Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Valveking
Does anyone know if this thing sets off airport metal detectors?
Yes, it definitely does.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Valveking
...two big advantages that I see are the 35K bonus after 100k in spend so that you are getting an effective 1.35 points per dollar and the greater acceptance of Visa cards
The JP Morgan Select card ($95) awards 25,000 bonus points at $100,000 spending and includes many of the same benefits as Palladium, but not the lounge access. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html

Both Select and Palladium do award 2X points for travel spending, but not for dining.

There is a link to the downloadable application earlier in the thread.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Yes, it definitely does.
+1. I use TSA's PreCheck where (theoretically) one only needs to remove cell phones from pockets to walk through the metal detector, but I've noticed that my wallet sets it off every single time as well.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Just had another bad experience with the customer service. I called asking if the card had any discounts worked out for air shuttle service between NYC-BOS/WDC, as some other cards have worked out 40% discounts on this route. The woman who answered my call, although friendly, could do NOTHING other than just read the book on the benefits of the card. She really was not that familiar with the card, and didn't even know what shuttle services WERE. This is not a deal breaker, but this card should be answered by people who know what the product is, and don't just open the PDF for the card benefits when you call.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, JP Morgan Palladium, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, GHA Black, et. al
Just had another bad experience with the customer service. I called asking if the card had any discounts worked out for air shuttle service between NYC-BOS/WDC, as some other cards have worked out 40% discounts on this route. The woman who answered my call, although friendly, could do NOTHING other than just read the book on the benefits of the card. She really was not that familiar with the card, and didn't even know what shuttle services WERE. This is not a deal breaker, but this card should be answered by people who know what the product is, and don't just open the PDF for the card benefits when you call.
For these types of questions you really should be calling the concierge, not customer service. Two completely different functions. In almost every way.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:36 am

Palladium card holders don't ride in shuttles, they ride in limousines.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Palladium card holders don't ride in shuttles, they ride in limousines.
I think he means the plane shuttles

joelfreak, if you do find out they do offer discounts for the shuttle routes, please keep us posted!

Last edited by kethee; Jul 6, 2012 at 9:28 am Reason: major brain block
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by kethee
I think he means the plane shuttles

joelfreak, if you do find out they do offer discounts for the shuttle routes, please keep us posted!
oops Yes please keep us posted. I love reading about the hidden benefits of this card.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by dragoncat
For these types of questions you really should be calling the concierge, not customer service. Two completely different functions. In almost every way.
^ Concierge is who I've used to deal with anything besides bill payments, disputes, etc...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
Yes, it definitely does.
+2 The TSA guy gave me a strange look when I said my credit card must have set it off. They give a similarly befuddled look when I ask for my film to be hand checked.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
oops Yes please keep us posted. I love reading about the hidden benefits of this card.
My thoughts exactly
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:08 am

I called for the conceirge. The mainline person said she had worked with them for this answer, and that they agreed...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:10 am

They say they dont offer it...turns out its a new benefit of my ML+ card on the DL shuttle...i knew i had read it somewhere...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by 6am at ORD
+2 The TSA guy gave me a strange look when I said my credit card must have set it off. They give a similarly befuddled look when I ask for my film to be hand checked.
Who uses film? They have these newfangled digital cameras out for the past, decade or so...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Who uses film? They have these newfangled digital cameras out for the past, decade or so...
I got a Lomography fisheye camera for Christmas and it makes some really fun pictures. Any expired disposable camera will be full of surprises too. I also have a Nikon DSLR set up for serious pictures. I once had the x-ray guy confirm I had a genuine Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 because he counted the elements as it went through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.