Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delay - delay - delay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:50 pm

Well it reflects another (HKG, not CX) problem - is it just me or are outbound flights more and more likely to be delayed nowadays?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sscywong
Am I the only one that don't understand what the OP is talking about?
absolutely no clue. The OP is saying he flew AA from HKG-ORD on a flight that doesn't exist.

My *guess* is, the OP means he flew MNL-HKG-ORD on CX, and then ORD-final destination on AA. Otherwise the post makes absolutely no sense.

I'm also a little confused by the archaic lounge comment in MNL, because CX has a lovely new(ish) lounge there. Maybe this post is intended for something that happened a few years ago? I can't remember precisely when the new CX MNL lounge opened, but it wasn't 2017 and it might've been even before 2016. The olllld lounge in MNL was indeed an absolute dump but I have no idea why something from years ago is relevant today. Years ago, Pan Am used to exist and service on the US mainline airlines was actually nice! But that was.....years ago. Now we're all just worried about getting screamed at for being a security threat, and don't even think about hitting the call light...unless you're interested in a tour of Guantanamo.

But hey to each their own. The OP can fly AA (...just not to ORD from HKG, because again that flight doesn't exist) and I'll take CX. Something for everyone.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
I flew to MNL recently and found the lounge to be consistent to the ones in HK (albeit smaller) in terms of design and seating... Lovely staff there as well.

I recently flew AA on J from HKG-LAX with very dismissive FA's. Couldn't forget one FA raising her voice to a passenger next to me when he requested to have his fillet minion "medium" by saying "it will come out whatever way it was cooked honey, we just heat it for you!" Had a good giggle there.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by fast03
I flew to MNL recently and found the lounge to be consistent to the ones in HK (albeit smaller) in terms of design and seating... Lovely staff there as well.

I recently flew AA on J from HKG-LAX with very dismissive FA's. Couldn't forget one FA raising her voice to a passenger next to me when he requested to have his fillet minion "medium" by saying "it will come out whatever way it was cooked honey, we just heat it for you!" Had a good giggle there.
Hahahahaha. One more reason to stay away from AA, so glad I took the leap of faith! ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:07 pm

I'm assuming that as the OPs spouse flew from MNL 2 years ago it was before the lounge refurbishment and that complaint is no longer valid.

The only other issue seems to be that the ORD flight was 2 hours late, which is not the airline's fault ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by fast03
Hey, at least she called him honey, it's all good banter. I wouldn't mind it, still better than the robotic 'sir, madam' standard scripts Asian carriers are plagued with
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
CX built their own brand new lounge in 2015 at MNL Terminal 3 which is also ultra-modern compared to the other terminals in MNL. The restroom is of the same standard as the one in the CX lounge in KUL and is located at the far right corner of the lounge if you walk past the noodle bar.

Not sure where the "no restrooms" claim is coming from.
Most likely his wife used the old terminal at NAIA Terminal 1, was sent to the Pacific Club Lounge when CX was still constructing the lounge at Terminal 3.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I feel I must comment here. If the OP is starting in Manila, and so did his wife - are you Philippine? If yes, then my experience an hour ago - when PAL sent me an email (with a noreply address) telling me my booked, confirmed and paid-for business class flight to the UK (HK-MNL-LHR) was changed to the following day. Or to be precise, MNL-LHR is the following day, they didn't bother to update the first flights so now they have me spending 25 hours in MNL - for no good reason. Ringing up to try and figure something out there was "nothing they can do". I WISH I HAD BOOKED CATHAY! At least Cathay would have put me on another flight the same f'ing day. And as for your comment about Cathay's lounge in MNL - what year are you travelling? Since moving to T3 some years back, the lounge is now international standard, with great food, plenty of seating, toilets that flush (yeah!) and a nice view. Even the internet works some of the time.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:39 am

I was in the CX Manila lounge a few months back, really comfortable, good food, noodle bar, attentive staff and my flight was delayed for several hours. In spite of the delay, you could not find fault with the lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
CX built their own brand new lounge in 2015 at MNL Terminal 3 which is also ultra-modern compared to the other terminals in MNL. The restroom is of the same standard as the one in the CX lounge in KUL and is located at the far right corner of the lounge if you walk past the noodle bar.

Not sure where the "no restrooms" claim is coming from.
Terminal 1
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Was talking about spouse who flew with CX last time he was there from Terminal 1. No rest rooms. You have to climb up a long flight of stairs to the main floor and find a rest room. Ground crew acted like zombies. You talk to them and they look at you like deer on headlights. They do not know how to interact with customers. Typical people being there just for show but do not have customer service skills.

All these in comparison with, most US airlines - and with AeroMexico, CEA, EVA, China, Korean and Japan airlines. CX is totally over rated. I think their employees rely on the CX branding which may have been good before (but I have never experienced it) and expect that people will bow to them. NO! Its the other way around.

My experience is based on flying with other airlines and interaction with flight and ground crews. My best experience was with AeroMexico. Talk about customer service!! They truly bend over for their customers.

I'll expand more later when i have time.

Last edited by frogtog; Aug 2, 2017 at 7:34 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by frogtog
Was talking about spouse who flew with CX last time he was there from Terminal 1. No rest rooms. You have to climb up a long flight of stairs to the main floor and find a rest room. Ground crew acted like zombies. You talk to them and they look at you like deer on headlights. They do not know how to interact with customers. Typical people being there just for show but do not have customer service skills.

All these in comparison with, most US airlines - and with AeroMexico, CEA, EVA, China, Korean and Japan airlines. CX is totally over rated. I think their employees rely on the CX branding which may have been good before (but I have never experienced it) and expect that people will bow to them. NO! Its the other way around.

My experience is based on flying with other airlines and interaction with flight and ground crews. My best experience was with AeroMexico. Talk about customer service!! They truly bend over for their customers.

CX has been operating from Terminal 3 since October 2014, so it's clearly wasn't 2 years ago as per your original post.

By the way all the airlines you have pointed out (with the exception of AeroMexio and CEA?) still fly out of terminal 1, and would most likely have the same issues your wife in the past.

Most of my flights on CX used to depart from gate 7 back at T1, which doesn't have a restroom in it. However if she was at the lounge the restroom was across the lounge before the steps leading down to the waiting area for gate 7.

I wouldn't really blame any airline for the airport terminal as it was really in a state of disrepair, with talks of the transfer to T3, im sure airlines didn't want to invest in any improvements prior to the move.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott

As a domestic AA customer, I've had enough hard time just trying to give away my "in recognition of your outstanding services" stickers to FA, with the intention just to get rid of these stickers as long as I receive reasonable services other than poker face "Trash?" without even looking...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: pleb
All these in comparison with, most US airlines... CX is totally over rated.
What are you smoking??
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade

I re-read your first post and your most recent comment again and again....

Your subject of the post is "Delay" but now seems you are talking about the attitude of staff... You cite a case you claimed it was 2 years ago but is after rounding it is actually nearly 3 years ago... So you are complaining about something happened 3 years ago?

On the delay issue, it's a 2 hours delay ok. But what do you want from CX? My experience tells me all airlines treat me the same when they have a two hour delay - Tell you to wait for 2 hours and that's it. If you have a connecting flight they may help to do rearrangement depends on whether your connection is protected or not...

Granted, CX's customer service in recent years is declining... But if you want everyone to bend over for you, take private jet. There're already too many DYKWIA customers in the world...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.