available online they can book it. Personally I don't expect much from any of the mass market concierge groups. But there's only one way to find out. Chase does own a whole lot of NYC so anything is possible I would suppose. Let us know!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes

Do people really find locking down $250k to get the Palladium worth it? That's a serious question. What happens if you drop below $250k after getting it?
My balances with Chase have rarely exceeded 50k as its retail and investment banking products do not appeal to me. Yet I have CPC and the Pd card. CPC is not anywhere near the service of JPM private banking.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by comptalk
It amazes my why people want this card so badly. I know 3 other people, aside from myself, who cancelled the card. It is just not worth the $600.00 fee. AMEX Platinum, on the other hand, is worth the $600.00 fee. There is ZERO value from the Palladium Card. You might as well just get the Ritz Carlton or United MileagePlus Club Card. Those at least have status.

I do have two of the Palladium cards left over. Think anyone would want a Palladium Card with the name Comp Talk inscribed in it? Taking offers…
I get less value from Amex platinum than from Pd. Different people, different spending pattern & different idea of relative value.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by csol47
... slh loved with 5 stays to Honoured and one stay to maintain....
Also available to American Express Platinum cardholders:

http://www.slh.com/amexplatinum/
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
My balances with Chase have rarely exceeded 50k as its retail and investment banking products do not appeal to me. Yet I have CPC and the Pd card. CPC is not anywhere near the service of JPM private banking.
Just curious, are you simply keeping the ~50K in their checking / savings products? I rarely go to the bank to make deposits, but after making one yesterday, the bank manager insisted that I talk to CPC. They gave me the pitch, and I wasn't that impressed. Sure there are a lot of freebies like service waivers, free checks, no wire transfer fees, etc, but for my needs, I don't need anything more than the Chase Premier Checking account.

Plus, I keep most of my cash in online savings accounts with better rates.

One thing I will mention that was previously mentioned before, seems like they are willing to work with you if they anticipate that you will meet the CPC requirements in the future.

All this buzz about the Palladium card almost makes me want to call and get my account reopened! Almost...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I get less value from Amex platinum than from Pd. Different people, different spending pattern & different idea of relative value.
Exactly. Personally it makes sense for me because I would pay for the UC anyways so that's $400 a year and I can transfer to UA and Hyatt which last I check MR could not. I have an Amex plat as well for one of my businesses but for personal the Pd does make sense for some people (like myself). Now if you are a SPG/DL person it probably doesn't make very much sense.

Also the 35,000 UR point bonus for spending over $100k each year is a nice perk. My plat amex doesn't do anything like that.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:05 pm
mia

Originally Posted by DErg
Also the 35,000 UR point bonus for spending over $100k each year is a nice perk. My plat amex doesn't do anything like that.
Chase tends to award bonuses tied to spending (category bonuses, threshold bonus), while American Express tends to award bonuses when transferring to airline or hotel partners. One style may be a better fit for you, but overall I think they offset.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Chase tends to award bonuses tied to spending (category bonuses, threshold bonus), while American Express tends to award bonuses when transferring to airline or hotel partners. One style may be a better fit for you, but overall I think they offset.
Good point, I forgot about transfer bonuses. Are those set all the time though or do they vary? I have never transferred out of Amex, I just use the points for low fare economy flights for our employees.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:05 am
mia

Originally Posted by DErg
...they vary?
They do vary, which means there is an element of uncertainty compared to Chase's approach. Using Membership Rewards "Pay with Points" option for airfare caps the value at $0.01 each, which is mediocre. If you like that approach you would do better with a number of other award programs, but that topic is best explored in another thread.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
As far as qualifying for the minimum deposit amounts, do 401(k) plans kept at JP Morgan count?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:57 pm

Probably, but let's be candid. There's the perception of scarcity and exclusivity they're trying to maintain as a qualifier on the surface. Is it that hard to get? Nope. At least that is what people I've spoken with have seemed to imply. They don't care that much. They're supposed to assert that you meet a certain level potential as a client. But it's a relationship card, you don't actually need an account in order to get one. That said... the banker probably wont bother unless there's even a remote chance of you someday becoming a client at that level. But as I said... it's a gimmick, if you travel a lot and can use the benefits great, getting it for the eye candy alone is your decision but I wouldn't buy in for the melt value lol. The allure of this card as some sort of elite keepsake is interesting. From the banks perspective it's a bit like the story of Versailles... I also spoke to a rep who told me that a lot of PD holders spend well beyond their means... Which is of course a double edge sword for a bank but what they occasionally write off is probably just a rounding figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.