Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KVS Tool now searches CX awards!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
By the way, CX's online booking system is provided by Amadeus. Both revenue bookings and redemptions bookings have an Amadeus 6-digit PNR associated, and one can call CX e-service center to obtain them. Therefore, I'm not sure if you should call it CUPID or Amadeus.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 4:04 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow [CUPID: Awards-Upgrades/CX] Method Temporarily Unavailable

An updated version of the KVS Tool will be released shortly...

See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...interface.html
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:27 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Access to CX award availability has been restored and a new version of the KVS Tool is now available for download.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Quick question (sorry turned out to be long winded) - I'm looking to convert an AA partner award on CX in business to first class when seats become available on CX (in Nov 2010).

It looks like the Platinum level of the KVS Tool will help me find when CX First Class seats are available. (Rather than calling AA every day.) Is that correct?

i.e. will I be able to monitor for available CX First Class seats that will be available to the AA agents when I call (in general)?

Will I need any airline mileage program or website accounts beyond a KVS Tool account? i.e. Does is the original instruction regarding signing up for sort of AsiaMiles account number still required?

Any other limitations that I should know of prior to contributing for a 12 month account in order to help with this single booking?

Thank you, iolaire
Old Dec 17, 2009, 5:00 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Quick question (sorry turned out to be long winded) - I'm looking to convert an AA partner award on CX in business to first class when seats become available on CX (in Nov 2010).

It looks like the Platinum level of the KVS Tool will help me find when CX First Class seats are available. (Rather than calling AA every day.) Is that correct?

i.e. will I be able to monitor for available CX First Class seats that will be available to the AA agents when I call (in general)?
The short answer is yes. The long answer is that it is always subject to agent error (happens with every airline), and additional availability reserved for CX's own FFP members (however, there haven't been any credible reports of this happening in case of CX so far).

Will I need any airline mileage program or website accounts beyond a KVS Tool account? i.e. Does is the original instruction regarding signing up for sort of AsiaMiles account number still required?
The instructions at http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Methods are up-to-date and the sign-up only takes a minute.

Any other limitations that I should know of prior to contributing for a 12 month account in order to help with this single booking?

Thank you, iolaire
Perhaps you could use the Tool for your other bookings over the next 12M (and hopefully more) ...
Old Dec 17, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:21 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow Resolved: [Awards/CX] Method Issues

Be sure to upgrade to the latest version (V5.1.8). This will resolve any "Data Source Error" issues.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

CX Awards are now available via both [Awards-Upgrades/CX] & [Awards/OneWorld] Methods in the KVS Tool.

However, there have been reports of conflicting results... If anyone has any specific examples, based on attempted/successful redemptions from non-CX/QF OneWorld FFP accounts, please post them here.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: A few
Inconsistency noticed

Just thought I'd post an inconsistency that is showing up.

I'm looking for CX F availability for Jun 8th JFK-HKG

Under CX awards shows CX831 with availability

Under OW awards shows CX841 with availability

Calling AA Exec they show the same CS831 available.

When I first called a week or so ago KVS was showing availability on same that ExecDesk could not pick up, wondering if I just had a bad agent
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Just thought I'd post an inconsistency that is showing up.

I'm looking for CX F availability for Jun 8th JFK-HKG

Under CX awards shows CX831 with availability

Under OW awards shows CX841 with availability

Calling AA Exec they show the same CS831 available.

When I first called a week or so ago KVS was showing availability on same that ExecDesk could not pick up, wondering if I just had a bad agent
Thanks for this data point.

This further confirms that CX award availability data, shown via the [Awards-Upgrades/CX] Method, is a more accurate reflection of the OW award availability and should take priority over what is shown via [Awards/OneWorld].
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: CX MPC Gold
I'm also a KVS elite member. Under Awards/Upgrades I see 'Amadeus: Awards/CX'. I want to check upgrade availability (ie Econ to Bus or Bus to First).

CX MPC told me upgrade award availability > ticket award availabiliy. How can I check upgrade availability??

Originally Posted by KVS
Thanks for this data point.

This further confirms that CX award availability data, shown via the [Awards-Upgrades/CX] Method, is a more accurate reflection of the OW award availability and should take priority over what is shown via [Awards/OneWorld].
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:36 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ac8781
I'm also a KVS elite member. Under Awards/Upgrades I see 'Amadeus: Awards/CX'. I want to check upgrade availability (ie Econ to Bus or Bus to First).

CX MPC told me upgrade award availability > ticket award availabiliy. How can I check upgrade availability??
Did the agent mention which are the CX upgrade booking classes?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold
They are all U class for Business class companion, upgrade and award tickets.

Before the CX new redemption booking interface, the old one let you pick 'companion award', 'upgrade award' or 'ticket award'. So clearly there are different priorities for each type of redemption booking (and Yes CX confirmed this).

When I click on 'Amadeus: Awards: CX', it shows FS, CS, YS and YA. However, it does not show upgrade award or companion award availability. Do you know if it's possible with KVS???

Originally Posted by KVS
Did the agent mention which are the CX upgrade booking classes?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:35 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

They are all U class for Business class companion, upgrade and award tickets.
If they are all booked in the same booking class, then the award and upgrade availability would, almost certainly, be the same.

Before the CX new redemption booking interface, the old one let you pick 'companion award', 'upgrade award' or 'ticket award'. So clearly there are different priorities for each type of redemption booking (and Yes CX confirmed this).

When I click on 'Amadeus: Awards: CX', it shows FS, CS, YS and YA. However, it does not show upgrade award or companion award availability. Do you know if it's possible with KVS???
Again, so far, all available 'hard facts' indicate that there are no separate upgrade booking classes.

However, if that is not the case, then there would currently be no way to access upgrade availability without having a ticketed reservation, except by calling CX/AsiaMiles/MPC directly.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by KVS
If they are all booked in the same booking class, then the award and upgrade availability would, almost certainly, be the same.
Although companion, upgrade and full resemption are of the same booking class to the outside world, they are certainly not inside CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.