Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, DL Plat, Marriott Plat
Lounge in Toronto

I thought that CX used the BA lounge in YYZ but upon further review it appears they're now using the KLM lounge? Anyone have experience with this lounge? I read some reviews from 2006 saying that the buffet was loaded with excellent pretzels...wondering if it's up to the usual BA/CX lounge facility.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:55 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
I was in that lounge in June ...didn't know it was the KLM lounge as the front desk was staffed by a CX employee.
Very spartan lounge IMHO. No hot food, probably because it was only 9 am in the morning.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:59 pm

I was in Toronto in September and was directed to the BA lounge.

Was the typical BA lounge set-up. Fairly nice buffet breakfast too....
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AP, QF, Marriott Silver
I flew out on October 31 and was directed to the KLM lounge. OK, nothing special on the buffet for breakfast. The OJ was Tropicana with the Aeroplan offer. I was tempted to copy down the code number on the container and see if anyone had claimed the miles
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be honest outside of the Pre-Flight Dining, I find the self service food selections at the BA lounge worse than the KL one. Furthermore one can "pay" $25 CDN to enter the KL lounge should they have no status.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:06 am

Did this change given the shifted departure time of 827?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, AP, QF, Marriott Silver
SOmething I just remembered about the KLM v. BA lounge. If I remember correctly at the BA lounge there was a CX rep on duty. At the KLM lounge it was just KLM staff.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Spend 90 mins in the KLM lounge this past Sunday night. Good flat screen to watch the football game, but other wise the place was loaded with three other flights. THere was a couple who sat by me who dicided to change their infant in the seat (not talking about sleep wear), and well, maybe this is more cost effective but maybe it would be better to put the OW carriers together.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 1:27 pm

I was there Nin. 11/3. It was crowed and there was almost no food. And not much of an alcohol selection. I went to BA lounge which was locked but some opened and told me to go to the KLM lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.