Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cup of Noodles back?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Loaded with LDL cholesterol. If only they were not like that. Still delicious on long haul Y.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fishball
you have no idea how important cup noodles are to every travelling (mainland) Chinese...

I can't remember any single lounge at mainland china that doesn't stock cup noodles. And actually for a lot lounges at smaller airports, cup noodles could be the only hot food option.

I always thought about the option to take one onboard and ask for hot water, is that allowed?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:47 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I always thought about the option to take one onboard and ask for hot water, is that allowed?
I had an (now ex-) colleague, planning her first trip home with toddler:

Her: can I bring congee on board?
MPO: even if security doesn't prohibit you for LAG rules, our FAs will refuse to heat it - passenger self-provided food
Her: he's just started on pasta. What if I pre-cook pasta?
MPO: then our FAs can provide you with hot water to warm it

It worked my colleague said
So if they provide hot water for that, why can't they provide hot water for adults' cup noodles?
Might even be a more elegant solution if I have to do a lunchless run to TPE ever in the future
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by jkuok
I am not mainland chinese but i love cup noodles, just not enough to buy them at the store.
Plaza premium east lounge has them, if you can get in. Two flavours in fact.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:44 pm

I am not mainland chinese but i love cup noodles, just not enough to buy them at the store.
Precisely, which is why it is so nice to be able to just get one served to your seat, without having to go to the supermarket yourself, boil water, wash a pair of chopsticks, and then dispose of it yourself afterwards.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Well I always wanted to bring

on board to enjoy it ... which I gurantee will wake everyone on flight and ask if he / she can get one

But I do think you can bring your own food. I have bring countless times sushi from Terminal 2 pass though customs, the gate and the jetway. It always taste better compare with the food in tray

well alternatively can I ask for boiling water instead ?
you are so effing evil!

i would bring my own hot water from lounge/hot water outlet.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fishball
you have no idea how important cup noodles are to every travelling (mainland) Chinese...
jal has it too. All the way up to F.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:37 pm
Suspended

The inability to understand why asians/japanese/chinese want hot noodles is the same as the inability for asians to understand why europeans eat sandwiches and salads as a main meal (trad japanese breaky is grilled fish n rice).

im fine w both, but i dont see why the hostility. And those who dont want to serve cup noodles can quit their job. They cannot not want to do anything and get paid.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
The inability to understand why asians/japanese/chinese want hot noodles is the same as the inability for asians to understand why europeans eat sandwiches and salads as a main meal (trad japanese breaky is grilled fish n rice).

im fine w both, but i dont see why the hostility. And those who dont want to serve cup noodles can quit their job. They cannot not want to do anything and get paid.
It won't stop there. When dine on demand is rolled out and if there's a dish with strong aroma like Japanese curry, the crew will just do the same as it will wake up the entire cabin and orders will start flying in.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

I'm HKer and I don't like it because of the smell, saltiness and MSG overflow
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Plaza premium east lounge has them, if you can get in. Two flavours in fact.
I remember they are Korean brand cup noodles right? One is Shin in red and the other was orange color when I was in there last time

jal has it too. All the way up to F.
Yes, but then in F lounge there is so many other choices that cup noodles is just no my top priority.

I miss the old G16 lounge, they do stock up on cup noodles (cathay brand but made by nissin) and their noodle bar has like 4 options instead of the regular wanton noodle.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
same applies to dimsum, local soup noodles, etcccc
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
ba might be a better airline choice for you. They have ambient snacks for a better ambience
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:58 pm
Suspended

I remember they are Korean brand cup noodles right? One is Shin in red and the other was orange color when I was in there last time

Yes, but then in F lounge there is so many other choices that cup noodles is just no my top priority.

I miss the old G16 lounge, they do stock up on cup noodles (cathay brand but made by nissin) and their noodle bar has like 4 options instead of the regular wanton noodle.
i mean onboard not the lounge. (Before i get attacks, they serve it in a nice bowl and not a polystyrene box)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:09 pm

Shin 辛辣 and 安城 cup noodles.

I'm doing my groceries at Aeon now. The wife is going "I don't like cup noodles either, but I do want something hot for the morning..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.