Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by jeelele
Had applied for DW last week when the offer became active again. Had called next day and was told that the application was denied. She was friendly and went over the credit history in minute details over the phone and the lady would not budge. Nothing doing. Have done 2 app-o-rama in 2009 and 2 in 2008 but otherwise spotless credit history with high credit limits on most open accounts, no late payments, solid income and zero debt, FICO of 750+. She said its the recent app-o-ramas which is an issue.

Called 2 more time this week and both times, similar story. Got a female rep each time and she just would not agree to reconsider or move the available credit from the other open Chase card account. Called again this morning and got a male rep who immediately accepted the request to be reconsidered and to move some of the available credit line. He put us on hold and came back after 2-3 minutes saying that he has gone ahead and submitted a request to move 10K of the larger available credit line from the other card and approve the BA card. It is subject to verification and that we should hear the final decision within 30 days.

Anybody has had similar experience and were their application approved? If this request is approved, I wonder if the card will have the same 100K promo applied or will it be a current measely promo.

Would appreciate input from the experts and experienced ones.
We just checked the chase online account and the credit line on the active account has already been reduced by 10K. Although from previous posts, that is no guarantee that the card will be approved. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
If you saw my post I was in similar situation got approved this morning. Took 4 days, but it happened.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:01 am

Any valid link for application for this offer ?

Is this offer BY INVITATION only ?

Is there any valid link for application for this offer which does not ask for any "special/secret" code ?

Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
The promo appears to be dead, but if you read the first page, and call Chase some people are having success getting the CSR's to honor the offer over the phone. But on the Internet it appears to be dead -- down tow 30k bonus instead of 100k.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
man you were very persistent im impressed
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well here is a positive data point.

I was denied last year - too many hard pulls. They said 11 in the last 12 months. When I appealed, they said other things, too many cards out, etc. (I'm a fairly active AA churner).

Well, because I wasn't the optimal churner (i.e. not every 60 days), by the time January 12 rolled around, I had less only about 7 hard pulls in the last 12 months.

Applied again on the very last day there was just that one lone website still offering 50k (Monday or Tuesday January 12, forget which). I was debating how long to wait after the hard pulls, but the other sites going down and just this single one still alive made the call easy.

APPROVED! 17k Limit!! Found out by calling the live person number.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeelele
We just checked the chase online account and the credit line on the active account has already been reduced by 10K. Although from previous posts, that is no guarantee that the card will be approved. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Wow! I just checked mine, and before I made the app last weekend I had over 45k of total credit limit on my two cards (because they had been consolidated from five cards last spring and they hadn't tried to reduce any of it), and today it's showing each has been reduced to 2.5k credit limit (and thus 5k total credit limit for the existing two cards).

I hadn't spoken to anyone at Chase (to request reallocation or anything else), I made the app last weekend (while the main link was still working), using my existing Chase logon when prompted, and have been "patiently" waiting since.

Hopefully this drastic reduction in the credit limit on my existing cards is because they're ready to give me a new card?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PM & AA Gold and other stuff
Applied Jan 13 and was approved this morning according to the 800 #. Friend applied an hour after and is still getting the application pending message on the 800 #.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Passport Platinum, IHG Platinum and Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
told you it would work , i had to do the same thing, first rep said "Nope" asked for a supervisor and she took care of it
It worked, but it was like pulling teeth out of a mouth. I have never had any problem obtaining credit or a credit card prior to this. Additionally, because I try to never utilize more than 25% to 30% of my credit limit on a card in any given month, a 5K credit limit is really useless for me to use the BA card as a primary card. But hopefully, if I get the 100,000 points, it will be worth it. Since I just paid my annual fee for the SW card, my plan is to use the BA and SW cards for the next year and see which card best meets my travel needs. At the end of the year I will keep the SW card and dump the BA card or, if Chase is willing to up my credit credit limit on the BA card to at least 25K if I drop my SW card credit limit, keep the BA card and cancel the SW card. Except for this year, I am unwilling to pay Chase an annual fee for both cards.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by buschoi
Yes, it has been discussed many times. It is Chase's issue, not BA, so you will get no help from BA.

Send a secure message to Chase after logging in to your Chase account and ask them to add your BAEC # to your account. That's it. Then you should receive your new card with the BAEC #.
Thanks for your advice. ^ I emailed Chase ussing the secure site and I did hear back from them telling me the miles would post to my BA acct. in 24 hours. Well, its been more than 24 hours and they have still not shown up. I have emailed Chase again. I would like to use these miles next month to book travel. At first, I wasnt too concerned about any of this but my gosh it is taking forever and nothing is happening! I cannot understand how one can transfer miles from one FF acct to another in minutes through Alaska yet my miles ARE on my Chase statement and they cant seem to connect the dots to my BA exec. #. Amazing to me!!!!

I do appreciate your help and your suggestion to email Chase through the secure website. Thank you!!!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by philfna
The promo appears to be dead, but if you read the first page, and call Chase some people are having success getting the CSR's to honor the offer over the phone. But on the Internet it appears to be dead -- down tow 30k bonus instead of 100k.
My mom called and applied this am, the 50k + 50k promotion is still valid but they said it can expire anytime. She used the 888-593-5212 number
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mtndave47
My mom called and applied this am, the 50k + 50k promotion is still valid but they said it can expire anytime. She used the 888-593-5212 number
My wife just did it as well. You just have to say "I want to sign up for the 100k mile promotion" and they'll give it to you.

Now the debate is:

4 tickets to Europe (so two trips)

or

2 tickets to South Africa and 2 in North America
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
I love this place!!! Thanks! Just got off the phone, offer is still good.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I received a phone call last night. The agent told me that I had several Chase cards, and would it be ok if they closed a few to balance out my credit line. We spent a few minutes reviewing my various cards, to see which card to close. No brainer for United and CO. They're out.

I recognized the accent of my Chase agent. It was Hebrew. So if this agent calls you, you're off to a good start. Todah.

Shamless plug for the link below.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Just applied. The agent assured me the 50K +50K miles promo is still valid. Hope so - can't wait! I was so bummed when I missed this by a few days in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.