Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat (3 MM), Marriott Plat.
CX Complaints

Just curious if anyone has a government contact for complaint issues with CX? I know I can file a complaint with the Dept of Transportation here in the US, but wondering if there's a Hong Kong equivelent? Got a serious complaint which needs to be addressed above the company level.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It depends what type of complaint.

If it relates to inflight safety or operational issues then the Civil Aviation Department is where I would start: http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/contactCAD.html

If it's more just a general complaint about the way they do business I guess you could try the Consumer Council: http://www.consumer.org.hk/website/w...ocomplain.html
although I have no idea how useful that would be.

There is also the small claims tribunal: http://www.judiciary.gov.hk/en/crt_s...lt/html/sc.htm

But the Consumer Council and Small Claims Tribunal are only relevant if you made a purchase in Hong Kong.

Of course, if it is a criminal matter then the police are here: http://www.info.gov.hk/police/hkp-ho...ctus/index.htm

But have you already taken the issue as far as you can in CX's Customer Relations Department? I have always found them quite responsive if you have a serious issue to discuss.

To be able to help more I'd really need to have some idea what the nature of the complaint is. Happy for you to PM if you prefer.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:12 pm

Programs: CX, TG, SPG all back to base.
Interested as well as to what sort of complaint would warrant that kind of attention.

Came back from BKK last night on 702. The cabin monitor wasn't working so although there was sound, there was no picture for the safety briefing. They tried restarting it a few times to no avail. In the end a couple of FAs attempted to do it the old fashioned way, but it was a farce. Certainly wouldn't have been up to the standards of any aviation authority, but I'll let it go!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips and links! I may be seeking governmental advice and assistance from Hong Kong if my complaint isnt resolved. I have a very serious issue and nothing related to inop videos, or baggage. I'ts embarrasing for CX, so I'm still awaiting a response from them before pursuing a governmental/legal resolution. Regardless, thanks again for the info!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: CX, TG, SPG all back to base.
Best of luck in your endeavours, and sorry to hear you had what must have been an awful experience.

Keep us informed with how you get on!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:38 am

HKCAD sounds your best bet if operational/ safety

Note that they follow UK CAD system, not FAA.

There is no DOT in HK as such - but Secretary for Economic Services is the civil servant who deals with aviation issues
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:31 am
Suspended

I am not sure is your complaint regarding this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459209

If it is then it might be more of a consumer affairs complaint.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Nope, this is in regards to what I witnessed a few weeks ago. I'd rather not get into the details, but its regading the treatment of an elderly person by CX staff and both myself and another by-stander agreed that something had to be reported.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
In that case it really is an issue for CX's Customer Relations Department. If you have names of the CX staff involved (flight date/number and first name is fine, or position if it can be identified from that: ISM or cabin Senior Purser) then IME action will be taken. I have observed this both on positive and negative reports.

Did you raise the issue at the time with the Inflight Service Manager?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
There was limited catering available on a recent HKG-LHR CX flight due to "disruptions in LHR". No advance warning given.

Flight CX251 was fully catered, but decision was made to preserve provisions for the return from LHR. I filed a complaint thru the ISM, and provided my business card so they could contact me.

I will let you know how I make out.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Kiltboys
There was limited catering available on a recent HKG-LHR CX flight due to "disruptions in LHR". No advance warning given.

Flight CX251 was fully catered, but decision was made to preserve provisions for the return from LHR. I filed a complaint thru the ISM, and provided my business card so they could contact me.

I will let you know how I make out.
From what I heard, CX phoned in advance (ie, about 12 hours prior to departure) to say that only dinner and breakfast would be served.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:48 am

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
From what I heard, CX phoned in advance (ie, about 12 hours prior to departure) to say that only dinner and breakfast would be served.
Don't know where you heard this, but CX didn't phone me, or many other CX pax also travelling in First. The ISM was surprised, and mentioned that some Business Class pax had also mentioned that they had not been contacted. She said that she herself had only been informed of the situation at 20:30 that evening (for a 23:55 departure)

Two additional opportunities to inform me, at check-in in Kowloon, or checkin at the Wing, were also missed. Would have loved to have had a nice dinner at the Wing, but unfortunately opted to dine onboard.

Completely unacceptable, IMHO.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:05 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Well,

If the elderly person involved in this terrible event him/herself doesnt wish to report the happenings, then I really do not see why one would need to get the government involved.

If you witnessed something you dont like, then you can report it within CX and hope they take action. If they decide not to, then that is too bad for you IMHO. CX as a reasobaly good track record when it comes to dealing with these kind of situations.

May I also add that the american obsession with litigation is generaly not shared by the rest of the people on this planet....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.