Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cup of Noodles back?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Cup of Noodles back?

After missing Cup of Noodles for my last two JFK-HKG-JFK flights it seems to be back on this flight, and the FAs actually asked me how many do I want at once (instead of the usual: sorry only one per passenger.)

Hope it stays back
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA,AA,CX,SWA
Was that supposed to be one per passenger? I wonder how they could keep track.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, the cup of noodles have never been eliminated in Y. All they did was reduce the size. Could be either 1) they ran out on your flight or 2) they forgot to stock them inflight.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fsklee
I wonder how they could keep track.
With CO and the alcohol policy, they actually write down the seat number. But then again, you could just ask your seatmate to order for you.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Although I still really do not understand what the big deal about Cup of Noodles is anyway (if people really love them so much why don't they just bring their own? You can even choose your own flavor that way, and they cost like USD$0.50 or less at a supermarket), it just seems so petty and cheap to me that CX would eliminate them (it maybe would save $100USD/flight) that I suspect Rejuvinated's opinion is correct. It's not like CX is in much better financial shape now than they were 3 or 6 months ago.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Although I still really do not understand what the big deal about Cup of Noodles is anyway (if people really love them so much why don't they just bring their own? You can even choose your own flavor that way, and they cost like USD$0.50 or less at a supermarket), it just seems so petty and cheap to me that CX would eliminate them (it maybe would save $100USD/flight) that I suspect Rejuvinated's opinion is correct. It's not like CX is in much better financial shape now than they were 3 or 6 months ago.
1. CX doesn't allow reheating of outside cup noodles or any of your own food brought on board due to personal hygiene.

2. It's the little things that may make things great. It would be great for Y pax if they have a hot snack option on the flight like in J and F except for a cheaper cost. Simple option: Cup Noodles.

*100 USD/flight isn't much for an operating airline.
*People just love CX cup noodles for no reason, but they aren't going to bring their own anyways (Example: I won't haul my butt all the way to a supermarket to get a cup noodle for a 12 hour flight). If it costs 100 USD to make the customers more satisfied and give them one more reason to go to CX, why not?

Last edited by Theaser; Sep 27, 2009 at 10:24 am
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by Theaser
1. CX doesn't allow reheating of outside cup noodles or any of your own food brought on board due to personal hygiene.
Well I always wanted to bring

on board to enjoy it ... which I gurantee will wake everyone on flight and ask if he / she can get one

But I do think you can bring your own food. I have bring countless times sushi from Terminal 2 pass though customs, the gate and the jetway. It always taste better compare with the food in tray

well alternatively can I ask for boiling water instead ?

Last edited by ChrisLi; Sep 27, 2009 at 10:41 am
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Theaser
Eh? I've seen them do people's own noodles for them on several occasions. All they have to do is pour hot water on them - I can't see any possible hygiene issue there.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:23 am

Last edited by sealalula; Oct 5, 2009 at 3:00 am
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by christep
Eh? I've seen them do people's own noodles for them on several occasions. All they have to do is pour hot water on them - I can't see any possible hygiene issue there.
Bring your own noodles and have them add hot water definitely fine the last time I checked. You'd just have to worry about the hot water from the dirty tank though.

Last edited by percysmith; Apr 29, 2017 at 11:53 pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:51 pm

"第一個乘客叫杯面會比全體空姐沮咒" <-- the first pax who orders cup noodles will be collectively cursed by all the FAs.
The FA then proceed to describe how they'll try and reduce the smell e.g. by cooking using multiple changes of water.

From ViuTV "Talker Helmet Intercom" http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56x4w9

I've been told cup noodles are only stocked for US and UK flights.
I've also been told by someone else he had the unfortunate distinction of being the first bxstard to order a noodle, and set off a chain reaction throughout his cabin.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by percysmith
The FA then proceed to describe how they'll try and reduce the smell e.g. by cooking using multiple changes of water.
The most extreme ones involve pre cooking them and chilling them first so no odor spreads through the cabin

Originally Posted by percysmith
I've been told cup noodles are only stocked for US and UK flights.
And JNB route

Indeed, out of all things, I wish they cut cup noodles instead, everyone will be happier...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Indeed, out of all things, I wish they cut cup noodles instead, everyone will be happier...
Yes but Asians have expectations there will be hot food - look how long it's taken CX to cut rice meals on HKG-TPE, and the substitute is still a posh roll rather than pretzels or cookies or cake that non-Asian airlines will give out for such distances.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: CX AY DL
you have no idea how important cup noodles are to every travelling (mainland) Chinese...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by fishball
you have no idea how important cup noodles are to every travelling (mainland) Chinese...
I am not mainland chinese but i love cup noodles, just not enough to buy them at the store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.