Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

oneworld benefits when crediting to another FFP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG

There has been a lot of discussion about crediting to one FFP while reaping the elite benefits off another. But seems like it has mainly been on lounge access - which seems to be established that access is still possible just by showing card and boarding pass.

Anyone have any information regarding extra baggage and priority baggage? If I were to show a OWS card during check in but request credit to another OW non-elite programme, would I be given the benefits? If not, what if I just changed the programme after check in at the lounge or gate?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:04 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jdtravels
There has been a lot of discussion about crediting to one FFP while reaping the elite benefits off another. But seems like it has mainly been on lounge access - which seems to be established that access is still possible just by showing card and boarding pass.

Anyone have any information regarding extra baggage and priority baggage? If I were to show a OWS card during check in but request credit to another OW non-elite programme, would I be given the benefits? If not, what if I just changed the programme after check in at the lounge or gate?

Thanks!
never had been a problem for me for the last year or so when i have JL Status and credit flights to asiamiles
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaka
never had been a problem for me for the last year or so when i have JL Status and credit flights to asiamiles
Mind sharing how you went about changing your FFP # to your asia miles one? Or did you just show status with JL and CX allowed you to carry on excess baggage despite the record showing your non-elite FFP #?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
When I moved away from CX-MPO and started to credited my miles to JL. CX would need to remove my JL FFP#, enter my CX FFP#, check my baggage with the eligible allowance, then re-enter my JL FFP#.

Same when I fly JL LHR-Tokyo in PEY (w/eligibility to use BA's lounge in T3), I had a peek in front of that lounge and went straight to CX's lounge in LHR T3.

CX staff remove my JL FFP#, enter my CX FFP# to grant me entrance and then re-enter my JL FFP#.

On the other hand, when I was at JL HND domestic lounge, as a JL nobody, I just show them my CX Gold, they let me in without doing anything.

Sometime lounge staff would just let you in without registering your eligible FFP#, that happened to me once when I was at the Wing with BA Silver (OWS), it was 4 years ago though.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:23 am

Anyone got experience with QR?

I am a MPC gold member, and will fly QR to Europe soon.The booking class of my QR ticket does not entitle any miles to MPC / Asia miles, but could earn 25% miles in BA Avios. I would like to get the miles credited to my Avios account, while I would like to enjoy the gold member benefit (extra baggage and lounge access). Is that I should register my flight ticket under my Avios account, and show my MPC member card at the airport?

Also, anyone knows if Gold member can enter the Doha lounge or not?

THanks.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks! Hope CX ground staff will help me change my FFP # then.

For outposts without an actual CX lounge (only 3rd party), anyone have any idea where I can get my FFP # changed after check in? Seems risky waiting until the minute before boarding...

Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
Anyone got experience with QR? ... Is that I should register my flight ticket under my Avios account, and show my MPC member card at the airport?

Also, anyone knows if Gold member can enter the Doha lounge...
At the present moment, OWS does give you access to the Doha Al Mourjan lounge - but that is supposed to change when the other lounges open. Will be interesting to see whether the CX DOH-HKG flight that has the "special partnership" with QR entitles passengers to the Al Mourjan rather than the Oryx (logic being that CX J used to give access to the Premium Terminal at the old airport).

Last time I was at DOH, the lounge staff actually had portable barcode scanners at the bottom of the escalators leading up to the lounge (no computers there to fiddle with changing FFP #s). So unless your boarding pass was already linked to the your MPC/elite FFP #, you won't be able to get past them (my experience is that QR ground staff away from the actual 'service desks' are quite strict with the rules and aren't particularly helpful or willing to listen to explanations about changing FFP #s and the like).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels
Thanks! Hope CX ground staff will help me change my FFP # then.

For outposts without an actual CX lounge (only 3rd party), anyone have any idea where I can get my FFP # changed after check in? Seems risky waiting until the minute before boarding...

At the present moment, OWS does give you access to the Doha Al Mourjan lounge - but that is supposed to change when the other lounges open. Will be interesting to see whether the CX DOH-HKG flight that has the "special partnership" with QR entitles passengers to the Al Mourjan rather than the Oryx (logic being that CX J used to give access to the Premium Terminal at the old airport).

Last time I was at DOH, the lounge staff actually had portable barcode scanners at the bottom of the escalators leading up to the lounge (no computers there to fiddle with changing FFP #s). So unless your boarding pass was already linked to the your MPC/elite FFP #, you won't be able to get past them (my experience is that QR ground staff away from the actual 'service desks' are quite strict with the rules and aren't particularly helpful or willing to listen to explanations about changing FFP #s and the like).
Is that i can change my FFP #s anytime before I do my check-in?

Because my first leg of my QR ticket (HKG > DOH) is actually operated by CX, and I would like to register my MPC# first to get a higher chance of upgrade, and get my points credited to my Avios account. Can I first link up the ticket to my MPC account, and change it to my Avios account when i check in at the airport (2 hours before departure)?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Thumbs down Tried and denied...

Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
Is that i can change my FFP #s anytime before I do my check-in?

Because my first leg of my QR ticket (HKG > DOH) is actually operated by CX, and I would like to register my MPC# first to get a higher chance of upgrade, and get my points credited to my Avios account. Can I first link up the ticket to my MPC account, and change it to my Avios account when i check in at the airport (2 hours before departure)?
I flew HKG > DOH back in late March on QR... During the online check in/ counter check in, I gave them my AB Gold Card (OWS) so I managed to get all the OWS benefits. However, I tried to change the FFP back to QR Privilege Club at the gate and got rejected. The gate agent saw the CX lounge stamp on my boarding pass and said that I used the lounge benefits hence he could no longer change the FFP for me.... I didn't bother with the subsequent flights since QR OWS equivalent needed 4 sectors on QR metals. Good luck on your situation!

PS. For my CX DOH > HKG flight on April 7, I did get seated/"upgraded" to the premium economy class section as CX no longer sells them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.