Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KVS Tool now searches CX awards!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:34 pm

I guess I should add that I already have the same itinerary booked for the following day. Just trying to move it up a day to gain an extra day. I've been watching KVS every day for the last month or two. The SFO-HKG had been F- on KVS until last night when it finally changed to F+ for 2 people.

I'll try calling back again and ask that they check separately, but at least one of them mentioned something about not seeing availability on either of the flights.

I guess the frustrating thing is that even when I explain to them that another partner airline is showing award availability on the Cathay flight I want, they would rather argue with me. Rather than just take a few minutes to make a phone call they insist on arguing about it with me, saying it will be unproductive, and spend time waiting to ask a supervisor. I repeatedly politely explain that I'm not trying to have them open up new inventory, just check with CX for availability. They just don't seem to have any interest.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jjwjjw
but at least one of them mentioned something about not seeing availability on either of the flights.
That statement would have made me suspicious that the telephone agent was querying incorrectly, as the HKG - DPS flight almost always has availability in J (sometimes with 6 or more seats). I suspect that the agent is querying to find Z seats from SFO - DPS, and the output of the query is indicating that no Z seats can be found for the entire itinerary. I've had this outcome numerous times, and calling back and requesting each segment separately has usually succeeded for us. It's painful, but usually worth the effort.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Due to an unexpected change in travel plans, was just checking HKG-N.A. F award availability for the next week. Essentially all listings now show FS/ instead of FS-. We know that they still have F on these flights. Any ideas anyone?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Due to an unexpected change in travel plans, was just checking HKG-N.A. F award availability for the next week. Essentially all listings now show FS/ instead of FS-. We know that they still have F on these flights. Any ideas anyone?
Seems like this started happening a couple days ago after I downloaded the newest version. Seems like a glitch with the latest release. Hopefully they fix it quickly.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:54 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by jjwjjw
Seems like this started happening a couple days ago after I downloaded the newest version. Seems like a glitch with the latest release. Hopefully they fix it quickly.
That's actually how the CX engine is currently reporting F award availability. However, we have now incorporated a work-around into the KVS Tool -- please download V6.0.6.R1 and try again...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
That's actually how the CX engine is currently reporting F award availability. However, we have now incorporated a work-around into the KVS Tool -- please download V6.0.6.R1 and try again...
Yup...back to normal. Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: CO Gold
another problem with KVS and CX availability

I searched on KVS / BA / CX website for HKG-LAX CS on May 16

KVS reports

<b><a href='http://www.KVSTool.com/?R'>[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.7/Platinum - Amadeus: Awards/CX]</a></b>
<pre>HKG Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
LAX Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
MON 16 May 2011 | 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- ------------
CX 884 HKG 13:05 LAX 11:20 773 0 FS+ CS- YS-
CX 882 HKG 16:15 LAX 14:25 773 0 FS+ CS- YS-
CX 880 HKG 23:40 LAX 21:45 773 0 FS- CS+ YS-
</pre>

BA also shows one seat available

I tried to call to book, but was told F is available, not CS.
I also tried to book it on BA site (shows that one ticket is available) , everything seems to be going smoothly until when I hit send credit card information. I got error message "Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center."

I called BA once again, and was still told that no availability

Anyone encounter this problem? thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:08 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by needHelp
I searched on KVS / BA / CX website for HKG-LAX CS on May 16

[..]

BA also shows one seat available

I tried to call to book, but was told F is available, not CS.
I also tried to book it on BA site (shows that one ticket is available) , everything seems to be going smoothly until when I hit send credit card information. I got error message "Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center."

I called BA once again, and was still told that no availability
Please see the newly-updated Q32 at http://FAQ.KVSTool.com/
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:08 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow OneWorld: CX Award Availability Discrepancies

These guidelines apply to situations, where there are apparent discrepancies with CX Award Availability for OneWorld award purposes.

While the human (i.e. agent) factor remains to be the most unpredictable variable, the following can be used as a general rule set for OneWorld CX award availability:

• If the [Awards/OneWorld] Method in the KVS Tool shows [+] & [Awards/CX] shows [+], then the seats are most certainly available -- keep calling back until you get a good agent.
  • If [Awards/OneWorld] shows [-] & [Awards/CX] shows [-] or [@], then the seats are not available -- virtually no point in calling.
  • If [Awards/OneWorld] shows [-] & [Awards/CX] shows [+], then the seats are probably available to CX's own FFP members only -- call a few times to verify availability.
  • If [Awards/OneWorld] shows [+] & [Awards/CX] shows [-] or [@], then the seats are probably not available, but call a few times, just in case.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KVS
[*]If [Awards/OneWorld] shows [-] & [Awards/CX] shows [-] or [@], then the seats are not available -- virtually no point in calling.
What does @ actually mean in the availability display?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: A few
From what I am seeing on AsiaMiles website, it seems to be when CX is offering availability on stand-by basis, which is only available to their own memebers
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
From what I am seeing on AsiaMiles website, it seems to be when CX is offering availability on stand-by basis, which is only available to their own memebers
It also shows up for other carriers, OZ, for example, fairly frequently. But it only stays for a minute or two. If you re-run the search, the flights/cabins designated as @ usually change to -.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Interesting, I have just started using the system today, as I am trying to (re-)book a trip into Asia without going to/thru NRT on/around April 6. All flights checked show F@ and C@. Does this provide any hope that seats might become available? I have been working with AA call in center for over a week without success.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:13 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Interesting, I have just started using the system today, as I am trying to (re-)book a trip into Asia without going to/thru NRT on/around April 6. All flights checked show F@ and C@. Does this provide any hope that seats might become available?
Unless you are redeeming from a FFP that allows award waitlisting on CX (e.g. Asia Miles), the "@" indicator should be treated the same as "-".
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KVS
Unless you are redeeming from a FFP that allows award waitlisting on CX (e.g. Asia Miles), the "@" indicator should be treated the same as "-".
Thx, KVS. Got it. Still holding a bit of hope though ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.