FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:32 am
richardvf

Programs: Hyatt Passport Platinum, IHG Platinum and Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
told you it would work , i had to do the same thing, first rep said "Nope" asked for a supervisor and she took care of it
It worked, but it was like pulling teeth out of a mouth. I have never had any problem obtaining credit or a credit card prior to this. Additionally, because I try to never utilize more than 25% to 30% of my credit limit on a card in any given month, a 5K credit limit is really useless for me to use the BA card as a primary card. But hopefully, if I get the 100,000 points, it will be worth it. Since I just paid my annual fee for the SW card, my plan is to use the BA and SW cards for the next year and see which card best meets my travel needs. At the end of the year I will keep the SW card and dump the BA card or, if Chase is willing to up my credit credit limit on the BA card to at least 25K if I drop my SW card credit limit, keep the BA card and cancel the SW card. Except for this year, I am unwilling to pay Chase an annual fee for both cards.