Wiki Posts
Search

CX Summer 09 Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by christep
Actually, I was quite stunned earlier this week to find LKF closed (entirely) at 2am. And in Wanchai only a couple of bars still open (Spicy Fingers, Dusk til Dawn). Delaney's, for example, was closed. Bulldog's Wanchai now closes at midnight except Saturdays. The bankers are obviously beginning to feel some pain
Did you check Portland St and Shanghai St? Maybe there are still people up there at 2am...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:25 pm

those two...shanghai street can still be ok, with the section near temple. No way Portland for sure...and Langham would be closed anyway
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vlawkh
while currently it is might be too early to look at W09 schedule, but CX already said 884/5 will come back in W09 when they announced the cut.

and it definitely would not be operated by 744, as the whole 747 pax fleet will finish 74A conversion by May 2009.
Looks like CX884/885 isn't coming back for Winter 09-10. All booking classes for 884/5 have been zeroed out Oct 26, 09 - Jan 20, 10 (Furthest date on system as of today) on SABRE. You also cannot book those flights on the CX online booking engine.

So apparently the announcement during the summer of the flights coming back was only a tentative plan and not definite and now they have decided that demand and economic conditions will not warrant the re-introduction of 3x daily service for the LAX market.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wingfly
Looks like CX884/885 isn't coming back for Winter 09-10. All booking classes for 884/5 have been zeroed out Oct 26, 09 - Jan 20, 10 (Furthest date on system as of today) on SABRE. You also cannot book those flights on the CX online booking engine.
It's definitely removed from CX inventory. Just updated on my blog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.